NEW CDC ... NO MASKS NEEDED FOR VACCINATED PERSONS ??

2 hours ago, koolZip said:

Gee, somehow it worked for Australia and New Zealand. But of course, they acted like mature adults, followed the science and had the fortitude and discipline to work for the common good.

Americans, not so much.

oh please.  Completely different topography.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Shorewalk Holmes said:

OK, how about Florida vs. South Korea.  Both are peninsulas.

South Korea -- 51.2 million people, 130 thousand covid cases, 1,891 deaths.

Florida --  21.6 million people, 2.28 million covid cases,  35,881 deaths.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/region/us/florida

Um, not the same at all.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I minored in English in college and I am a published author.I am very careful when I read something and conversely when I write something.

You still inferred something.  Show me exactly where I said what you state instead of just saying you "think" what I said.  BTW, I've spent years in admin EDITING other's writing, including english majors.  

This is what I said.  Two Separate sentences and subjects.     Show me where I related one to the other. 

"Not going to wear a mask unless it's required.   Cleveland Clinic is reporting that 99.7% of hospitalized patients were unvaccinated.    That means the vaccine is working"

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Shorewalk Holmes said:

Our posts crossed.  See stats for Florida and South Korea, two peninsulas.

I'm just aggravated because NJ governor has to review the new guidelines.  We definitely will be in prison until 2022.

2 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

I'm just aggravated because NJ governor has to review the new guidelines.  We definitely will be in prison until 2022.

VA and MD are also "reviewing" them.  Sheesh.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Everyone I know that had Covid let their guard down and didn't have a mask on when they got covid.

This is exciting news and I cannot wait to go to the food store, stores, salon, etc. without a mask on......yabadabadoo!!

Might want to be careful about that. Some companies will still require a mask. Just saying

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Baron Barracuda said:

Up to 8 now including Gleybar Torres who already went through Covid back in December.  Seven are asymptomatic.  Team received J&J on April 7th.

https://www.wired.com/story/the-yankees-covid-outbreak-may-be-bad-news-for-ditching-masks/

Yeah I am watching the game now , he was vaccinated and had COVID-19 and still he got Covid again , not encouraging, but at least now with vaccines people are not getting that sick and not dying. 

19 minutes ago, Shorewalk Holmes said:

I don't know about you but I would rather live in Florida then in South Korea.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Shorewalk Holmes said:

True.  South Korea had strong mask mandates, lockdowns and good KF94 masks. 

But without statistical control of all the relevant variables, we can't be 100% certain what accounts for their success.

I was in South Korea a few months before the pandemic hit and before Covid was known, and was surprised to see so many wearing masks.  They had become accustomed to wearing masks due to having gone through previous pandemics such as SARS and MERS.  

South Korea, because they had already experienced pandemics, was in a much better place than we were in respect to testing (remember our testing kits fiasco) and contact tracing.  They had the benefit of history behind them. This together with their complacent society, put them in a better position to contain and combat the virus. 

Edited by livingonthebeach
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, George C said:

Yeah I am watching the game now , he was vaccinated and had COVID-19 and still he got Covid again , not encouraging, but at least now with vaccines people are not getting that sick and not dying. 

It's not encouraging for those that got the J&J

9 minutes ago, George C said:

Some people won't produce the antibodies others do or at a lower rate.  For example, my sister is RH- and her DH is RH+.  She' had Rhogam shots with both her pregnancies but didn't respond to them.  Her second child, her daughter was delivered at 37 weeks and required intensive UV light therapy because of it.  She just doesn't produce the response necessary.  As a result, she was told to not have any more children as the next one probably wouldn't survive or would be very premature.  Not everyone responds the same way to meds/vaccines.  Now, Rhogam isn't a vaccine but it's supposed to block the antibody reaction that causes problems in babies/pregnancy.  I know of others who when pregnant didn't have rubella antibodies even though they'd had the vaccine.  It happens.

Edited by BND
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Shorewalk Holmes said:

Just remember kids, you cant spell peninsula without a pen...nevermind.🤪

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

I was in South Korea a few months before the pandemic hit and before Covid was known, and was surprised to see so many wearing masks.  They had become accustomed to wearing masks due to having gone through previous pandemics such as SARS and MERS.  

South Korea, because they had already experienced pandemics, was in a much better place than we were in respect to testing (remember our testing kits fiasco) and contact tracing.  They had the benefit of history behind them. This together with their complacent society, put them in a better position to contain and combat the virus. 

I agree.

I think it's cool that you've been there!  I've mentioned before that I'd like to see South Korea. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

Len, I understand your concerns and fears.  My dad had Parkinsons as well as dementia and leukemia and I truly wish you well.  You stay safe and I will say you are one who does need to be careful.  

Screenshot_20210513-190314_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210513-190512_Chrome.jpg

In 2014 I was diagnosed with Parkinsons and it is getting worse every day.In 2015 I had a bone marrow biopsy because two of my doctors believed that I might have leukemia.I was on the border line and I am re-tested every 6 months by my Oncologist.In 2016 I was diagnosed with early dementia .I also have chronic venous insufficiency,phlebitis and cellulitis .I have had Sleep Apnea for 15 years,Ulcerative Colitis for 14 years,Fuchs Dystrophy for 10 years,a hole in my right retina,spinal stenosis and several other medical problems.If I get Covid I will not survive.

In January 2020 I was begging my doctors to put me in hospice.I had 2 surgeries during the pandemic that were not successful yet I am still alive.I am not a religious person but there has to be a reason for me still to be on earth.My wife has to do everything for me except post on CC .

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BND said:

You still inferred something.  Show me exactly where I said what you state instead of just saying you "think" what I said.  BTW, I've spent years in admin EDITING other's writing, including english majors.  

This is what I said.  Two Separate sentences and subjects.     Show me where I related one to the other. 

"Not going to wear a mask unless it's required.   Cleveland Clinic is reporting that 99.7% of hospitalized patients were unvaccinated.    That means the vaccine is working"

I wrote an autobiographical story about myself on line for a major publication. The Publisher told me that his Editor would have to review what I wrote before it could appear .If you were to read it you would think that it was written by a second grader . I have a copy of the story I submitted.I have not told anyone about my story being on line.

I am not implying that every Editor would do the same thing but it happened.If it will make you happy for me to say that I am wrong in our little debate then fine.

7 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I wrote an autobiographical story about myself on line for a major publication. The Publisher told me that his Editor would have to review what I wrote before it could appear .If you were to read it you would think that it was written by a second grader . I have a copy of the story I submitted.I have not told anyone about my story being on line.

I am not implying that every Editor would do the same thing but it happened.If it will make you happy for me to say that I am wrong in our little debate then fine.

10,000 posts too, take care Lenny . I'm impressed, don't pay intentions to some of these idiots on here that post without thinking first!

• Like 2