Limited Capacity? Havana Still Worth It?

tap_out

Throwing around the idea of booking the Horizon on Aug 1st. Prices seem to be pretty high. We loved our stay in the Havana the last time we were on Horizon. The rest of the ship and pool decks seemed like a mad house. The Havana was a life saver. Just wondering if anybody knows how much they will be limiting capacity. If the normal pool decks were not swamped I think I could do without the Havana. It would be a savings of almost  $700 which would cover the cost of cheers for us. Thanks for the input. 

39 minutes ago, tap_out said:

Throwing around the idea of booking the Horizon on Aug 1st. Prices seem to be pretty high. We loved our stay in the Havana the last time we were on Horizon. The rest of the ship and pool decks seemed like a mad house. The Havana was a life saver. Just wondering if anybody knows how much they will be limiting capacity. If the normal pool decks were not swamped I think I could do without the Havana. It would be a savings of almost  $700 which would cover the cost of cheers for us. Thanks for the input. 

Just be aware maybe a 50/50 chance of cruising. No one knows for sure when cruises will resume. Cross your fingers.

Worth it compared compared to what? Havana is usually just above inside and near cove balcony prices. Depends what you are comparing it to. I also think Havana bar isn't as good as the rest as far as selection, especially the Cuban drinks since they are made with Pepsi. The limited selection keeps me away except for some nights they do live music but I only stay for a bit and hit up the Plaza bar for better wines (more seating also) or Tides bar for better atmosphere (any bar really has better atmosphere).  

52 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

There is no plan in writing yet for limiting capacity. There are loungers all over the ships. If your requirement is it must be by a pool, Havana is probably your better bet. 

This is actually good advice. If you just want peace and quiet in a longer to chill, head out of Ocean Plaza on the port side and head forward. You can find plenty of loungers for quiet and seclusion near the fun shops area. You can cut through Cherry on top to get to the Piano bar, Alchemy, or the steakhouse (if you like better wines) to get drinks as well. Probably one of the quietest places on the ship. 

If yo're looking for pool time (actually being in the water) as the main focus, then Havana is probably best.    

12 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Worth it compared compared to what? Havana is usually just above inside and near cove balcony prices. Depends what you are comparing it to. I also think Havana bar isn't as good as the rest as far as selection, especially the Cuban drinks since they are made with Pepsi. The limited selection keeps me away except for some nights they do live music but I only stay for a bit and hit up the Plaza bar for better wines (more seating also) or Tides bar for better atmosphere (any bar really has better atmosphere).  

To a regular inside cabin. It is over $700 increase to move to a Havana interior.  We enjoy and spend most of our time at Alchemy in the evening. It was nice having the Havana bar right by the pool and no crowds and feeling like you pretty much had your own personal bartender. 

12 hours ago, kona_wahine said:

Loved our stay in the Havana. We had a patio, but I’d go for an inside next time to save money, probably on 6th floor so easy access down to the pool area. I hate lido pool area with all the noise and people. 

We had an inside on the 6th floor. I would say probably the most convenient location we have ever had on any cruise. I agree no real need to pay for a patio or balcony you spend so much time in the private area its not really necessary. 

18 hours ago, tap_out said:

Nobody really knows what capacity percentages may be. I think Carnival has gone along with the shutdown all this time because they don't want to limit capacity. They waited long enough for us to get vaccinated and for the mask requirements to be relaxed or eliminated. Prices have gone up to cover all the OBC  given out to rebook. I think you should stick with Havana but, you may have to wait until prices come back down.

4 hours ago, tap_out said:

To a regular inside cabin. It is over $700 increase to move to a Havana interior.  We enjoy and spend most of our time at Alchemy in the evening. It was nice having the Havana bar right by the pool and no crowds and feeling like you pretty much had your own personal bartender. 

We had an inside on the 6th floor. I would say probably the most convenient location we have ever had on any cruise. I agree no real need to pay for a patio or balcony you spend so much time in the private area its not really necessary. 

Based on the response to this and the one below, sounds like you already know the answer but are trying to talk yourself out of it lol.  

14 hours ago, Radiioman46 said:

What deck is the havana pool located?

14 hours ago, mondello said:

Promenade/Deck 5 aft.

This is the location on the 3 Vista Class ships.  On the 2 Excel Class ships, it's located on deck 8 starboard side just forward of midship.

2 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

This is the location on the 3 Vista Class ships.  On the 2 Excel Class ships, it's located on deck 8 starboard side just forward of midship.

True. Discussion is about Havana area on Horizon; thus, my response.

20 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Based on the response to this and the one below, sounds like you already know the answer but are trying to talk yourself out of it lol.  

Your a mostly right lol Its funny my wife has rubbed off on me and turned me into the most indecisive person on the planet. We are throwing around about 5 different ideas for a vacation this summer. Needless to say I have been busy changing my mind a lot. Our horizon Havana cruise why by far my favorite cruise out of the 13 cruises I have been on. I feel like its a little over priced at this point compared to some other options though. Thinking about a short 4 day cruise on Navigator or even 5 days at an all inclusive. 

On 5/15/2021 at 8:09 AM, mondello said:

Nobody really knows what capacity percentages may be. I think Carnival has gone along with the shutdown all this time because they don't want to limit capacity. They waited long enough for us to get vaccinated and for the mask requirements to be relaxed or eliminated. Prices have gone up to cover all the OBC  given out to rebook. I think you should stick with Havana but, you may have to wait until prices come back down.

here is the available rooms on the Horizon https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4364/~/carnival-horizon-(hz)-havana-experience-and-staterooms . I'm booking a Havana in Nov 2022 on the Panorama. Can't wait

For me it would be worth it.  But then, I just added a few days at a Disney resort for after my cruise in December, so apparently I must be in a "money is no object" phase of bad decision making.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, naxer said:

For me it would be worth it.  But then, I just added a few days at a Disney resort for after my cruise in December, so apparently I must be in a "money is no object" phase of bad decision making.  

I look at it as saving on airfare if we can do both on one trip.