JULY cancellations

zoncom

Of course Oceania July cruises will be cancelled; as well as August, September, and October. Oceania signaled that, with Step 1, when they moved final payment dates to sixty days prior to cruising. Now you’re merely seeing the start of Step 2, waitlisting all ( or nearly all) categories for July. 

As I said, O is beginning to cancel July. Asked if I wanted FCC or cash. Waitlist is part of process. Last year  O cancelled 21 WC we, received $ in a month. Celebrity took 4 months .On July cruise they also offered choice.

28 minutes ago, zoncom said:

As I said, O is beginning to cancel July. Asked if I wanted FCC or cash. Waitlist is part of process. Last year  O cancelled 21 WC we, received $ in a month. Celebrity took 4 months .On July cruise they also offered choice.

How did they notify you?

4 hours ago, LHT28 said:

For all their ships ??? 😬

3 hours ago, Daniel A said:

I don't believe so.  I think Royal has also entered into an agreement with Bermuda to homeport a ship there as well.

Royal is homeporting Jewel of the Seas in Cyprus this summer and Vision of the Seas in Bermuda.

In addition Odyssey of the Seas will be homeporting in Haifa, Israel and Adventure of the Seas in Nassau, Bahamas.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daniel A said:

How did they notify you?

2 hours ago, zoncom said:

I called O agent Thurs.to notify them my  July 30 cruise mate just died. Female agent confided they were starting to cancel all July cruises and how did I want my deposit back.

Zoncom, I don't doubt that what the agent told you is likely to become true in the next two weeks or so, but they had no business saying that as it hasn't been announced . 

Even if the agent were 100% wrong you were going to get your deposit back as you cancelled before the final payment due date.

18 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

Zoncom, I don't doubt that what the agent told you is likely to become true in the next two weeks or so, but they had no business saying that as it hasn't been announced . 

Even if the agent were 100% wrong you were going to get your deposit back as you cancelled before the final payment due date.

Isn't the refund in the form of FCC if you cancel?

3 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I think normally Oceania has no penalty to cancel until less than 120 days (250 admin fee), 90 days, after final, there are percent penalties. It seems it is anything over 60 is now fully refundable.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

If the deposit was paid in cash and you're cancelling before the final payment due date (as was the case here) you get cash back. You get FCC only if it was paid by FCC.

24 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

If the deposit was paid in cash and you're cancelling before the final payment due date (as was the case here) you get cash back. You get FCC only if it was paid by FCC.

Thanks for the reply.  In my case though my TA also applies a cancellation fee if I cancel, so I just have to wait on O.

7 hours ago, LHT28 said:

For all their ships ??? 😬

Well, maybe this has changed by now, but about 8 hours ago, I checked all the July sailings and found a mixed bag.  Nautica (4 from Europe), Insignia (6 from NY), and Regatta (4 from Seattle) cruises were showing wait lists in every category on every cruise, Sirena (5 from Europe) had everything WL except for one category on one cruise.  Riviera's 2 cruises, both Europe, had a good number of categories available.  Marina's 3 cruises all had availability (Europe). So whether the computer programmers are still working through all the cruises, or something else is happening, who knows?

1 hour ago, WholeNewWorld said:

My August cruise is still open with cabins available --Northern Europe Quest, Sirena (Aug 6)

I'm next in line for an OS.  I've got my fingers & toes crossed it sails.  

I'm also on the ATW 2022-Im praying that sails.  

Yes - so far it is just the July departure cruises that went to all waitlisted....we are on the first portion of your cruise that begins in Copenhagen on the 27JUL (North Cape Jewels) and it went to all waitlisted on Saturday 😞

The other factor for cancelled Baltic cruises is four countries are locked down, five others require isolation to enter the country.  Chances of any Baltic cruise is next to nil unless you have no shore excursions. 

1 hour ago, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

Well, maybe this has changed by now, but about 8 hours ago, I checked all the July sailings and found a mixed bag.  Nautica (4 from Europe), Insignia (6 from NY), and Regatta (4 from Seattle) cruises were showing wait lists in every category on every cruise, Sirena (5 from Europe) had everything WL except for one category on one cruise.  Riviera's 2 cruises, both Europe, had a good number of categories available.  Marina's 3 cruises all had availability (Europe). So whether the computer programmers are still working through all the cruises, or something else is happening, who knows?

HUH?

19 minutes ago, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

I'm not sying I believe anything will go out in July.  But yesterday not everything had been canceled.

The post you quoted  by me  #28 was about  RCCL ships home porting  in Cyprus .. nothing to do with O cancellations

I have said for months there will not be cruising  this summer

I know it is hard to follow  the  replies but if you quote a post be sure to check what you are quoteing pertains to your reply

JMO

8 hours ago, LHT28 said:

The post you quoted  by me  #28 was about  RCCL ships home porting  in Cyprus .. nothing to do with O cancellations

I know it is hard to follow  the  replies but if you quote a post be sure to check what you are quoteing pertains to your reply

JMO

Oh, sorry!  Don't know how that happened.

On 3/29/2021 at 10:08 AM, LHT28 said:

JMO

Actually , Lynn, not true. Maybe for O but Celebrity And RCCL are sailing from the eastern Med starting in June.