MSC Yacht Club waiting area Port of Miami

DFWGUYZ

On 5/7/2021 at 5:06 PM, Até said:

When using Terminal F MSC has a nice, separated YC waiting area but I'm not sure about what they use/d for the Terminal G departures.  I'm pretty sure the 2022 MSC Terminals AA/AAA, or whatever it will be called, will have special YC areas.  Anyone heard an update on completion date?

Per MSC Cruises USA Operations, it has been postponed until sometime in 2023. But as with all things MSC, that could change at any time.

Bret

Edited by cruiseguyinorl

In case it is of interest to any non-YC but Black/Diamond card holders, there was a priority line in the main terminal, which we discovered after we had stood in the main line for a short while.  Once we made the move, we were whisked right through, and then given fantastic service upstairs at the counters.

Here at home, now, whenever something goes especially well (prime parking spot, new cashier opens just for us), we say "it must be our Black Card".

Thank you, Status Match!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, sverigecruiser said:

So you passed security after "the waiting area"? We passed security when entering the terminal and after "the waiting area" we just boarded.

Good question.

As I said, we cruised right before everything shut down because of COVID.  You are right, we went through typical security before we got to this room, but there were a couple COVID health checks that we needed to pas through after the waiting room before we were allowed on the ship.

I have no idea if similar policies are going to still be standard during restart, but that's specifically what I meant.  We did a health/temp check prior to scanning our cards before we got on the gangway.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, DFWGUYZ said:

Delightful. If you don't mind me asking. How did you arrive at the POM and have your baggage arrive as to avoid the "luggage drop off area?"

Many thanks.

I drove to the Port.  The Port's traffic is horrific.  Once in the Port and turning onto the traffic lanes going towards the exit with that significant traffic, I had to "inch by inch" my way from one lane to another to another to another (my turn signal for quite a work out) in order to get me to the lane closest to where the YC Tent would be.  Once at that spot, there was no place to pull off and the Police made it quite clear that I needed to "keep moving".  Was able to finally triple park in an area North of where the Tent was and drop off my luggage to a Porter.  My luggage got mixed into the luggage with the Meraviglia's other guests.

Then, inched by inched from that location back into the far lane in order to get to the parking garage.  I WILL NEVER DRIVE TO THE PORT OF MIAMI AGAIN!

2 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

I drove to the Port.  The Port's traffic is horrific.  Once in the Port and turning onto the traffic lanes going towards the exit with that significant traffic, I had to "inch by inch" my way from one lane to another to another to another (my turn signal for quite a work out) in order to get me to the lane closest to where the YC Tent would be.  Once at that spot, there was no place to pull off and the Police made it quite clear that I needed to "keep moving".  Was able to finally triple park in an area North of where the Tent was and drop off my luggage to a Porter.  My luggage got mixed into the luggage with the Meraviglia's other guests.

Then, inched by inched from that location back into the far lane in order to get to the parking garage.  I WILL NEVER DRIVE TO THE PORT OF MIAMI AGAIN!

We can attest to every word of this posting (we were on the same cruise)!  It was so chaotic (it looked like both the Meraviglia and the ship behind were still disembarking passengers after 10:30 am so maybe it was an anomaly) we didn't even attempt the drop off; instead we parked in the garage and walked with our luggage (one suitcase each and a single carry-on) to the YC tent.  Once there we discovered we were traveling light.  One couple had 8 pieces of luggage of varying sizes! We had to wait about 10 minutes before being led inside.  I want to add that in the picture above the table in the back of the room is where the butlers dispense drinks, including prosecco, and lovely snacks, small sandwiches, etc.

• Like 1

Port of Miami can be stressfull. However, as we drive there for every cruise (not yacht club), we have found POM to be much more efficient than Port "Everglades" (Ft.Lauderdale).  Just inch your way into the porter lane, drop off the baggage and family, then go park.  Personally we park offsite but there is plenty of expensive parking across the street from the ship.

20 hours ago, cruiseguyinorl said:

Per MSC Cruises USA Operations, it has been postponed until sometime in 2023. But as with all things MSC, that could change at any time.

Bret

Do they use a particular pier in Port Canaveral and is it same with a YC tent and room?

7 hours ago, dexddd said:

Do they use a particular pier in Port Canaveral and is it same with a YC tent and room?

I don't think anyone can answer your question.  MSC has never sailed from Port Canaveral to the best of my knowledge.  

17 hours ago, capriccio said:

We can attest to every word of this posting (we were on the same cruise)!  It was so chaotic (it looked like both the Meraviglia and the ship behind were still disembarking passengers after 10:30 am so maybe it was an anomaly) we didn't even attempt the drop off; instead we parked in the garage and walked with our luggage (one suitcase each and a single carry-on) to the YC tent. 

I usually travel solo and do this every time. So much easier than trying to get over to the right. I just stay to the left and park in the garage. I have 1 rolling garment bag a small duffel and my carry on. They all attach so a very easy trek to the tent.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, miataman19 said:

I usually travel solo and do this every time. So much easier than trying to get over to the right. I just stay to the left and park in the garage. I have 1 rolling garment bag a small duffel and my carry on. They all attach so a very easy trek to the tent.

Surely understand why you do so.  But, by doing so, you immediately loose one advantage of being a YC guest.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Surely understand why you do so.  But, by doing so, you immediately loose one advantage of being a YC guest.  

Don't understand.  What advantage do we lose if we do the same as miataman?

Instead of trying to maneuver the car over to the YC tent, we park, then wheel our bags (one each suitcase and one carry on) to the tent, give our luggage to one of the butlers standing there and go to the waiting area.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mafig said:

Don't understand.  What advantage do we lose if we do the same as miataman?

Instead of trying to maneuver the car over to the YC tent, we park, then wheel our bags (one each suitcase and one carry on) to the tent, give our luggage to one of the butlers standing there and go to the waiting area.  

My opinion, of course.  The advantage that I see as a YC guest is the ability to drop off one's luggage at the tent, then park, and not have to deal with getting whatever luggage one has from the garage to the YC tent.  

I had more luggage with which to handle than you.  (Meraviglia was the 2nd of 3 cruises during a 6 week trip.)  The walkway from the garage to the YC tent was as congested as Times Square in New York City on New Year's Eve.  I had to walk in the street a couple of times (and risk that I didn't get smacked by some car/taxi).  My experience was "not a walk in the park"!  Perhaps, this explanation will assist you in what I was saying.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

I had to walk in the street a couple of times (and risk that I didn't get smacked by some car/taxi).  My experience was "not a walk in the park"!  Perhaps, this explanation will assist you in what I was saying.  

Just like trying to get across Mall Park Drive from Rusty Bucket to First Watch?!

Lol

• Haha 1

On 6/13/2021 at 12:40 PM, happy cruzin said:

It looks like - least on the sailings in Italy - the YC preboarding area is only serving sealed individual snacks and drinks. 

It does not look premium to me. Disappointed. YC guests rates are premium and Pringles crisps are, well, to be nice, nasty and insulting in a premium setting. Stop it with blaming Covid-19 on lack of service. That is a way to reduce everything from customer,  food, quality, and bar service. Land based vacays are looking more appealing. Just my opinion. My rant for today 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DFWGUYZ said:

It does not look premium to me. Disappointed. YC guests rates are premium and Pringles crisps are, well, to be nice, nasty and insulting in a premium setting. 

I understand your thinking.  But, why is it necessary for any such snacks be made available to those of us who are YC guests before we embark?  At least in Miami, having a dedicated area for such procedures to be completed along with whatever beverages/snacks that were available was a "premium" benefit that our fellow shipmates did not experience.  

13 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

I understand your thinking.  But, why is it necessary for any such snacks be made available to those of us who are YC guests before we embark?  At least in Miami, having a dedicated area for such procedures to be completed along with whatever beverages/snacks that were available was a "premium" benefit that our fellow shipmates did not experience.  

It is not necessary. My thinking is why bother at all?  A can of crisps and cheap bottled water? Perhaps a sicky bun pulled from a vending machine? Thanks, no. It is all a matter of expectation vs reality. Food and drink are all subjective as we know. If one is fine with those selections offered, then good for them! Some may not be so impressed with what the YC offers guests.

Edited by DFWGUYZ
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, DFWGUYZ said:

It is not necessary.

Not necessary, but would be appreciated if something delayed embarkation and the early arriving YC guests would spend more time in that lounge than is usual.  Quality snacks, a variety of beverages:  probably would be well received by the guests.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Not necessary, but would be appreciated if something delayed embarkation and the early arriving YC guests would spend more time in that lounge than is usual.  Quality snacks, a variety of beverages:  probably would be well received by the guests.  

Our disembarkation was delayed in Miami and the people waiting to board got pizza for lunch from the ship. But of course that was pre-Covid! 

• Like 1

On 6/13/2021 at 12:40 PM, happy cruzin said:

It looks like - least on the sailings in Italy - the YC preboarding area is only serving sealed individual snacks and drinks.

On 6/15/2021 at 4:40 PM, DFWGUYZ said:

It does not look premium to me. Disappointed. YC guests rates are premium and Pringles crisps are, well, to be nice, nasty and insulting in a premium setting. Stop it with blaming Covid-19 on lack of service. That is a way to reduce everything from customer,  food, quality, and bar service.

Why shouldn't we blame Covid-19? 

The pictures don't show a lack of service and the reality is that the food and drink presentations have been impacted.  I don't remember Pringles in the Miami YC lounge but even pre-Covid they stocked your YC cabin daily with snacks including Pringles (I gather lots of people like them and they don't get crushed like bags of chips).  Hopefully this won't continue for too much longer and MSC will revert to its pre-Covid YC lounge food and drink presentations as we all experienced in the past (and expect in the future).

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, capriccio said:

The pictures don't show a lack of service and the reality is that the food and drink presentations have been impacted.

Point well made. Blanket statements about service and food was not warranted, I will admit.  Should one expect boarding times similar to pre Covid-19 now? IMO unlikely. Guessing in the US wait times for rapid testing, temperature checks, Security and Immigrations to be longer than what was in the past. We hope to see how it works out! 🙂