Alaska 2021 Cancelled

dpavid

I just got an email with a full refund today from NCL for our cruise May 30, 2021 on the Encore today. I went to their website and it seems like the entire Alaska 2021 season is not available to book. I assume they are tapping out of the 2021 Alaska cruise season.

1 hour ago, dpavid said:

I just got an email with a full refund today from NCL for our cruise May 30, 2021 on the Encore today. I went to their website and it seems like the entire Alaska 2021 season is not available to book. I assume they are tapping out of the 2021 Alaska cruise season.

This may well happen but is not currently the case, this is their statement from 12th February.

2021 Alaska Cruises

Following The Government of Canada’s Interim Order which calls for the suspension of passenger cruising in Canadian waters through February 2022, we will temporarily halt the acceptance of bookings for our 2021 Alaska season. At this time we have not cancelled any voyages in our 2021 Alaska season and are currently exploring several initiatives that may allow such cruises to continue.

We are working through all available options as quickly as possible, and given the fluidity of the current environment, we will also continue to work with the Canadian government to amend the current suspension. We will continue to keep all travel partners and guests updated as the situation progresses, and we thank them for their patience.

Edited by ziggyuk
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, jetact said:

I have an Alaska cruise booked and have gotten no correspondence at all so far. I am booked for October. 

Today they cancelled all May cruises including Alaska. 

NCL website says they are no longer selling Alaska cruises for 2021 but haven't cancelled the rest of the season yet.      

https://www.ncl.com/suspended-sailings

2021 Alaska Cruises

Following The Government of Canada’s Interim Order which calls for the suspension of passenger cruising in Canadian waters through February 2022, we will temporarily halt the acceptance of bookings for our 2021 Alaska season. At this time we have not cancelled any voyages in our 2021 Alaska season and are currently exploring several initiatives that may allow such cruises to continue.

We are working through all available options as quickly as possible, and given the fluidity of the current environment, we will also continue to work with the Canadian government to amend the current suspension. We will continue to keep all travel partners and guests updated as the situation progresses, and we thank them for their patience.

1 hour ago, jetact said:

I have an Alaska cruise booked and have gotten no correspondence at all so far. I am booked for October. 

You can still book October. Not cancelled yet. Only months through September 2021.

We got our email today regarding cancellation.  Since our 2021 cruise was booked using the FCC from our cancelled 2020 cruise, they say we cannot get a refund of our original payment, just the FCC.  Kind of bummed about that because I have growing concerns about solvency if they don't get some ships out on the water.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dmdiver said:

We got our email today regarding cancellation.  Since our 2021 cruise was booked using the FCC from our cancelled 2020 cruise, they say we cannot get a refund of our original payment, just the FCC.  Kind of bummed about that because I have growing concerns about solvency if they don't get some ships out on the water.

That is what you agreed to when you used the FCC for the new cruise.

Yeah, I figured they would not go back to the original booking, but I asked anyway.  As my hubby always says, you don't get what you don't ask for.  All I can do at this point is remain optimistic that they will get some ships on the water and maybe we'll be able to do our cruise next year.  At least I have all my warm Alaska clothes to wear during the deep freeze we are having down here.  I don't know about San Antonio, but it is miserable in the DFW area.  It was really crazy to see pics of snow in Galveston.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dmdiver said:

All NCL cancelled cruises were given the option for a cash refund. By accepting the FCC, you agreed to the terms and conditions of those FCC. 

6 hours ago, dpavid said:

You can still book October. Not cancelled yet. Only months through September 2021.

The Oct one is a TP going from Seattle to Tokyo via Alaska and Russia. Not stopping anywhere in Canada.

Edited by bluesea777
  • Like 1

I read an ugly forecast this morning.  One of our renowned medical clinics said that if we continue to relax mask mandates and other restrictions like we are presently doing , based on the good direction we are going at the moment and regardless of the effort to get vaccines done, that as the several virus mutations continue to rush into our lives throughout the world, spreading more quickly than the previous, that by summer and fall we will be worse off than we have yet been.  Yea.  I know most are just fear mongering and what do they know.  But, sometimes they do have some medical training to validate their thoughts.  Basically, we, NCL, no one has a clue where we are going to be in the months ahead.  I would not be laying out cash right now for a ticket to cruise.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, roger001 said:

I read an ugly forecast this morning.  One of our renowned medical clinics said that if we continue to relax mask mandates and other restrictions like we are presently doing , based on the good direction we are going at the moment and regardless of the effort to get vaccines done, that as the several virus mutations continue to rush into our lives throughout the world, spreading more quickly than the previous, that by summer and fall we will be worse off than we have yet been.  Yea.  I know most are just fear mongering and what do they know.  But, sometimes they do have some medical training to validate their thoughts.  Basically, we, NCL, no one has a clue where we are going to be in the months ahead.  I would not be laying out cash right now for a ticket to cruise.  

Have you read one forecast that has been right? All of these people predict doom and gloom and hype this to no end. If all of the predictions came true we would all be dead by now. They change these numbers every month and are always wrong. Medical training does not mean they are a good guesser. If people want to cruise let them as they know the problem and choose to take the trip. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, dmdiver said:

Yeah, I figured they would not go back to the original booking, but I asked anyway.  As my hubby always says, you don't get what you don't ask for.  All I can do at this point is remain optimistic that they will get some ships on the water and maybe we'll be able to do our cruise next year.  At least I have all my warm Alaska clothes to wear during the deep freeze we are having down here.  I don't know about San Antonio, but it is miserable in the DFW area.  It was really crazy to see pics of snow in Galveston.

Finally warmed up today, it is up to 40!!! I know you guys aren't supposed to get above freezing until tomorrow. Had little or no power the last two nights. Hope it stays up today. I think ERCOT is going to get a complete makeover!!!!

• Like 1

28 degrees right now.  I will welcome being above freezing.  We got a little more sleet/snow last night. We've been fortunate that our power hasn't gone out.  I know some that have been out for days.  Our hot tub has icicles hanging off the cover from the condensation.  Still a toasty 104 degrees inside though.  I'd love to be in it, but I sure would dread getting out. My main concern right now is my outdoor faucets. They're covered, but I worry that isn't enough.  Plumbers are gonna be real busy when the thawing begins.

59 minutes ago, dmdiver said:

28 degrees right now.  I will welcome being above freezing.  We got a little more sleet/snow last night. We've been fortunate that our power hasn't gone out.  I know some that have been out for days.  Our hot tub has icicles hanging off the cover from the condensation.  Still a toasty 104 degrees inside though.  I'd love to be in it, but I sure would dread getting out. My main concern right now is my outdoor faucets. They're covered, but I worry that isn't enough.  Plumbers are gonna be real busy when the thawing begins.

Yes I feel for everyone in Texas and OK as we have friends in both states. We travel to DFW a few times a year for races and sporting events. My cousin lives in Mansfield also. Oklahoma is really getting hammered, we just got done with a snow and ice storm of 4 days. Temps never got super cold so other then the ice if wasn't to bad. We are all looking forward to cruises in warm weather. 

On 2/16/2021 at 3:43 PM, dmdiver said:

We are in the same boat. But, as the saying goes, 'you pays your money, you takes your chances', or something to that effect. Time will tell, 

Best of luck to you and me.

On 2/16/2021 at 6:02 PM, dmdiver said:

No need for y'all to act all high & mighty.  I was just saying how I felt and if you read my next comment you will see I am not whining or jumping up & down or stomping my feet.  Geesh!

Some people have no life and have to find something to nit pick about. I understood you completely.

On 2/16/2021 at 3:43 PM, dmdiver said:

I received my FCC in my account yesterday, but I did not get a 10% coupon for my Alaska cancellation in May. They usually show a line that says 10% off.