Celebrity Beyond online reveal on April 28, 2021

mikkelhansen

I received this e-mail from Celebrity last Friday. I live in Denmark, and I didn't see any threads about this, so it may have been a local European/Scandinavian promotion e-mail. I have already signed up for the reveal event next Wednesday at 6pm CEST (12pm EDT), followed by a "Loyalty Q&A" at 8:30pm CEST.

If possible, I will post the Youtube video link after the reveal, for anyone interested.

We’re going to change the way travellers experience the world—again. So, you won’t want to miss this sneak peek at Celebrity Beyond, the next ship in our award-winning Edge® Series.

On Wednesday, 28 April, tune in to the Celebrity Cruises YouTube channel for the Celebrity Beyond Reveal. Join President and CEO of Celebrity Cruises, Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, along with the world-renowned designers and partners who helped us create a revolutionary ship with even more space to lose yourself in and more luxury to love. An exclusive loyalty Q&A with Lisa Lutoff-Perlo and team will follow.

We look forward to seeing you there.

The Reveal
DATE: Wednesday 28 April 2021
TIME: 6:00 pm CEST

Loyalty Q&A
DATE: Wednesday 28 April 2021
TIME: 8:30 pm CEST

cel1.thumb.jpg.a32bf0501c66ec22036ba7850ec3f666.jpg

cel2.jpg.3acbf278aa3928eb64d56732be56e42d.jpg

The video linked at the top is a very short and very low-quality teaser:

Edited by mikkelhansen
  • Like 3

On 4/19/2021 at 5:36 PM, mikkelhansen said:

I received this e-mail from Celebrity last Friday. I live in Denmark, and I didn't see any threads about this, so it may have been a local European/Scandinavian promotion e-mail. I have already signed up for the reveal event next Wednesday at 6pm CEST (12pm EDT), followed by a "Loyalty Q&A" at 8:30pm CEST.

If possible, I will post the Youtube video link after the reveal, for anyone interested.

Not only local to you. I recieved it on April 8 and registered. In our time zone it is 12:00 EDT,  April 28. 

No one has even sailed on APEX, seeing what they have on Beyond will be very interesting. 

Will it be larger? Less sunny  and windy up top?  More balc cabins? More expensive..?

• Like 1

On 4/22/2021 at 2:21 PM, hcat said:

No one has even sailed on APEX, seeing what they have on Beyond will be very interesting. 

Will it be larger? Less sunny  and windy up top?  More balc cabins? More expensive..?

In a non-pandemic scenario Celebrity would at this point have had one year's worth of feedback from Apex, but now they have literally zero, at least from passengers. I wonder if that will impact which changes/enhancements will be on Beyond, compared to the original timeline with 2 years' feedback from Edge and one year from Apex; in other words, will Beyond now be "closer" to Apex than originally expected?

3 hours ago, mikkelhansen said:

In a non-pandemic scenario Celebrity would at this point have had one year's worth of feedback from Apex, but now they have literally zero, at least from passengers. I wonder if that will impact which changes/enhancements will be on Beyond, compared to the original timeline with 2 years' feedback from Edge and one year from Apex; in other words, will Beyond now be "closer" to Apex than originally expected?

Good point.

I haven't researched this - but generally, does anybody know of any specific feedback from Edge that was incorporated into changes with Apex (ie did X listen?)?

44 minutes ago, Shadow9612 said:

Good point.

I haven't researched this - but generally, does anybody know of any specific feedback from Edge that was incorporated into changes with Apex (ie did X listen?)?

I'm sure there are many, but most of the excessive wind complaints were addressed with additional glass walls and some areas like the sunset bar have more shade than Edge based on the photos available. 

• Thanks 1

Some of the other points of concern were enlarging the Martini Bar to have more seating. 

Some additional cocktail bars (I always thought the area on Deck 5 adjacent to Blu that's currently a

Store would be a perfect spot for a bar).

I would like to see changes made to the Spa. Currently the outdoor deck on Deck14 that's accessible only from the Spa is wasted space.There's no chairs or loungers. That's a perfect spot for a whirlpool hottub, loungers so that Spa patrons have more space to utilize. 

Most of the other complaints all revolve around sun and wind exposure on Deck 15 and sound issues

in the Grand Plaza areas. People also have issues with finding Shady spots to sit on the main pool Deck but that wasn't an issue for me the two times I was on the Edge. Other issues that generate are more about programming, or the lack thereof. Those can be resolved by the Cruise Director and have nothing to do with the physical structure and design of the ship.

The main complaint regarding the Infinite Verandas seems more problematic. They seem to imply the

basic ship design was changed to accommodate the Infinite Veranda design. What is unknown is whether more traditional balconies can be installed. 

6 hours ago, kwokpot said:The main complaint regarding the Infinite Verandas seems more problematic. They seem to imply the

basic ship design was changed to accommodate the Infinite Veranda design. What is unknown is whether more traditional balconies can be installed. 

Beyond is supposed to be larger but I haven’t seen any official cabin counts. There are definitely no major changes to the amount of Infinite Verandas though. It’s mostly IV’s with suites and SV’s having the traditional balcony. 

On 4/20/2021 at 8:22 PM, Shadow9612 said:

I'm excited to see the reveal.  

Does anybody have any speculation or inside information on what to expect as far as changes from Edge or Apex?

Unfortunately, the person most credited with "E" cruises and information, vtcruising, passed away some time ago.  Every time I see a question relating to this specific ships, I think of Marilyn.  She shared so much beneficial and detailed information with her extensive research.  Your question sparked another memory of her.

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 6

8 hours ago, Lastdance said:

Unfortunately, the person most credited with "E" cruises and information, vtcruising, passed away some time ago.  Every time I see a question relating to this specific ships, I think of Marilyn.  She shared so much beneficial and detailed information with her extensive research.  Your question sparked another memory of her.

Although I never met her, I very much enjoyed and appreciated her contributions here on cc. 🙏

Thank you for remembering Marilyn.  Vt cruiser

She would have been a great resource getting us through Covid crisis and helping us re group for APEX qnd BEYOND,   I think of her often.

• Like 2

On 4/24/2021 at 11:23 AM, kwokpot said:

Some of the other points of concern were enlarging the Martini Bar to have more seating. 

Some additional cocktail bars (I always thought the area on Deck 5 adjacent to Blu that's currently a

Store would be a perfect spot for a bar).

I would like to see changes made to the Spa. Currently the outdoor deck on Deck14 that's accessible only from the Spa is wasted space.There's no chairs or loungers. That's a perfect spot for a whirlpool hottub, loungers so that Spa patrons have more space to utilize. 

Most of the other complaints all revolve around sun and wind exposure on Deck 15 and sound issues

in the Grand Plaza areas. People also have issues with finding Shady spots to sit on the main pool Deck but that wasn't an issue for me the two times I was on the Edge. Other issues that generate are more about programming, or the lack thereof. Those can be resolved by the Cruise Director and have nothing to do with the physical structure and design of the ship.

The main complaint regarding the Infinite Verandas seems more problematic. They seem to imply the

Quick reveals:

*They moved the Martini Bar into the middle of the Grand Plaza,Yay!

*The Rooftop Garden has large, square umbrellas and wind baffles that engineered to manage the wind.

*Retreat Deck 40% Larger

*Sunset Bar vastly Enlarged 180% Larger, multi level space designed by Nate Berkus.

Edited by kwokpot