Covid test needed to enter another country

Mrs Peel

My husband and I put a hold on a cruise in Sept out of Copenhagen to the Baltic.  You can not enter Denmark without a negative COVID test within 3 days of entry.  AND you cannot get back into the US without the same thing.  They don't include vaccinations as an opt out.  So how do we get a COVID test when we are on a cruise ship in the Baltic?  I am sure that the airlines and CDC have not caught up with these rules.  We called NCL and they have no information on this.  I think we are going to cancel our hold.Does anyone know anything about this?

This was posted on the celebrity board. It was an account from a MSC cruiser. It sounds like they got tested for Covid multiple times on their cruise so you may be able to get a test 3 days from departure on the cruise. But agree that it’s way to soon to predict what could happen in September.

For travel within Europe (EU) there will most likely be required EITHER a valid vaccination "passport" OR a covid-19 test taken within the last XX hours. 

https://www.dw.com/en/coronavirus-eu-leaders-consider-vaccine-passports/a-56682684

For travel from OUTSIDE EU, there may still be a "travel ban" for other nationalities to enter an EU country in September 2021 - but all replies in that regard will just be speculations at this point, as none of us know...

Here is a link to a website that gives detailed information regarding current covid-19 requirements for most countries in the world, and this website gets updated whenever there are changes:

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/world.php?fbclid=IwAR1e_N11IKk4uVHJ-45U9KtTrg_MXl6GJnvEczCqv2RWvAkiHdzUeOKn34M

Edited by TrumpyNor
  • Like 1

We had b2b on MSC there in June.  I think we had 9 countries involved.  We cancelled this week.

Escape Baltics 6 countries as an example.  Think those early summer at risk.  September, not sure.  Watch final payment date unless under one of the last minute cancel programs.

Covid testing is just another one of those things that we are going to get used to in the coming months.

I am tested at least weekly at work. When our son goes back to school next week he will also be regularly tested.

As stated above, as cruising restarts they will be testing, probably throughout the cruise.

There are also tests available at airports, again as mentioned above. There are also options where you can do the test yourself with monitoring by video before you head to the airport.

This has lots of potential to be annoying, and add an extra cost, but if anything it will allow more travel, rather than hindering it.

• Like 1

On 3/4/2021 at 10:01 AM, TrumpyNor said:

Here is a link to a website that gives detailed information regarding current covid-19 requirements for most countries in the world, and this website gets updated whenever there are changes:

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/world.php?fbclid=IwAR1e_N11IKk4uVHJ-45U9KtTrg_MXl6GJnvEczCqv2RWvAkiHdzUeOKn34M

Thanks for posting that useful tool.

• Like 1

Oceania is also not answering my concerns about this situation.  In January, I contacted them.  A few weeks ago, my TA did the same. The response was no response. Will let us know.  2 months later....still nothing.  After getting stuck at sea last March on a cruise that was not allowed into ports, I am not ready for another stuck at sea cruise. It was bad.  If no answer this week, we will cancel.  At this point, I am happier losing my fcc rather than getting stuck at sea.  Time perhaps to think of vacations closer to home.

I think the answer to all of this is mandatory vaccines both onboard and to enter countries as a visitor/vacationer.  That would fix all the requirements for having a negative test in my mind.

If you don't want a vaccine you don't HAVE to vacation, please keep that in mind.

Edited by oteixeira

we just returned from vacation in Cozumel.  It is necessary to have a negative test 72 hours or less prior to boarding an American aircraft.  Our hotel had a physician who came and did the testing several days a week.  Charge was $38/pp.  In our travel package with our TA the cost of testing was covered.

When we departed we noted that there was an advertisement in the airport for testing onsite.  I did not notice the price.