Celebrity Beyond online reveal on April 28, 2021

mikkelhansen

Just now, kwokpot said:

For those who disliked (And that's putting it mildly) the original design teams of the Edge and Apex, sorry to tell you THEY ARE THE SAME PEOPLE.

There will be plenty of naysayers but I think overall it really looks pretty impressive. I wasn't expecting as many changes as they implemented compared to Edge and Apex. The Sunset Bar setup looks fantastic. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

For those who disliked (And that's putting it mildly) the original design teams of the Edge and Apex, sorry to tell you THEY ARE THE SAME PEOPLE.

I for one absolutely LOVED Edge, every bit of it, very much looking forward to Apex 2x in 2022.  Beyond reveal blew me away, STUNNING!!!  As soon as they open up for bookings I am there!  

• Like 2

The Celebrity Beyond, the third Edge-class ship, will be longer and taller than the Edge and Apex, according to Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, president and CEO of Celebrity Cruises.

The ship, currently under construction at Chantiers de l'Atlantique, will launch in April 2022 on her first cruise in Europe before repositioning to Port Everglades in late October 2022. 

The maiden voyage will sail on April 27, 2022 from Southampton, England. It will be a10-night Western Europe cruise. She will then offer a variety of Mediterranean journeys including a nine-night Italian Riviera and France itineraries and 10-night Greek Isles itineraries through early October, when she then heads to the Caribbean at Port Everglades for the 2022-2023 cruise season. 

The ship will be 20 meters longer than her sisters, according to Royal Caribbean Group CEO Richard Fain.

“It’s important to talk about it as an expansion rather than a stretch,” said Fain.

The Edge class signature feature, the Magic Carpet, will also evolve for the Celebrity Beyond, according to company executives. 

45 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Thank goodness because they are amazing and innovative designers!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Thank goodness because they are amazing and innovative designers!

For me the aesthetics of wherever I'm staying matter greatly. I know two of my least favorite cruises were on ships that were just so visually unpleasant that yes, it detracted from my enjoyment. One was on the Carnival Splendor where the design motif consists of giant pink circles literally EVERYWHERE. 

The other cruise was on the  Star Princess before it's most recent drydock. The interiors were dark, worn, and it was such a depressing place to be. Our junior suite had a sagging couch and furniture that was all banged up. 

I'm not a snob when it comes to my vacations ( I'm scheduled on 3 Carnival cruises, 1 new ship and 2 B2B on an old ship) and in Europe I generally stay in 3* hotels but splurge when it comes to Resort type vacations. Plan and simple is fine too, but when things are old, worn and past its prime it doesn't put me in the Vacation frame of mind.

On the Edge I'll just walk around the ship and admire the beautiful Interior designs and appreciate the unique artwork. I remember my first Celebrity cruise on the Millenium in its first year of sailing and was just awestruck at that backlighted Central staircase surrounded by those billowing sheer curtains; simply stunning! 

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Looks  AMAZING....we might skip APEX  and  splurge to go BEYOND!

Actually we  would love to experience both..esp new Artwork.  Going to be pricey!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They fixed the pool cabanas like I had said they should've. Now they face in towards the pool. Another plus.

The Sunset Bar looks much, much better too. Feels like they took elements from Edge and S-Class and made it hopefully work this time.

Pool cabanas.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

Looks like Luminae will be at the very front of the ship based on the curved windows seen in the schematic. That reminds me of MSC's Yacht Club. That's a positive change.

Luminae.JPG

We thought the same thing. Check the deck plans. 😊

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Deck_Plans_Staterooms/CEL_BeyondDecks_2179.pdf

Edited by C-Dragons

2 hours ago, kwokpot said:

*The Rooftop Garden has large, square umbrellas and wind baffles that engineered to manage the wind.

Might they also provide shelter from the oil that has been known to fly from the stack onto unwitting guests below?  That happened to DW and our friends as they walked on the lower aisle below the garden.

19 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

Looks like Luminae will be at the very front of the ship based on the curved windows seen in the schematic. That reminds me of MSC's Yacht Club. That's a positive change.

Luminae.JPG

They moved it to Deck 16 and a new Deck 17 is the Retreat Sundeck.

I am very surprised to say that I am disappointed in what I see with the beyond. Some will remember that I am a huge fan of the Edge. What I find disappointing as a thrifty cruiser by choice, they didn't seem to enhance the areas that we use. We were really hoping for a forward facing view for the non suite guests, looks like that didn't happen.

Yes we could book a suite, but having done that level of service on another line we found it to be totally wasted money for us. We really didn't use or enjoy having that extra service level those rooms afforded us. 

So I guess we will have to wait and see what the pricing is to see if we do it. If we can get it for a similar price to the Edge and Apex I am sure we will try it, just bummed to see what we hoped would be in it isn't there. 

6 minutes ago, marieps said:

Might they also provide shelter from the oil that has been known to fly from the stack onto unwitting guests below?  That happened to DW and our friends as they walked on the lower aisle below the garden.

I was on the Inaugural Eastern Sailing which was the 2nd 7 day itinerary and the White seat cushions on the Rooftop Garden seats were ALREADY speckled with soot type stains. 

The deck plans are up on Celebrity's website so you can see all the changes. There's two new areas that haven't been revealed yet. Le Voyage Restaurant is an additional restaurant on Deck 4 adjacent to Le Grand Bistro.