NEW CDC ... NO MASKS NEEDED FOR VACCINATED PERSONS ??

2 minutes ago, Pandamonia said:

its rubbish no science supports masks.

plenty of studies say minimal benefit only in very limited scenarios. 

I have a family member ,a medical doctor ,a huge supporter of the last POTUS who wears and urges everyone she knows to wear a mask.

4 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Yeah, because mask have worked so well 

I know one thing though you would not be the one to tell me one way or the other that it didn't help. So we will leave it at that !

Edited by Jimbo

29 minutes ago, George C said:

Seven members of the ny Yankees staff just tested positive and all have been vaccinated, so wearing a mask is not a bad idea .

Indeed.  I see the one coach received the J&J shot. NYT article.  The efficiency of the J&J shot is ,what, under 65%.  Math says it’s possible.  Oh it also does not say how they are doing. We all hope the best and the shot will help. As for I.  It is time to live folks.  If you are feeling I’ll wear a mask. Wash your hands.  Be mindful.  But living for death does not work. We are on the planet way to short a time. Peace and yes to the common sense new rules.  

5 minutes ago, miami562 said:

Are any of them sick?

Apparently 6 of the 7 had no symptoms... not sure about #7.. but doesn't sound serious. Sounds like they may have had the J&J one doser....they had it back in April...so perhaps not fully effective... just odd for so many in one group... one reason I suspect it was J&J with lower efficacy...but the key is it that it appears no one really sick.

17 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Yeah, because mask have worked so well 

Been like 6 months but CDC study 85% those that got Covid wore Mask all or Most the time. Helps but nothing including a Vasectomy is 100%. My Friend and a Cousin, both with Twins can confirm this

• Haha 1

On Thursday, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) announced that people who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 can officially stop wearing masks and socially distancing in most indoor and outdoor settings, regardless of size. “The science is clear: If you are fully vaccinated, you are protected, and you can start doing the things that you stopped doing because of the pandemic,” the CDC said in a statement.

Halle-freakin'-lujah!

• Like 3

The actual guidance:

Fully vaccinated people can:

• Resume activities without wearing masks or physically distancing, except where required by federal, state, local, tribal, or territorial laws, rules and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance
  • Resume domestic travel and refrain from testing before or after travel or self-quarantine after travel
  • Refrain from testing before leaving the United States for international travel (unless required by the destination) and refrain from self-quarantine after arriving back in the United States
  • Refrain from testing following a known exposure, if asymptomatic, with some exceptions for specific settings
  • Refrain from quarantine following a known exposure if asymptomatic
  • Refrain from routine screening testing if feasible

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/fully-vaccinated-guidance.html

EDIT:  I think somebody may have covered this above, but I'll add anyway:

Fully vaccinated individuals are still advised to wear masks while in crowded indoor settings such as while on public transportation and in hospitals, prisons and homeless shelters.

Edited by harkinmr

Just now, DCGuy64 said:

On Thursday, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) announced that people who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 can officially stop wearing masks and socially distancing in most indoor and outdoor settings, regardless of size. “The science is clear: If you are fully vaccinated, you are protected, and you can start doing the things that you stopped doing because of the pandemic,” the CDC said in a statement.

Halle-freakin'-lujah!

The CDC has a habit of contradicting their statements.

1 minute ago, DCGuy64 said:

Halle-freakin'-lujah!

hol' your horses y'all

The requirement to wear masks during travel -- on buses, trains, planes and public transportation -- still stands, Walensky said. Guidance for travel will be updated as science emerges.

3 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

The actual guidance:

Fully vaccinated people can:

• Resume activities without wearing masks or physically distancing, except where required by federal, state, local, tribal, or territorial laws, rules and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance
  • Resume domestic travel and refrain from testing before or after travel or self-quarantine after travel
  • Refrain from testing before leaving the United States for international travel (unless required by the destination) and refrain from self-quarantine after arriving back in the United States
  • Refrain from testing following a known exposure, if asymptomatic, with some exceptions for specific settings
  • Refrain from quarantine following a known exposure if asymptomatic
  • Refrain from routine screening testing if feasible

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/fully-vaccinated-guidance.html

Most of those were already in place. The only changes are:

• Update that fully vaccinated people no longer need to wear a mask or physically distance in any setting, except where required by federal, state, local, tribal, or territorial laws, rules, and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance
  • Update that fully vaccinated people can refrain from testing following a known exposure unless they are residents or employees of a correctional or detention facility or a homeless shelter

Not going to wear a mask unless it's required.   Cleveland Clinic is reporting that 99.7% of hospitalized patients were unvaccinated.    That means the vaccine is working.  

Edited by BND
  • Like 5

40 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

And just staying home for two weeks would kick the virus in the butt.  Or so they said 13 months ago.

Gee, somehow it worked for Australia and New Zealand. But of course, they acted like mature adults, followed the science and had the fortitude and discipline to work for the common good.

Americans, not so much.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, koolZip said:

Gee, somehow it worked for Australia and New Zealand. But of course, they acted like mature adults, followed the science and had the fortitude and discipline to work for the common good.

Americans, not so much.

Dealing with the virus on an ISLAND is much different than in a country with international travel. With an island, it is much easier to isolate.  It's so funny when people say the virus will go away if people followed rules.  

The population of Australia is 25 million and NZ is 5 million.  The US has 332 million people and it's not on an island.  Geez.  Common sense.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, koolZip said:

Americans, not so much.

LOL.  You can't compare NZ and Aus to the US.  The reason they had less cases is they completely closed their borders (it's easy when you're an island)  and stopped it in it's tracks.  My niece lives in Aus and hasn't been able to come home in over a year and her parents haven't been able to visit.  She recently started grad school there which allowed her to extend her visa.  She also plays pro field hockey and coaches.    

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just last night I had a serious conversation with my wife about going on a cruise if we needed to wear a mask inbetween sips and bites of food, or while sunbathing on the pool deck. We were never anti-maskers but that wasn't really our idea of a vacation.

With the trip not until late November I am now confident there will be few mask rules holding us back.

3 minutes ago, BND said:

BTW, everyone I know who caught Covid wore masks.  The few who didn't had it before we even knew what it was.  

My friend who died from Covid last year did not wear a mask,

Everyone who I know personally who had Covid,aside from him also did not wear masks .

9 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

All are also asymptomatic. 

Really curious if they were exposed to an unvaccinated individual who gave it to them or if they gave it to each other. This is the big question. Hopefully at some point screening testing of vaccinated people will end if it's not the latter.

4 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My friend who died from Covid last year did not wear a mask,

Everyone who I know personally who had Covid,aside from him also did not wear masks .

And my brother who died with it, DID wear a mask and quarantined almost all the time.  Finally after months he went to a new years party With the mask and that's when he caught it.  All attendees were required to wear the masks, didn't help much.

Edited by BecciBoo

2 hours ago, sandebeach said:

CDC Director Rochelle Walensky detailed the announcement at a White House briefing.

"Anyone who is fully vaccinated can participate in indoor and outdoor activities, large or small, without wearing a mask or physical distancing," she said. "If you are fully vaccinated, you can start doing the things that you had stopped doing because of the pandemic.

"We have all longed for this moment when we can get back to some sense of normalcy," she said.

The announcement comes after Walensky faced criticism for the CDC being too slow to provide a path back to normalcy for fully vaccinated people, over 117 million of whom are in the U.S. Walensky has defended the CDC's approach as scientifically-based to ensure protection not just for individuals but also the entire U.S. population.

The  next stage in our road map is Monday and then final 'back to normal stage" is 21st June,  but it's being threatened by the Indian variant starting to push up rates again in some parts of the country.  

BBC News - Covid: Boris Johnson 'anxious' about Indian variant
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57102392

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BecciBoo said:

And my brother who died with it, DID wear a mask and quarantined almost 24/7.  Finally after months he went to a new years party With the mask and that's when he caught it.  All attendees were required to wear the masks, didn't help much.

Sorry for your loss

• Thanks 1