Freedom moving to Miami

3 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

Nice! Where was it previously and where will Navigator be going? Simple swap?

I believe Freedom was out of San Juan a while back and then went in for reamplification last summer. Not sure what the future plans are. Will be interesting. 

8 minutes ago, Xkontour98 said:

I believe Freedom was out of San Juan a while back

We were originally book on Freedom out of San Juan for October of 2020, then lift and shifted to November 7 of 2021, then Freedom was replaced by Explorer but I don't remember the date of the change. 

25 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

Ah so Navigator going to CA early, makes sense. Where is Freedom coming from or was it always offering sailings out of Miami?

Freedom was already sailing from Miami.  Navigator was sailing out of FLL

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Xkontour98 said:

I believe Freedom was out of San Juan a while back and then went in for reamplification last summer. Not sure what the future plans are. Will be interesting. 

We sailed on her in May 2019 out of San Juan, Southern Caribbean itinerary. Had an amazing time 🤩

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

We were originally book on Freedom out of San Juan for October of 2020, then lift and shifted to November 7 of 2021, then Freedom was replaced by Explorer but I don't remember the date of the change. 

We were originally booked on Freedom out of San Juan for March 2022 then in October 2020 it was swapped out for Explorer....I was a bit disappointed...but in the end I'm ok with it. Got the same category (OS) similar location and a reduction in pricing.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Got the same category (OS) similar location and a reduction in pricing.

Same here. At this point I'd be happy on a tug boat just to get out in the Caribbean.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Xkontour98 said:

Why is that? Is there any significant difference between it and Navigator or Mariner? 

Some folks prefer the Voyager ships over Freedom due to less elevator crowding

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I wish Freedom would go back to FLL with 8 night itineraries.

I remember when Voyager Class started they were doing 7niter East/West Caribbean 3 Ports and 3 Sea Days flying high speed Port to Port. Love my Sea Days. Within year they started doing 4 Port and 2 Sea Days. All about $$$. Instead of speeding across Caribbean with all Engines on High ships now moved along slower, better MPG and then more money made on extra Ports. Me, I'd rather do 10,11,12+ niters but understand many more like(or only able to do) 7 or less. So see the higher capacity Freedom Class stuck on shorter 3-5 Niters.

Edited by ONECRUISER

Freedom class is nice, had planned a SJ trip on Freedom a couple of years back, never made it happen.   I too would love some longer voyages on these 3 sisters but to get a factor of 7 to work maybe 12/9 instead of 8/6.  Never say never, the new future of cruising could be just about anything....

4 hours ago, Xkontour98 said:

We just received notification that our January 2022 cruise on Navigator is being replaced with Freedom of the Seas. Excited to try a new ship!

We are booked on Freedom in January 2022. I'm looking forward to it! The videos I've seen show a beautiful ship. Looks like it only went out very briefly after it was amplified before the shutdown happened. We are trying the new JS cabins on deck 11, right off the solarium. Seems like a great location, and the rooms will be almost brand new when we (hopefully) sail.

I wonder if the move from Navigator to Freedom is why I'm seeing the suites as sold out on our Jan 3 cruise. There were plenty of them available this morning when I price checked. Are they locking sales of the suites to make sure everyone who has one on Navigator can be moved to a similar suite if they choose to make the switch?