Officers and crew on NCL ships 2021; "Where are They Now"

casofilia

18 hours ago, phillygwm said:

So maybe I'm just oblivious.

I travel about once a year (skipped 2020, obviously!) but if you asked me the name of any senior staff you'd get a blank stare from me.  Should I be acquainting myself with these people?

I've remembered the names of certain bartenders or blackjack dealers for a while, but then even those names fade from memory. My second cruise, on the Dawn, was exactly a year after my Epic cruise.  A blackjack dealer remembered me and I was floored (not sure if I made a good or bad first impression!)  Turns out she (Ukranian) and her husband (Romanian, who also remembered me) met on a ship, married, had a kid, and were on their last contract before settling in to raise their family.  But I didn't even remember them; they recognized me!

Some of us are "people people" or like to talk to those responsible for the operations. As a high level manager myself, I got to know the Breakway hotel manager after 5 sailings in a row in 5 years. I have his business card, and he said always contact him when I come on board.  I also get to know the entertainment manager as I have particular interests in that. I needed a favor once and got a front row reserved seat for Rock of Ages when I needed one.

@Carnac767

Maitre D' Harold Plunkett, from Ocho Rios, Jamaica.

We travelled from Vancouver to Miami with Harold and really enjoyed it; he was excellent.   His really interesting comment was one made on the Sunday at dinner on a 4 day round trip from Miami.   He was due to go for the day off on the Wednesday they arrived in Jamaica.   To put it politely, he wasn't, he wasn't impressed with the weekend cruise and ............. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lauren Spray said:

Does anyone know if (GM) Armando Da Silva is still with NCL?  I have cruised with him for over 20 years.  I think he is a lovely man!

I asked about him on one of our recent cruises and was told he lived in Barcelona and only did cruises from there.  That was two or three years ago, and I don't know if he's still with NCL.  I hope so because he is a terrific Hotel Director.

1 hour ago, Travel Junkie Judy said:

Someone asked about Hal Broome.  He retired at the beginning of the pandemic and is now living in Barbados, his home.  He was the nicest, kindest man ever....and he loved to dance.  We will miss him.

Judy

Thanks so much.  That is nice to know, and we hope that he is having a pleasant retirement.

We LOVED our stay on Barbados.

We sometimes use cruise visits to scope out some hotels/resorts for future visits, and Barbados was one of the places we did indeed return to for a land-based vacation.  That water is AMAZING!

Hopefully, we'll get back there someday. 🙂

Thanks again,

GC

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Carnac767 said:

I asked about him on one of our recent cruises and was told he lived in Barcelona and only did cruises from there.  That was two or three years ago, and I don't know if he's still with NCL.  I hope so because he is a terrific Hotel Director.

Well, hope to be in Barcelona in May after a trans-Atlantic cruise.  I wish I knew how to contact him.  We invited him to our home in Puerto Vallarta if he had any time off.  He treated us royally.  Even if he didn't, he is still a lovely man.

40 minutes ago, casofilia said:

We were comped a suite a number of years ago and had Hanno, got on really well with him.

We had Hanno as our concierge, either on Escape or Getaway . . . I can't remember which . . . and he was really good.  And crazy tall.  I wonder how many times a day he bangs his head.  I think he said he's 6'9".

@Lauren Spray

I forgot to say that we last cruised with Armando in 2019.  I think it was on the Spirit...or was it on the Star.

Hello Lauri

My guess would be the Spirit.   

No one who was on the Spirit voyage from Dubai to Cape Town March 2021 will ever forget the names Teo Radun (Captain);  Armando da Silva (General Manager) and Alvin Oliva (Cruise Director).

Mike

3 hours ago, FLcruisergrl said:

Anyone know where Hanno Meyer is? Also Gian or Rodwin? Gian was our concierge on the Sun and Rodwin was our butler. Curious if any of them have re-joined the fleet.

Hanno is Concierge on the Bliss for its return to sailing the end of this month. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FlGoodShips said:

Anyone have a current list of crew/officers on the Encore??

Thank you.

We were on the 9/11 and 9/18 Encore voyages, so some of these may have changed since then.

Captain - Martin Holmqvist

Staff Captain - Simone Croci

Chief Engineer - Rino Belan (first week), Marijan Pleslic (second week)

General Manager - Marc Spijkerboer

Asst GM - Jocel Guzman

F&B Director - Charles Fernandes

Asst F&B Dir - Lale Becu

Cruise Director - Yanique Smith (first week), Silas Cook (second week)

Executive Housekeeper - Ferdinand Fandialan

Restaurant Manager - Elena Cornea

Executive Chef - Praveen Mathias

Beverage Manager - Kiran Aguiar

Guest Service Manager - Rashida Ramos

Haven Concierge - Adrian Bica

5 hours ago, cruiservictor said:

We were on the 9/11 and 9/18 Encore voyages, so some of these may have changed since then.

Captain - Martin Holmqvist

Staff Captain - Simone Croci

Chief Engineer - Rino Belan (first week), Marijan Pleslic (second week)

General Manager - Marc Spijkerboer

Asst GM - Jocel Guzman

F&B Director - Charles Fernandes

Asst F&B Dir - Lale Becu

Cruise Director - Yanique Smith (first week), Silas Cook (second week)

Executive Housekeeper - Ferdinand Fandialan

Restaurant Manager - Elena Cornea

Executive Chef - Praveen Mathias

Beverage Manager - Kiran Aguiar

Guest Service Manager - Rashida Ramos

Haven Concierge - Adrian Bica

Niklas Persson recently returned as Captain

10 hours ago, casofilia said:

@Lauren Spray

I forgot to say that we last cruised with Armando in 2019.  I think it was on the Spirit...or was it on the Star.

Hello Lauri

My guess would be the Spirit.   

No one who was on the Spirit voyage from Dubai to Cape Town March 2021 will ever forget the names Teo Radun (Captain);  Armando da Silva (General Manager) and Alvin Oliva (Cruise Director).

Mike

Hi Mike,

You are being a gentleman.  I think there is a lot you are not saying about this Spirit cruise.  Am I right?

Lauri

Edited by Lauren Spray

On 10/6/2021 at 9:45 PM, casofilia said:

Various roll-call posts say that Alvin Oliva is now on the Breakaway.

But did you really mean March 2021?

Edited by kochleffel

On 10/5/2021 at 11:28 PM, GeezerCouple said:

Does anyone know if Hal Broome (sp?) is still with NCL?

He was the Executive Housekeeper on one sailing of ours a few years ago, and he was a huge help with a significant problem (nothing that NCL did "wrong" - it was a very serious medical/allergy situation).

We did get to see him on another ship about 2-3 years later, which was very nice.

Thanks.

GC

We got off of The Getaway a couple of days ago.

These were the officers as of October 4th:

GM                       Mario Markovic    very friendly and nice

Asst GM              Nenad Maric

F & B                   David Pikic

CD                       Jeffrey Hernandez

Exec HK             Jose Omier

GS Mgr               Irma Reyes

Exec Chef           Alok Kumar

BM                       Dindo Ramos

RM                      Jenna Felix

Cr Nxt                 Paloma Pelaez

We had a great time and enjoyed the Officers and crew.

Judy

On 10/7/2021 at 12:46 AM, cruiservictor said:

Silas Cook

So happy to see Silas is back on the seas!  He was the CD on my first NCL cruise on the Bliss and I thought he was good.

I have others I'm curious if they have made it back to ships but they don't rise to the level of even CD, they're part of the entertainment staff...