Bermuda Escape Cruises - insights, information, and more just on Bermuda

CCWineLover

1 hour ago, Azulann said:

Gramfrog, 

It sounds like a better fit for your group.

I remember you on the our first sailing on the Viking Sea, Puerto Rico to Barcelona Transatlantic.That was such a great cruise and a fab roll call, with two meet and greets!

You gave me your card... I should have called you to book my Bermuda cruise. But I did this all in 24 hrs, once I got the email from Viking. The July 13 saling was the only week my sister could go. She is still teaching summer school.

My former  roommate Louise is on the Iceland cruise  July 3 withher husband and friends of ours.   They  is really excited in spite of the bumps in the road since they booked. 

Enjoy your new cruise in late August. maybe we will nmeet again on a Viking ship.

Patti

Azulann We met you on the transatlantic cruise.

Edited by Britcnm
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Britcnm said:

Azulann We met you on the transatlantic cruise.

Brticnm, 

Yes, that sailing sold me on Viking.  That cruise had its bumps too. Trying to get reservations in PR after the hurricane. for pre cruise stay. Lots of places were closed for the season because of damage. 

Wish I could see your picture and  remember your name. evryone was so friendly and lots of good conversations and humor.

So you are  doing the Bermuda Escape too!!!!

Fond memories of those 6 sea days in a row , and celebrating Easter on the top deck with a service conducted by the Episcopal woman priest! 

2 hours ago, Azulann said:

Brticnm, 

Yes, that sailing sold me on Viking.  That cruise had its bumps too. Trying to get reservations in PR after the hurricane. for pre cruise stay. Lots of places were closed for the season because of damage. 

Wish I could see your picture and  remember your name. evryone was so friendly and lots of good conversations and humor.

So you are  doing the Bermuda Escape too!!!!

Fond memories of those 6 sea days in a row , and celebrating Easter on the top deck with a service conducted by the Episcopal woman priest! 

Yes we go on July 20 with Arlene and Ralph. I was the red haired Brit married to the American lol

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Britcnm said:

Yes we go on July 20 with Arlene and Ralph. I was the red haired Brit married to the American lol

Actually the "Trophy Wife" married to the American!!! LOL!!  Hope this Viking cruise is as much fun as the one we did from San Juan to Barcelona with you and Mike.

Arlene & Ralph

• Like 1

On 5/24/2021 at 5:05 PM, Stempy said:

I read half full cruise on this website.

I was told by a Viking Rep that it is sailing full.  Will be interesting to see when we get on July 20th.  I really don't think the Reps know.  I bet it is full. 

15 hours ago, aussie1944 said:

Actually the "Trophy Wife" married to the American!!! LOL!!  Hope this Viking cruise is as much fun as the one we did from San Juan to Barcelona with you and Mike.

Arlene & Ralph

Now that is funny

Looks like the dome above the Explorers Lounge is still there - meaning the Planetarium might not have been removed.  Arggg!!!  That would be too bad.  Waste of a good lounge space on 8th floor!

beautiful view and such nice azure water!!!  Can’t wait!

Just now, CCWineLover said:

Looks like the dome above the Explorers Lounge is still there - meaning the Planetarium might not have been removed.  Arggg!!!  That would be too bad.  Waste of a good lounge space on 8th floor!

Interior pictures appear to show no planetarium. 

1 hour ago, bluesea777 said:

From our place across the Great Sound to the Dockyard …

bluesea777,

I'd like to very unselfishly offer my services to house sit whenever you need a break from that view.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Well, my list of questions to Viking are still not answered.  Have had four rounds of phone tag.  On this last round I left a message for them to please answer the questions by email, since we can’t seem to sync up on the phone (they last called when I was in the shower...).  In my phone message I added a question about the Bermudian official that said if Viking found three or more positive covid cases on board that they would consider the whole ship as positive.   Does this mean 14 free sea days with run of the ship and open bar, or 14 days in a run-down motel room next to a chicken farm?

Reminder, here are the original questions:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2777052-bermuda-escape-cruises-insights-information-and-more-just-on-bermuda/?do=findComment&comment=61134201

Edited by Ragnar Danneskjold
  • Like 1

Hmm. Since the ship will be doing repeated circuits of Bermuda, I wonder if, on a regular schedule, they may provision most of the stores for the following week on Day 6 in the Dockyard, and just load/unload luggage and assorted odds and ends on turnaround day in Hamilton.

The scheduling limits for a Bermuda Travel Authorization have confused me a bit, so I decided to start an application and see if I can learn the details. I clipped this fragment from the BTA application page on May 27th 2021:

image.png.e0ead45a6ae6a9dcea0999675d302984.png

It clearly shows I can apply the day prior to arrival, and for two days prior to that. It also indicates I cannot apply on the day of arrival, or more than three days in advance. Of course that is for today, and may change before our 20 July cruise...

Now my only worry is where to get the proper test and receive the results over the weekend.

Edited by What was that?
Added link

On 5/24/2021 at 6:03 PM, Stempy said:

Anyone flying Jet Blue out of Boston for the June 15th cruise?

Plan on going to CVS drive thru Friday morning in hopes that PCR results come in Saturday to apply for Authorization Form on Sunday.

If there is a better testing plan out there please let me know. Am open to anything with a better timeframe.Thanks.

I am on the6/29 cruise and also are flying Jet Blue out of Boston  Let me kow how you make out

54 minutes ago, What was that? said:

The scheduling limits for a Bermuda Travel Authorization have confused me a bit, so I decided to start an application and see if I can learn the details. I clipped this fragment from the BTA application page on May 27th 2021:

image.png.e0ead45a6ae6a9dcea0999675d302984.png

It clearly shows I can apply the day prior to arrival, and for two days prior to that. It also indicates I cannot apply on the day of arrival, or more than three days in advance. Of course that is for today, and may change before our 20 July cruise...

Now my only worry is where to get the proper test and receive the results over the weekend.

Glad to see that I'm not the only one who tried this😉

5 hours ago, CCWineLover said:

Having only sailed on the Sun, I haven't seen the dome, so don't know the structural implications. However, the planetarium removal is something that could be performed by the ship's crew, but removal of the dome could require a scope of work beyond the ability of the crew.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, What was that? said:

Is this with a local lab, or what?

The virtual interview was with Summit Urgent Care and they arranged the callback for the appointment with solvheath. Summit Urgent care has a drive thru location setup for the test. Rick did the research and I followed instructions😍. Maybe he can tell you more when he posts

• Thanks 1

Useful Test Response from Bermuda:

I emailed the Bermuda Corona Virus Hotline with a copy of my test results (attached) from the Abbott ID NOW test at Walgreens, and asked if this would be accepted by Bermuda for a BTA. Response was:

"The only thing wrong with this result is that it’s not a PCR result. Apart from that, the format is fine."

So, if anyone is harboring hope that this test will be accepted by Bermuda under the current rules, I would say to forget about it.

Walgreens Test Result for Hawaii.jpg

41 minutes ago, MRGACRUZR said:

I googled Solvhealth, Reno and came up with a bunch of clinics. This one may be worth a call. All of them seemed a tad evasive as to what kind of test they were doing. 

https://www.solvhealth.com/walgreens-healthcare-clinic-reno-nv-0P8J30

The problem with Walgreens is their "rapid" covid test is the ID NOw test- technically not an actual PCR test.  The results won't say PCR so I don't think Bermuda will accept it.

Edited by bafinegan
spelling