Worrying Answers From CDC Director on Conditional Sailing Order

Topdog52

On 3/23/2021 at 5:31 PM, mianmike said:

Besides our societal lack of empathy for those who have lost loved ones or are suffering from long-term covid I view this is an indictment of our education system.  You see so much closed-minded ignorance and anti-science from far too many people.  They can't comprehend exponential growth or the biology of virus mutations and how the subsequent variants can defeat vaccines or immunity.  If this pandemic has taught us anything is we need to refocus our attention to improving our schools.     

oh for Christ sake? stroking your ego much?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mianmike said:

There's some heavy-duty irony right there!  

covid is a enveloped single strand rna virus. it is not new, covid19 is itself a "mutation".

exponential growth is not a hard concept to grasp.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MSUjohn said:

Context, and the following of prior posts, is key to understanding the reason for most posts....mine was in response to a series of posts by others seemingly in denial about the disastrous COVID-19 picture in the US of A.

The UK picture is also disastrous, as many of my previous posts have highlighted! 😉

Edited by hamrag
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, AtlantaAlly said:

Nah, I was good- thankfully they banned smoking indoors! 

You're missing his point.  His point was that if you did not like the conditions at your work, you were free to get another job while the owner of the private establishment should have been free to run his business as he wished.

Me, me, me.

It's that sort of thinking that says it's great to get a pittance of a stimulus check when someone else (your children and/or grandchildren?) is paying for it.  Even Yahoo news understands this:

"...the five bills passed to provide relief, once one subtracts out loans that will be repaid, together added $5.3 trillion to the debt that you, dear reader, will have to pay back someday."  Tax-Brain estimates the costs for middle income American households at $27,000 each.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MoCruiseFan said:

Wow there is a LOT of fear mongering, hype, and assorted scare tactics going around about this virus. If it were even ½ as bad as the powers that be would have us believe it is, we would ALL be dead long ago.

Fear Mongering, Hype, assorted scare tactics. Lets not go there.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

WORLD / COUNTRIES / USA / MISSOURI
Last updated: March 27, 2021, 18:45 GMT

Missouri

Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:

Recovered:

United States

Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:

Recovered:

Edited by asctony

8 hours ago, MoCruiseFan said:

Wow there is a LOT of fear mongering, hype, and assorted scare tactics going around about this virus. If it were even ½ as bad as the powers that be would have us believe it is, we would ALL be dead long ago.

Who are the powers that would have us believe this? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Incognito1 said:

You're missing his point.  His point was that if you did not like the conditions at your work, you were free to get another job while the owner of the private establishment should have been free to run his business as he wished.

Me, me, me.

It's that sort of thinking that says it's great to get a pittance of a stimulus check when someone else (your children and/or grandchildren?) is paying for it.  Even Yahoo news understands this:

"...the five bills passed to provide relief, once one subtracts out loans that will be repaid, together added $5.3 trillion to the debt that you, dear reader, will have to pay back someday."  Tax-Brain estimates the costs for middle income American households at $27,000 each.

Oh, I didn’t miss it. So it’s about “me” when I try to work in an environment that doesn’t make me sick, but it’s not about “me” when he says that he can smoke wherever he wants? Ok just wanted to make sure I understood we were going with the double standard. 

Edit to add; oh and people can’t have business that allow drive through bars. There are laws to protect people. Owning a business doesn’t give anyone carte Blanche to do what they want inside the walls. 

Edited by AtlantaAlly
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Incognito1 said:

Me, me, me.

Wow- I know these posts go in rabbit holes about masks on board, mandatory vaccines, etc. but you’re going after the stimulus now. Interesting. I can’t fit my comments on that part of your post in this forum. But agreed, the debt added sucks, maybe there are some corporations who under pay employees that made a ton of money that could be taxed a bit better... As someone who didn’t get a check- I’m very thankful they were sent because I know people who needed them. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AtlantaAlly said:

Wow- I know these posts go in rabbit holes about masks on board, mandatory vaccines, etc. but you’re going after the stimulus now. Interesting. I can’t fit my comments on that part of your post in this forum. But agreed, the debt added sucks, maybe there are some corporations who under pay employees that made a ton of money that could be taxed a bit better... As someone who didn’t get a check- I’m very thankful they were sent because I know people who needed them. 

Perfect comment. But I will say we received the check and we are not in need. However I immediately stimulated the economy and hope it helped.

Can someone explain to me why the people who have no plans to cruise or refuse to take the vaccine and find fault with anyone who does not feel the same, are even on here posting. I get people are fearful ( i am not one of them) but get off the boards, and quit trying to justify the fact they dont want to cruise and let those if us that do can state our thoughts and hopes.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sugcarol said:

Can someone explain to me why the people who have no plans to cruise or refuse to take the vaccine and find fault with anyone who does not feel the same, are even on here posting. I get people are fearful ( i am not one of them) but get off the boards, and quit trying to justify the fact they dont want to cruise and let those if us that do can state our thoughts and hopes.

Pretty sure it has something to do with needing to have their preferences justified by having others agree. But yeah, we get it, if you don't want to cruise, fine, now scram.

• Like 2

On 3/29/2021 at 12:18 PM, sugcarol said:

It's binary thinking...I'm right therefore you're wrong facts be damned.  In this land of mine,  you are an (R) or a (D) and everything is now seen through that prism, period.  Now add to that a Covid true believer vs a denier, and there is no longer room for intelligent disagreement.  It simply isn't a binary world in my opinion, there are all kinds of layers at least in my little sphere.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, VtMac said:

It's binary thinking...I'm right therefore you're wrong facts be damned.  In this land of mine,  you are an (R) or a (D) and everything is now seen through that prism, period.  Now add to that a Covid true believer vs a denier, and there is no longer room for intelligent disagreement.  It simply isn't a binary world in my opinion, there are all kinds of layers at least in my little sphere.

Bingo!  I'm an independent.  I wear a mask but I don't care if somebody else doesn't.  I'm getting the vaccine (one done, one to go) but haven't been particularly worried about a plague that has a 99+% survival rate for all but the most vulnerable.  I guess that makes me one of your "layers."  😁

All that said, what I'm most interested in is when the heck they're going to let me start cruising again.  None of us even know if we're going to be alive in 2025.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, CaptainHazelwood said:

Bingo!  I'm an independent.  I wear a mask but I don't care if somebody else doesn't.  I'm getting the vaccine (one done, one to go) but haven't been particularly worried about a plague that has a 99+% survival rate for all but the most vulnerable.  I guess that makes me one of your "layers."  😁

All that said, what I'm most interested in is when the heck they're going to let me start cruising again.  None of us even know if we're going to be alive in 2025.

Yep, same here.  I've done all that is, and has been, asked of me.  I don't buy 99% of what I have read but it's no skin off my butt to wear the mask (the job requires it any way).  There are times when I truly believe there is one political party in this nation, not two, and those 500+ fools are doing a fine job profiting off the afore mentioned binary thinking.  I am scheduled for a stick on Monday, in my case I've been too young, too healthy, too rich, too skinny, and not essential enough until now.  Although I feel old, know my Doc better than I'd like, took a damn pay cut, gained 25 pandemic pounds, and have been hammering work time since this started lol.  But....January I'm heading to the Caribbean by sailing with NCL...or stealing the Gem...who's in?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, CaptainHazelwood said:

Spot on @CaptainHazelwood!

• Like 2

On 3/25/2021 at 3:23 AM, mianmike said:

Or talk to my niece, the contract traveling ICU nurse.  She's never seen anything like this virus.  

I know a few nurses and I have been told by some that this thing is way overblown. Heck a few of them were losing shifts because there was not enough patients.

• Like 3

On 3/27/2021 at 6:34 AM, MoCruiseFan said:

BINGO! They are using this virus as a way to control us and keep the power they have gained.

Edited by skywonder
  • Like 2