Wind Spirit Tahiti - Clothing Question

Heartfelttraveler

We (2 couples) sail in approximately 5 1/2 months on the seven night Tahiti cruise.  We have sailed on many cruise lines including Windstar.

That being said, what is the appropriate clothing for dinner on the Wind Spirit in French Polynesia?

Women - Skirts and shift dresses?

Men - Long pants and polos?  Can they wear dress shorts and a nice stripped t-shirt?

For the Beach BBQ - do you wear a swim suit or beach cloths?

I am really hoping that the Wind Spirit cruises starting in July happen, and from then on are all healthy and successful.

• Like 1

I don't believe shorts are allowed except at the beach BBQ.  Otherwise what you suggest is fine.  If you are talking about the evening event, you won't need a bathing suit.  The daytime event happens while everyone is on the beach, and then yes, you'll want your bathing suit.  

Here's the dress code, from the Windstar website:

If you’re dining in Amphora, Stella Bistro, or Cuadro 44 by Anthony Sasso in the evening, slacks or non-distressed jeans are appropriate, paired with collared, button-down or polo shirts, or fashion tops or blouses. Skirts with nice tops, casual dresses and sundresses are also good choices. Dress shoes, nice sandals or stylish athletic casual shoes round out your evening wardrobe. Depending on your destination you may wish to pack shorts, hats, flip flops and t-shirts, but please reserve them for your daytime activities.

You can read the full FAQ at https://www.windstarcruises.com/voyage-plan/general-information/#DiningWithWindstar

• Like 1

Thanks for your replies.

For dinners, we (girls) will wear shifts and skirts and the guys will wear slacks and short sleeve shirts.

We will try to pack light because we are doing some island hopping pre cruise and a night in Tahiti post cruise.  We need to be able to wrangle the luggage for four, and also get it all into a small SUV rental.

We are keeping our fingers crossed that French Polynesia is successful in opening up to tourists next month, and that our trip in October goes as planned.

• Like 1

I wore slacks and Hawaiian shirts to dinner while my wife mixed and matched skirts and tops. Most in the restaurant were dressed the same.

As an option, there is a luggage storage place at the Papeete airport. When we went, we left a suitcase there for a couple of days while we did so pre-cruise sightseeing. By having one suitcase for what we needed before the cruise made it easier to get around. There is also luggage storage near the cruise terminal. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, new_cruiser said:

We haven't been to Tahiti but the Windstar dress code is the same everywhere. I don't do dresses or skirts so I wear slacks (e.g. khakis) and a polo or other top that's nicer than a T-shirt. 

That's exactly what I do. Nice slacks and a nice blouse. That works for me. 

Mine was sundresses, dressier sandals, Dh was  dressy shirt and a few Tommy Bahama type shirts, khakis, no sandals.

(It's nice to never hear a gripe on the WS board, about not being able to wear flip flops, shorts, baseball caps and swimsuits to dinner as there have been over the years on other boards. Seems like the posters here respect other diners. and particularly  the staff who knock themselves out preparing and serving our meal. )

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/9/2021 at 10:20 AM, milepig said:

Every time I read the subject line I chuckle since I immediately think “yes, Tahiti is not clothing optional, at least the parts WS goes to .”

I always think the same thing!

In 1993 onboard Windsong Tahiti there were a couple of women who, with the exception of lower half string bikinis, followed clothing optional onboard and land.They were exceptionally fit, young and well endowed. I guess Windstar didn't object nor did my husband.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2021 at 11:38 AM, Petoonya said:

In 1993 onboard Windsong Tahiti there were a couple of women who, with the exception of lower half string bikinis, followed clothing optional onboard and land.They were exceptionally fit, young and well endowed. I guess Windstar didn't object nor did my husband.

Now that is the type cruise I want to sign up for.

• Haha 1