Celebrity Infinity

Gingercruiser

All plans for revolutions are on hold.  Money is being used to stay afloat.

This is what is  being reported for Solstice which is currently in dry dock in Singapore  Maintenance work, certification and blue hull paint apparently

Edited by wrk2cruise

We are booked on the infinity south America so I’m really hoping by then it will be revolutionized!! I I think only time will tell when  they finally get back to cruising ! Hopefully  they will go back to revolutionizing the ships that were scheduled.

We’re also booked on the Infinity Chile-Argentina sailing in February 2022, originally scheduled to be on the Silhouette. We transferred to the Infinity a couple of months back, but aren’t too excited about the ship. Still a long way off, so we’ll see how it goes, though I don’t believe any revolutions will take place till at least 2023.

We sailed on the Infinity in September 2019 and the refit was done earlier that year. The good points were that generally the décor in the public areas is lighter and a bit 'fresher'. The bad points are that the bow outside deck area has been closed off to non suite passengers and I get the impression that Celebrity are going down the route of creating classes like Cunard.

The new décor in our cabin 7180 was more B&Q (Home Depot for American readers) than 'modern luxury 'and the useful coffee table had gone and the only seating was a rather uncomfortable small 2 seater sofa.

Unfortunately I have read that they have also let Kelly Hoppen  loose on the Silhouette which we are next booked for so I suppose it will be more of the same !     

I'm booked  (rebooked) on the Infinity for a February 2022 Antarctica cruise. I'll be very surprised if the itinerary remains as published. Unless the Polar Code (see thread in "Antartcia Ports" forum) is postponed, it is doubtful that the Infinity will meet the compliance regulations to sail in the Antarctic region. The Code is due to go fully into effect in January of 2022. Celebrity denies any knowledge of this. 

44 minutes ago, canico said:

We sailed on the Infinity in September 2019 and the refit was done earlier that year. The good points were that generally the décor in the public areas is lighter and a bit 'fresher'. The bad points are that the bow outside deck area has been closed off to non suite passengers and I get the impression that Celebrity are going down the route of creating classes like Cunard.

The new décor in our cabin 7180 was more B&Q (Home Depot for American readers) than 'modern luxury 'and the useful coffee table had gone and the only seating was a rather uncomfortable small 2 seater sofa.

Unfortunately I have read that they have also let Kelly Hoppen  loose on the Silhouette which we are next booked for so I suppose it will be more of the same !     

I think you are confusing the Infinity with the Summit which was revolutionized in 2019. The Infinity was scheduled for Revolutionizing in Nov 2020, which was cancelled. Best guess from TA is 2023 for Infinity. We are booked on the Infinity in September for a cruise that was canceled in 2020.

• Like 2

I really don’t see a big advantage with the ship being revolutionizing we were on last February and was scheduled this month but that was canceled, we love existing perks for suites adding a hot tub and area two decks above pool doesn’t interest me much, love the existing suite lounge Micheals.

• Like 1

New furnishings in the staterooms are badly needed in some cabins.  We were in  a  Celebrity Suite in 2019 and the sheer curtains had tears, both the sofa and side chair had badly worn  arms, dining table scratched and nicked.  The furnishings in most areas are just worn and dated.  I think the Penthouse & Royal Suites were given a refresh a few years ago.  

10 minutes ago, jelayne said:

New furnishings in the staterooms are badly needed in some cabins.  We were in  a  Celebrity Suite in 2019 and the sheer curtains had tears, both the sofa and side chair had badly worn  arms, dining table scratched and nicked.  The furnishings in most areas are just worn and dated.  I think the Penthouse & Royal Suites were given a refresh a few years ago.  

Exactly!  Just like in our own homes, carpet, furniture, etc wear out over time.  Tastes change and change tastes good.  I loved the Summit but def needed an overhaul, wish I could have been on her in Jan to see the improvements, though that day will come for me in time.

1 hour ago, George C said:

I really don’t see a big advantage with the ship being revolutionizing we were on last February and was scheduled this month but that was canceled, we love existing perks for suites adding a hot tub and area two decks above pool doesn’t interest me much, love the existing suite lounge Micheals.

Totally agree.  Revolutionizing offers nothing for us. I would have been more than happy if they had replaced the soft goods and furniture with something similar.  Not having a proper table on the balcony or staterooms in the vast majority of classes is ridiculous.  Gave up eating on my knees in kindergarten. 

And prefer the classic presentation of Michael's Club as opposed to the sterile feel of the Retreat Lounge. 

image.png.30bbb8d50a324756c968fa97e9dff0ec.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

Funny in 2019 we had a celebrity suite on infinity that was really in sad shape, then we had a great sky suite in perfect shape , last year our royal suite was flawless. Ship does need some repairs , I just don’t think the retreat area is a big thing. Would love to do retreat on the new ships .

6 hours ago, Stockjock said:

It's my view that there is a 50%-75% chance that this ship is transferred to Pullmantur, assuming of course that Pullmantur successfully emerges from bankruptcy reorganization.

Time will tell.

I agree and think it's highly likely that the speculation re both Infinity and Constellation leaving the fleet will turn out to be true.

If the Infinity and Connie are indeed transferred to Pullmantur, any idea which ships might replace them? Especially the South American itineraries  we’re talking about now? Would love for the Silhouette to be brought back as per the original deployment...

15 hours ago, ECCruise said:

And prefer the classic presentation of Michael's Club as opposed to the sterile feel of the Retreat Lounge. 

image.png.30bbb8d50a324756c968fa97e9dff0ec.png

Different tastes...

we much prefer the brighter, more modern look and never found the dark Michael´s Club design inviting. Hardly ever visited the place.

1 hour ago, Miaminice said:

Different tastes...

we much prefer the brighter, more modern look and never found the dark Michael´s Club design inviting. Hardly ever visited the place.

Yes.

That is why it is good we have so many choices.  We are trending away from Celebrity as it "modernizes" and looks for a new demographic.

2 hours ago, prish said:

If the Infinity and Connie are indeed transferred to Pullmantur, any idea which ships might replace them? Especially the South American itineraries  we’re talking about now? Would love for the Silhouette to be brought back as per the original deployment...

Speculation--Celebrity sells smaller ships and SilverSea becomes the only small ship option of RCCL. 

Do the smaller ships still fit the future of the Celebrity brand? Can they be operated profitably in the future of cruising?

M class ships don't fit the small ship categories.   They are over double the passenger counts of the smaller ship lines.

As far as what ships will replace them?  If the demand is there for all itineraries I don't think they will get rid of them.  Otherwise it's going to be the non profit itineraries which get dropped and your cruises may just go poof.