New indicator Vaccines Will Be Mandatory

marieps

35 minutes ago, nocl said:

In  the Caribbean I would be surprised if the countries put any more requirements on the cruise lines than they have for people flying into their country, as far as the ship deals with COVID.  Which pretty much would mean testing.  

Though there is probably some agreement for cases of sick passengers.  Kind of like the policies that some islands have if you develop COVID while on vacation and have to quarantine there.

An agreement with each port for evacuation of ill passengers was part of the original CDC guidelines.  Such agreements are normal to cover all manner of maladies from heart attacks to falls and are in place today in North America.  I do not know about all countries but know Argentina and even the Falklands have one in place.

4 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

An agreement with each port for evacuation of ill passengers was part of the original CDC guidelines.  Such agreements are normal to cover all manner of maladies from heart attacks to falls and are in place today in North America.  I do not know about all countries but know Argentina and even the Falklands have one in place.

The cruises I am referring to are the initial startups from St Martin and the Bahamas where the CDC requirements do not apply.

5 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

An agreement with each port for evacuation of ill passengers was part of the original CDC guidelines. 

Which Celebrity is trying to side step by changing to a non-US home port.

• Like 2

I still think vaccine availability for the crew is going to be a problem. Many of their home countries will lag behind and it would be a political bloodbath if the gov't provided a bunch of vaccines to a cruise line while high risk seniors still struggle for access.

54 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

I still think vaccine availability for the crew is going to be a problem. Many of their home countries will lag behind and it would be a political bloodbath if the gov't provided a bunch of vaccines to a cruise line while high risk seniors still struggle for access.

i think Royal Caribbean International is going to be smart about this and have their crew grouped the same as other service employees and as a company sponsor them receiving their shots here in the US.  Employers of personnel who in jobs ashore such as restaurant workers, hotel staff, etc..  I mean it's a multi-billion dollar industry, I am sure they will find a way to make it work. 

Just to make sure we all understand, but a post on this forum stating the COVID vaccine doesnt prevent catching COVID is very very wrong. As clearly stated by the CDC and many other actual expert websites and DR’s, the vaccine ‘teaches’ your immune system to fight the COVID virus, preventing you from contracting COVID estimated at up to 85% of those vaccinated 

And if a vaccinated person does contract COVID, the chance of getting ill is less than 5% probability. Which means yes, you can contract COVID after being vaccinated but a very low chance. And due to the multiple variances of COVID being propagated, there may be more chance of ‘getting COVID’, but the data still shows a very low percentage of those reacting and getting ill.

The reason to wear a mask is because those of us who are vaccinated can still be ‘carrying’ the virus, and because of variants that are around. We wear a mask to lower the chance of infecting others. You know, caring about our community. 

But the point is the vaccine Does greatly reduce the chance of getting COVID. Think about the wording and how virtual and bacterial diseases are spread. I mean, the virus may very well be ‘on’ you or ‘in’ you but is being successfully fought off by your immunity system. The virus doesn’t disappear. It’s around and that why we need to wear masks until we reach herd immunity and the great majority are vaccinated and the virus becomes much less prevelant. 

enough. Please actually read CDC facts and fiction and so on instead of posters telling us the vaccine doesn’t protect us from contracting COVID. Please remember, there are more bacteria in and on us then there are ‘us’, ie cells in our body. And viruses are very very common all over the place.

Den

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

I don't think any of the main posters here - or Celebrity - is assuming vaccines are 100% effective for COVID or anything else.

Testing is nearly complete for children 12-17.  That will sort that group.  Will be well into 2022 to get down to the much younger children.  I am willing to cruise with unvaccinated children - especially on X where there usually have been under 10 kids on board.

If you feel discriminated am sorry.  You have the right to cancel and receive a combo of refunds and FCC.  If a vaccine was available for under 18 am sure it would be required.  Cruiselines are simply doing the best possible protocols to avoid an outbreak on board.  Vaccine is #1.  Testing today a distant #2.

I agree with what you say.   I would easily cruise with a few unvaccinated children onboard as far as my health is concerned, since wife and self are vaccinated.

The concern is that if enough people get the virus during the cruise that it could wreck the cruise,

1 minute ago, TrulyBlonde said:

You must have been blonde previously.....that was funny

Thank you....we need to keep our humor even when we (at least me!) get all caught up in some thread. Nope, not a blonde, almost black. Like so many, both my daughters were blonde when young, then darkened as they got older....until they could then pick their color......and back to blonde!!

Den

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

You must have been blonde previously.....that was funny

TrulyBlonde - you are right in a way.......although I had black hair (and a great mustache!), my ‘hair’ is now much closer to blonde.....kind of. Very light blonde, or some would call white!

Den

1 minute ago, Denny01 said:

TrulyBlonde - you are right in a way.......although I had black hair (and a great mustache!), my ‘hair’ is now much closer to blonde.....kind of. Very light blonde, or some would call white!

Den

I have had my two vaccines and am excited to be heading to the hair salon on Weds.to darken my blonde. It keeps getting lighter too. LOL!