Bermuda Escape Cruises - insights, information, and more just on Bermuda

CCWineLover

CCWineLover,

Thank you so much  for your post and a copy of the Daily. It is so helpful for those of us who will be there in July.  Good to know that Bermuda is more organized at airport on Tuesdays. 

Noticed in Daily that tea time is now 3-5   in Wintergarden, probably  due to social distancing, they added a hour. 

How many passengers are on board? 

You  description of eating  al fresco  from the World Cafe overlooking Hamilton is why  one is ready to  jump through the hoops to get on the Orion and have a wonderful week curse exploring the island of Bermuda. 

Enjoy and  again thank you for taking time out of your cruise to post  !  

Patti

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/28/2021 at 1:56 PM, WanderingBrit said:

For those now/recently on Orion - does the rechargeable audio unit provided for tours accept a standard mini headphone/ear bud connector?

Yes.

I’ve used my own on multiple Viking cruises.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CCWineLover said:

Easy ride to the ship - you come around a corner and suddenly there it is in Hamilton.  Quick processing on then onboard.  Muster talk (for us in Star Theatre) to about 8 people at a time.  Saliva test.  and then up to Explorer's Lounge by 5:45 PM !!  

We're so glad you made it through the gauntlet and are onboard!

Hi everyone 🤩

My husband and I were on the June 22nd Bermuda cruise and had a fabulous time! 

Before we left for our trip we were very anxious and had a lot of trouble with our travel authorization. We learned a lot of helpful information from this forum and appreciate the knowledge and experiences passed down by everyone ahead of us. 

Once we landed though, Bermuda was amazing and Viking was incredible! We felt very safe and were able to relax and have a great time. The boat was fabulous and we met lovely, kind people happy to be traveling like we were. We also spent a few days before the cruise at the Hamilton Princess which was spectacular too - definitely walk down there (5 - 10 minute walk from the boat) and have a Dark & Stormy at the bar! 

Happy cruising 🏝💖🇧🇲

• Like 4

We had our first Dark and Stormy on board the Hideaways Excursion this afternoon.  Quite good!  FYI - that excursion cruise was one of the best included tours we have had with Viking!  Outstanding!

Chef's Table has 3 menus:  2 nights-Asian  3 nights-Mexican  2 nights-California

We had no problem additional reservations today on board so that we could go to all 3 menus.

Seafood Buffet tonight at 6:00 PM on fantail/WC.

Orion, like Jupiter, has the Omelette window by aquavit bar.  Also for Chinese Noodles and other things.

• Like 3

Thank you CC for taking time to let us know how things are going!  We are getting ready for our trip next week and are glad to hear that you enjoyed the Homes & Hideaways excursion.  Looking forward to a Dark and Stormy!  Enjoy the rest of the week!

1 hour ago, bluesea777 said:

Orion just sailed by from Hamilton to Grassy Bay before sailing out to sea …. The early evening sun shone so brightly on the ship …

FF7FF096-F235-4180-9FFB-EA355B4EEE8B.jpeg

C900D139-4022-41BF-950A-8B67E9C730CF.jpeg

Thank you for the great pictures. You do live in paradise from this view of the water. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am so sorry to do this all, but our Crystal Cruise was just canceled suddenly and we needed to scramble to find a replacement and just quickly booked what appeared to be the last cabin on the august 3rd sailing.

To avoid reading 67 pages of this thread, would someone mind directing me to the procedures for embarkation and testing we need to know? Can I fly in same day or do we need to come a day early? 

thank you all in advance.

2 minutes ago, doggfan7 said:

I am so sorry to do this all, but our Crystal Cruise was just canceled suddenly and we needed to scramble to find a replacement and just quickly booked what appeared to be the last cabin on the august 3rd sailing.

To avoid reading 67 pages of this thread, would someone mind directing me to the procedures for embarkation and testing we need to know? Can I fly in same day or do we need to come a day early? 

thank you all in advance.

Sure-

https://docs.vikingcruises.com/pdf/14-210624-RestartPreCruiseRequirement-Bermuda-US.pdf

You'll find a link to this through "Pre Cruise Embarkation requirements" in My Viking Journey

Note that Bermuda requires a PCR test, not a rapid antigen test. We fly in on August 3rd.

See you on board 🙂

Kevin

Report from Orion ...  sea day today and an absolutely beautiful day!  So wonderful to see the ocean passing by out the cabin slider.  
the Captain is giving us a real cruise as we’ve gone quite a ways W and a bit south of Bermuda.  Cruising about 10 knots in calm seas.  Perhaps he’s taken us to the area with the good weather and seas!   Caribbean lunch on the fantail today (world cafe).  Everyone in such a good mood!  This makes all those hoops worthwhile.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CCWineLover said:

Report from Orion ...  sea day today and an absolutely beautiful day!  So wonderful to see the ocean passing by out the cabin slider.  
the Captain is giving us a real cruise as we’ve gone quite a ways W and a bit south of Bermuda.  Cruising about 10 knots in calm seas.  Perhaps he’s taken us to the area with the good weather and seas!   Caribbean lunch on the fantail today (world cafe).  Everyone in such a good mood!  This makes all those hoops worthwhile.  

Possibly a circuitous route avoiding the Bermuda Triangle. 😁😁😁 Haha, sorry couldn't resist that one.

Enjoy the lunch and smooth sailing. Wishing we were there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CCWineLover said:

Great to know! You're circling clockwise now enroute to Murray's Anchorage. After 2 days there you set sail counter-clockwise. This is what the June 22-29 cruise did. 

Enjoy the rest of cruise!

• Like 2

The Viking list of documents needed include a Bermuda Health Authorization Form (

At the Airport
Your documents will be reviewed at various checkpoints in the arrival terminal. You will need documents as follows:

• Document Check and Travel Authorization
    • Bermuda Health Authorization Form
    • Proof of FDA/WHO authorized COVID-19 vaccine
    • Negative COVID-19 Test Results

This the only place I can find a reference to this form.  For those who have completed the cruise, what is it and when or how will we receive it or is it something that we do not need.  They do mention the Travel Authorization form by name so I assume this is different.

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Mav&Rowdy said:

The Viking list of documents needed include a Bermuda Health Authorization Form (

At the Airport
Your documents will be reviewed at various checkpoints in the arrival terminal. You will need documents as follows:

• Document Check and Travel Authorization
    • Bermuda Health Authorization Form
    • Proof of FDA/WHO authorized COVID-19 vaccine
    • Negative COVID-19 Test Results

This the only place I can find a reference to this form.  For those who have completed the cruise, what is it and when or how will we receive it or is it something that we do not need.  They do mention the Travel Authorization form by name so I assume this is different.

Thanks.

Our experience was that you might as well keep your passport, boarding pass, and Authorization form out all the way through the process.  They must have looked at those every step of the way, including boarding pass.  Certainly the authorization form (with the green banner) was used at every station.

Strangely, we NEVER were asked to show the COVID-19 Vaccine proof or negative Test Results (because perhaps they were both uploaded in order to get the authorization form??).

14 minutes ago, Mav&Rowdy said:

Thank you for that information.  I guess then that it is not some additional form that needs be obtained before arrival. 

See post #1637 - and click on the link. You'll find info there about what's needed.

9 minutes ago, Mav&Rowdy said:

Thank you for that information.  I guess then that it is not some additional form that needs be obtained before arrival. 

The Bermuda Authorization form comes from approval of the Government via email upon their review of your submitted form on line (in which you must carefully feel every question out successfully and upload the COVID test results and the vaccination proof).  This is the form that the many people have had a hard time getting due to errors and delays in the Government review/processing.

Note - we brought so much paper just in case - all forms, proofs, airlines docs, Viking docs, and more.  Certainly if we didn't have them with us, they would have asked for them - Murphy's Law I believe.  It's just that magical green document (as well as the actual airline boarding pass with your specific seat number) that were key (as well as the obvious passport).

You can go to the Authorization form submission website (published by Viking and also people on this site have posted it) and pretend to fill out a submission (which for real can only be done 1-3 days from arrival and with the correct documentation).  That at least will show you the types of questions you'll be asked - and make sure to fill everything in, even the "Not Applicable" ones.

• Thanks 1