Florida sues CDC, demanding cruise ships be allowed to sail immediately

10 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I've also seen no proof shut downs work. Or do you think numbers lie if they dont show what you want?

Go florida. I'm planning on being there in about a month.

TV is saying there has been a underhanded salacious attempt hoping florida fails. Sorry it didnt happen. People want covid to last forever. It fuels their negative narratives. 

I will ask you again my friend please provide us with a transparent and unedited detailed report when you get back from Florida. You may be surprised at what you see as "nonsense" and "total" disregard for safety. I of all people hope that we can cruise as soon as possible. My sun tan lotion is turning to cement. I really think people want to cruise as "safely" as possible and hopefully the masses will not tolerate anything less. 

Enjoy your time in the Sunshine State.     

Just now, BlerkOne said:

So far, with known mutations, perhaps. But for how long? As long as it spreads, it mutates.

So what is the end goal before cruises can sail again without 100% of the crew and passengers being vaccinated? Zero COVID cases in the whole world? Because if that's the goal, then the cruise lines might as well sell their ships for scrap now rather than bleed money until they go bankrupt.  

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, bafinegan said:

And you don't think those "vaccine passports" can't be faked.  All the vaccine cards have a unique serial number that is easly crosschecked.

They can be. That's why they tell idiots not to post pictures of their card online.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/thousands-reportedly-attempt-to-obtain-easily-forged-vaccinated-certificate/

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/rise-in-counterfeit-covid-19-vaccine-cards-causing-safety-concerns-301257784.html

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

So far, with known mutations, perhaps. But for how long? As long as it spreads, it mutates.

That is true of ALL viruses.  I for one do not plan on living in a plastic bubble inside my house and live "virtually".  I will use precautions and common sense and live.  As I nurse I have been around infections, both bacterial and viral for over 35 years.  I have used the appropriate protocols, gotten the appropriate vaccines and lived/loved my life.

Edited by bafinegan
clarification
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

So what is the end goal before cruises can sail again without 100% of the crew and passengers being vaccinated? Zero COVID cases in the whole world? Because if that's the goal, then the cruise lines might as well sell their ships for scrap now rather than bleed money until they go bankrupt.  

100% vaccinated with other mitigations including vetted shore excursions and regular testing would be a good start. The hard part is going to find shore based facilities that could have covid cases from a ship. There is light at the tunnel but we aren't at the finish line to paraphrase someone. This is no time to blow it.

7 minutes ago, jetsfan58 said:

I will ask you again my friend please provide us with a transparent and unedited detailed report when you get back from Florida. You may be surprised at what you see as "nonsense" and "total" disregard for safety. I of all people hope that we can cruise as soon as possible. My sun tan lotion is turning to cement. I really think people want to cruise as "safely" as possible and hopefully the masses will not tolerate anything less. 

I am in Florida and I ate at a Cracker barrel Saturday with no mask and no distancing. We are done with this virus. Let it do what it will, we are getting back to normal.  

Edited by asalligo
  • Like 12

1 minute ago, bafinegan said:

That is true of ALL viruses.  I for one do not plan on living in a plastic bubble inside my house and live "virtually".  I will use precautions and common sense and live.  As I nurse I have been around infections, both bacterial and viral for over 35 years.  I have used the appropriate protocols, gotten the appropriate vaccines and lived/loved my life.

Passengers on ships that are cruising now ARE in a bubble.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, jetsfan58 said:

Exactly. It's not about bashing anyone. This is more about common everyday sense. Many of the essential business "those businesses that we had no idea how they qualified" still have employees that have not been vaccinated. I really feel a heartfelt sadness for all of the fast food workers who are just now able to start getting vaccines. This type of move is insane. Those individuals are also risking their lives by dealing with hundreds of customers each day. The news reports shows that many States (Florida included) are not enforcing the mask wearing in some of these establishments. Where is the "Caring" in these types of mandates?

God bless us all as we eventually travel to Florida to Cruise.      

Risking our lives for an illness that has less than a 2% fatality rate?  I am assuming that you have an income source that flows freely and your household is completely self contained?  No need for you to call up a grocery or food delivery service or go to the grocery stores?  

• Like 5

In my opinion, the inconsistency of the CDC is what is causing the patience to be at everyone’s limit. They are highly inconsistent in the various travel and retails categories they cover and that is very evident to the mass public. To the average public, they want to know why you can fly 265 people inches apart on a domestic Boeing or Airbus but no to cruise, where there is vast outdoor areas and protocols developed. The CDC answer is the air is circulated 100s of times on a plane and not on a cruise. This type of non sensical bias is what has caused the public to loose its patience. 

i would like to have someone explain to me why we are allowed to sit INCHES apart from strangers on a flight but must social distance 6 feet apart everywhere else. Someone? Anyone??

• Like 8

I am disappointed in you people who claim to love cruising. I would take a free cruise on the Costa Concordia the night it sank just to be on the ship for one night. You people do not love cruising. It is just another vacation to you. Vaccines no Vaccines, I will bunk with Typhoid Mary  and drink Pepsi if you let me back on the ship.  

• Like 8

36 minutes ago, topaz123 said:

If the CDC was so " concerned" about safety...they would require all automobile drivers to wear crash helmets.

Sigh.  Again.  CDC: Centers for Disease Control.  NTSB and DOT would be the ones to mandate crash helmets.

Making snarky remarks might seem hilarious, but it just drags the thread closer to a lock.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Think about this all knowing truth. Your current passports that we all use to board and pre-board contains much more information than a Vaccine Passport could ever imagine. Why are we so paranoid about this document? It appear to be more concern about "Government" control than our Cruise or travel safety? If you still receive paper bank mailed statements then you are probably at a higher risk of identity theft than being somehow "Exposed" via a Medical Vaccine Records Document that can be verified electronically by the providing resource.    

I want my family and I to be safe while traveling to Florida or wherever to Cruise, waiting to board, actual boarding, off loading and re-boarding. Is this too much to ask?

• Like 2

Just now, SwordBlazer Cruising said:

In my opinion, the inconsistency of the CDC is what is causing the patience to be at everyone’s limit. They are highly inconsistent in the various travel and retails categories they cover and that is very evident to the mass public. To the average public, they want to know why you can fly 265 people inches apart on a domestic Boeing or Airbus but no to cruise, where there is vast outdoor areas and protocols developed. The CDC answer is the air is circulated 100s of times on a plane and not on a cruise. This type of non sensical bias is what has caused the public to loose its patience. 

i would like to have someone explain to me why we are allowed to sit INCHES apart from strangers on a flight but must social distance 6 feet apart everywhere else. Someone? Anyone??

There isn't one.  The excuse about better air circulation is just that- an excuse.  You sit 6 inches from someone and you will catch what ever they have- air filters be damned.  The excuse that cruising is non essential- well just say that to the thousands who depend on the cruise industry for their jobs.  

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, drew69 said:

Are you making the case for lockdowns? Because if so, you are amazingly wrong

....Locked-down California runs out of reasons for surprising surge - POLITICO

California has had some of the toughest restrictions in the country to combat the coronavirus, from a complete ban on restaurant dining to travel quarantines and indoor gym closures.

It hasn't been enough.

America's most populous state has become one of the nation's worst epicenters for the disease, setting new records for cases, hospitalizations and deaths almost every day.

Edited by pc_load_letter
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Sigh.  Again.  CDC: Centers for Disease Control.  NTSB and DOT would be the ones to mandate crash helmets.

Making snarky remarks might seem hilarious, but it just drags the thread closer to a lock.

Uh, what about road rage?

21 minutes ago, bafinegan said:

And you don't think those "vaccine passports" can't be faked.  All the vaccine cards have a unique serial number that is easly crosschecked.

Who is going to be crosschecking them?  No medical provider is going to be providing that service and no sane person wants the government to hold that kind of information.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, jetsfan58 said:

I have made four trips to Florida still last summer, still kicking.  FYI-Disney is doing just fine

• Like 3

The fact that the CDC maintains different standards for gangways vs. jetways show they are not being equitable. Heck, gangways have outdoor airflow and jetways very little. Seems jetways would have more restrictions, not the other way around!

• Like 7

Just now, Elaine5715 said:

Who is going to be crosschecking them?  No medical provider is going to be providing that service and no sane person wants the government to hold that kind of information.

They already are.  ALL prescription medications have unique serial numbers.  The intent is to be able to trace it in case they need to recall it.  Several times we have had to pull boxes of meds with certain serial numbers because there was a question about quality control.  It would be very easy to access those same serial numbered covid vaccines to ensure they are genuine.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, stobe1 said:

We are going to Vegas for a getaway this weekend.  We are doing the same thing. This nonsense has gone on long enough. Our governor in Illinois, Kim Jong Pritzker shut our state down last year and guess where he high tailed it to with his family so they wouldnt have to endure the shutdown that he imposed on his own state?? Florida.

I was also in Las Vegas over Thanksgiving.  Still alive.  Also got put on a United flight with every seat sold...still alive...

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, bafinegan said:

They already are.  ALL prescription medications have unique serial numbers.  The intent is to be able to trace it in case they need to recall it.  Several times we have had to pull boxes of meds with certain serial numbers because there was a question about quality control.  It would be very easy to access those same serial numbered covid vaccines to ensure they are genuine.

and justifies a Covid passport.

• Like 1

Just now, BlerkOne said:

It certainly does for last year in the US. Covid was in 3rd place. From 0 to 3rd overnight.

Not after they subtract the primary causes of death...   Two friends who passed...one with severe dementia, has not left his home in 7 years - a "record review" by the State classified his death as COVID without a test because his widow reported he wasn't eating much.  The other, young man with epilepsy who was being treated at house with COVID  had minor symptoms, but had a major seizure and passed.  Listed as COVID.  

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, stobe1 said:

We are going to Vegas for a getaway this weekend.  We are doing the same thing. This nonsense has gone on long enough. Our governor in Illinois, Kim Jong Pritzker shut our state down last year and guess where he high tailed it to with his family so they wouldnt have to endure the shutdown that he imposed on his own state?? Florida.

I fell your pain....now I know why our state is a #1 outflow....mostly headed to ( oh my) Florida.  Time to crawl out from under the bed....headed to Vegas ourselves.

• Like 1