Is there check into the cruise personalizer with your captain circle number?

oldfashioncruiser

My wife takes care of booking and managing our trips.   We have had two Alaskan cruises canceled last year and this year.  We are taking our son and his girlfriend.  We just booked a long cruise for 2023 and was told my wife had a FCD but I did not.   Last cruise we purchased 6 and we always buy the same amount.  After one hour and 35 minutes, my wife finally found out what was going on.  Instead of giving back my last FCD or refunding the $100, they returned it in OBC.  It was not close to expiring.   For our Alaskan cruise, we booked a suite and the kids are booked in the cabin next door.  She booked our son (same first name) in the suite with her so he can get the extra cruise credit and get to elite faster.   I am booked next door with his girlfriend.  I think we will let the kids have the suite since this is her first cruise.   The kids did not have any FCD's - his last one was refunded because it expired - so we charged their deposits.    Anyway, I still have no idea why they used OBC to refund my deposit.

My wife and I have several  OBC - $50 - $150  -  cash value FCC, used for FCC, goodwill.    They do not indicate what these credits are from.  

We are able to get into our captain circle accounts and see all of our future cruise credits and on board credits BUT can't get into the kids.   Since my wife does all the managing of the cruises, she uses her email account for all.   Our son says "DO not Give out my email address to anyone"

We wanted to check the kids account to see what credits they have BUT have no idea how to log in.    She put their name, birthdate and voyage number in the "Access your booking without signing in" and you can see info on that cruise but it does not allow us to see their total credits.  When she went to captain circle - my profile.  Says you have to sign in - but only my wife and I can sign in.

We have had 5 cruises canceled and we were suppose to get some goodwill OBC for them but only one credit is showing up.

After all of this:

Is their a way to sign in using the captain circle number???    

She wants all of our credits printed out in front of her before she calls Princess again to figure out what is what!!

Thanks for any help.

Regardless of the previous very unhelpful post, the answer is yes.

You can log into your account at princess.com. If you don't already have an account you can register. I suspect you already do but if you forgot your password you'll have to go through the password reset process.

Once signed in you can hover your mouse pointer over "My Account" and then click on the "Future Cruise Credits" link. From there you can access what Princess has on file.

Two caveats:

1) Each passenger has a separate account and you must log into each account to get all the FCC information.

2) In our own account, we also have what seem to be errors so be careful.

Has there been an update on the logging in process in the last few years?
It is 4 years since we sailed on Crown Princess and I tried to log in a few days ago. I was told that my Log in details were not recognised, but they are the ones that I used in May 2017. 
Fortunately, I found the Platinum pack that we were given at the end of that cruise, so at least I know my Captain’s Circle numbers, as I was sent a different one on an email, when I recently registered for offers.

20 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

It is 4 years since we sailed on Crown Princess and I tried to log in a few days ago. I was told that my Log in details were not recognised, but they are the ones that I used in May 2017. 
Fortunately, I found the Platinum pack that we were given at the end of that cruise, so at least I know my Captain’s Circle numbers, as I was sent a different one on an email, when I recently registered for offers.

Yes, they changed the password requirements.  Just reset your password.  They did this about a year and half or 2 years ago.

2 hours ago, upwarduk said:

From what you describe, you now have 2 Captain Circle numbers. You need to call Princess to get one of them deleted. If you don't, you'll have credits in one and not the other (depending on which account you're logged into).

DH had this issue...one account had his veteran status, the other did not.

I think the OP is trying to see the KIDs Princess FCC's so they need the email for each of those accounts to login. A little confused as I thought I read they were able to login  and see thier own FCC's?

3 hours ago, oldfashioncruiser said:

For our Alaskan cruise, we booked a suite and the kids are booked in the cabin next door.  She booked our son (same first name) in the suite with her so he can get the extra cruise credit and get to elite faster.   I am booked next door with his girlfriend.  I think we will let the kids have the suite since this is her first cruise. 

Have you considered that since your son & wife are booked into the suite only they will be allowed access to suite amenities (free first night dining in specialty restaurant, breakfast in the specialty restaurant, Club Class dining, priority boarding, complimentary Lotus Spa, etc.)

We are able to get into our captain circle accounts and see all of our future cruise credits and on board credits BUT can't get into the kids.   Since my wife does all the managing of the cruises, she uses her email account for all.   Our son says "DO not Give out my email address to anyone"

We wanted to check the kids account to see what credits they have BUT have no idea how to log in.    She put their name, birthdate and voyage number in the "Access your booking without signing in" and you can see info on that cruise but it does not allow us to see their total credits.  When she went to captain circle - my profile.  Says you have to sign in - but only my wife and I can sign in.

Sounds like you need to actually sign in using the kid's information. You may need to call Princess to find out why you can't sign in to the kid's account. If you have all the correct info, you should be able to do it.

Isn't each person required to have an email address and password (could be the same password for both people)  to access your Captain Circle Account showing OBC, FCDs and cruise history.  I know we have to have two emails for each Captain Circle Account

5 hours ago, oldfashioncruiser said:

OP,  here is your solution as it appears that neither you nor the "kids" have setup an online account with Princess.com.

Your son wishes to protect his email address.  Lots of people have multiple email addresses and use the secondary one for public type forums and such in order to try and cut down on junk mail.

Have your son setup a second account on gmail or another web-based email platform.  For example, he could name it JohnForPrincess-at-gmail.com.  Setup one for his girlfriend as well.

Next, go through the Princess registration process to setup an online account, using their new email, contact info, and Captain's Circle numbers.  Once all that is done, you and son should have be able to see information on file with Princess.

PS - Your son could use his new email to join Cruise Critic.

• Like 2

Thanks for all your suggestions.  My wife says someone always has the answer here.   

My son would not want to join CC.   He will not setup a new email for this.   He tells my  wife to deal with all the travel stuff.   We are paying for everything so he has never needed to get into his captain circle account.    I think I will just call Princess and ask them to send me a copy of both of their credits.   His girlfriend did include her email so tomorrow we will ask her to sign in and see what we find.

JF - yes, I know they would get all the suite perks.   Not a big deal.  We only book suites so for 7 days, it doesn't bother us.   We usually do long cruises.  And Sabitinis is not what it use to be since club class came around.    It is not the same as it use to be.     On long cruises the waiters knew all our likes and dislikes but now, they move the waiters around and there always seems to be one new one.   Many times we have had to wait and wait for a second cup of coffee.    We eat at the Crown Grill many times during a cruise so we will probably join them.  I think we all get an extra specialty restaurant dinner as a perk.   We will be with them all day long on tours so they may want to be alone for dinners.  We do love club class dining but we want the kids to have a good time.

10 hours ago, oldfashioncruiser said:

My son would not want to join CC.   He will not setup a new email for this.   He tells my  wife to deal with all the travel stuff.   We are paying for everything so he has never needed to get into his captain circle account.    I think I will just call Princess and ask them to send me a copy of both of their credits.   His girlfriend did include her email so tomorrow we will ask her to sign in and see what we find.

You could setup the email I suggested yourself and use it for access to Princess account.  

Maybe shouldn't say this to a parent and a stranger at that, but seems to me your son could put out a modicum of effort for all the free travel, and a suite to boot.

• Like 4

I have one son that is Not a big traveler either.  He enjoys it, when we go.  But does

he get involved with making travel arrangements?  No.  Not his thing.

Spouse doesn't either.

So I can't dis your son for not wanting to get involved in travel bookings. 

Hes probably busy with work & just arent' interested in doing prep.

Hasn't stopped us from enjoying the kids when we go on trips.

Some are into planning and others aren't.

My other son plans Too much & annoyingly so..... lol

Happy mediums? 😆

• Like 2

The glitch as I see it at Princess is after attaining your original  CC number after your first cruise or pre-registry, there is no where to enter your existing CC number when registering and creating your online account, Princess always issues you a new number a pon the creation of your online profile. So without calling it's impossible to create your online profile and consolidate all your old and new cruise credits and/or cruise history into your newly created profile.. FYI -->  At one time we found out my wife had 6 CC numbers on file simply because each time her login would fail the Princess site simply would instructed her just to re-register BUT that just created yet another CC number and still no consolidated history  .. 

5 hours ago, srpilo said:

The glitch as I see it at Princess is after attaining your original  CC number after your first cruise or pre-registry, there is no where to enter your existing CC number when registering and creating your online account, Princess always issues you a new number a pon the creation of your online profile. So without calling it's impossible to create your online profile and consolidate all your old and new cruise credits and/or cruise history into your newly created profile

It's so long ago, I don't recall all of the steps, but I believe it all worked out for me.  I do notice that on the first registration page, there is no place to enter CC Member Number.  I am not sure if a second page comes up after the registration, or if their system does a match on the registration info entered against CC Member ID's to do a match.  Seems to me, they ought to ask for the CC Member number and then pump out an error if info entered doesn't match. 

Maybe I had to call then as well.  Couldn't say.

18 hours ago, srpilo said:

The glitch as I see it at Princess is after attaining your original  CC number after your first cruise or pre-registry, there is no where to enter your existing CC number when registering and creating your online account, Princess always issues you a new number a pon the creation of your online profile. So without calling it's impossible to create your online profile and consolidate all your old and new cruise credits and/or cruise history into your newly created profile.. FYI -->  At one time we found out my wife had 6 CC numbers on file simply because each time her login would fail the Princess site simply would instructed her just to re-register BUT that just created yet another CC number and still no consolidated history  .. 

Had to chuckle at this. During a call last fall when I insisted that my FCD be returned as FCD not FCC (bc it covers deposits in full which is why I want it & they want it converted) I discovered I also had 2 #s. With history under both. I wondered where those other 2 cruises (1980s) went!!

The rep (not my PVP) confirmed that my son & daughter had old #s too but could not share it.