Anyway to register without downloading the Medallion app?

Jemnibabe

1 hour ago, Italy52 said:

Thanks for your post.  We have two cancelled cruises that are showing up and didn't know when or how they would go away --- sounds like that problem might be solved soon per your post.

On another note, I have an Android 11.0 and still have all kinds of problems logging into the system.  Princess claims there are lots of problems with Androids and ensures me that they are working on it --- standard line.

Oh no. I went out and bought a new android 11 today so the appl. will work. Will not be happy camper.

I am going to wait till after the weekend in hopes that the cancelled cruise actually comes off and I can get on my other booked cruises. Today on my old phone it let me do some things that I couldn't yesterday so there was some improvement. I was blaming all this mostly on my outdated android even though I know the program itself is floored.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, joepeka said:

As Ken and Darlene mention, here's a screen shot of the link from inside your booking on the web site:

Capture.JPG

Shhhhhhhhhhh.

Posters always claim princess reads cruise critic.

If they see your post, they may delete the link.

"For 'your' convenience" ... of course.

• Haha 1

Just now, san diego sue said:

Oh no. I went out and bought a new android 11 today so the appl. will work. Will not be happy camper.

I am going to wait till after the weekend in hopes that the cancelled cruise actually comes off and I can get on my other booked cruises. Today on my old phone it let me do some things that I couldn't yesterday so there was some improvement. I was blaming all this mostly on my outdated android even though I know the program itself is floored.

I am also going to wait until this weekend and then give it another try.  Besides the cancelled cruises not dropping off, my app does not recognize my August cruise nor does it recognize me.  It recognized my husband but not the August cruise nor is he able to add me on his app as a companion.  Good luck to you and hope everything works out for you.

Okay, I just had to try it on my new phone. Works the same as the old one, still has the cancelled cruise (which hopefully will come off this weekend as per Princess) and not able to access any of the new 6 cruises I have booked. So upgrading to 11.0 did nothing.Well, I do like my new phone anyways.There will be lots of angry customers if they go out and buy new phones and still doesn't work.

• Thanks 1

Hi all, 

Well this is quite the s*show. 🤪🤪 

I have some practical questions that I'd appreciate answers to, if anyone has any. 

Thanks in advance.   

1.  Historically, I've input all the info for my family:  two cabins, two booking numbers, I just log into everyone's account on my pc and do all the keying.   So,  if I download the app to my mobile device, do I use their website login emails and passwords on the app?    

Or do I need their old medallion app login id and pw(we took a medallion cruise once before)

Or do we create more new accounts?   

2.  Will one device's app allow me to log in and out of multiple accounts?   Or do we need to do it on separate devices?  (unique cookies and such)

3.   Is it all now per person so I have to key it all in 4x for 4 pple or is it like before where it was by booking number per cabin so the info would be copied over and I'd only have to key it in 2x?  

4.  We are Canadian in Canada .... before Covid, Princess could not figure out how to mail us our medallions🙄.   So ... what now?   Will we get them here or still at the port?  

Even if we've done all the app stuff, but have no medallion, which line will we end up in?   

I'm not happy about this forcing us to use mobile app only.   

Plenty of other companies have both website pc/mac based info as well as mobile app.  

Why couldn't Princess manage that? 

And to those who say "cruise another line".... I figure its only a matter of time before all lines go this way.  I just hope for Carnival Corp's sake that they do a better job implementing all this on the other lines they own, than they have done here for Princess.   Apparently, Princess customers have been the guinea pigs on this.   

Thanks again

5 hours ago, joepeka said:

As Ken and Darlene mention, here's a screen shot of the link from inside your booking on the web site:

Capture.JPG

Thanks so much for the info on the luggage tags.  That helps a little bit.  LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

Shhhhhhhhhhh.

Posters always claim princess reads cruise critic.

If they see your post, they may delete the link.

"For 'your' convenience" ... of course.

DOH!  😁

2 hours ago, cruisintoddler said:

Hi all, 

I have some practical questions that I'd appreciate answers to, if anyone has any. 

Thanks in advance.   

1.  Historically, I've input all the info for my family:  two cabins, two booking numbers, I just log into everyone's account on my pc and do all the keying.   So,  if I download the app to my mobile device, do I use their website login emails and passwords on the app?    

Or do I need their old medallion app login id and pw(we took a medallion cruise once before)

2.  Will one device's app allow me to log in and out of multiple accounts?   Or do we need to do it on separate devices?  (unique cookies and such)

3.   Is it all now per person so I have to key it all in 4x for 4 pple or is it like before where it was by booking number per cabin so the info would be copied over and I'd only have to key it in 2x?  

4.  We are Canadian in Canada .... before Covid, Princess could not figure out how to mail us our medallions🙄.   So ... what now?   Will we get them here or still at the port?  

Even if we've done all the app stuff, but have no medallion, which line will we end up in?   

Plenty of other companies have both website pc/mac based info as well as mobile app.  

And to those who say "cruise another line".... I figure its only a matter of time before all lines go this way.  I just hope for Carnival Corp's sake that they do a better job implementing all this on the other lines they own, than they have done here for Princess.   Apparently, Princess customers have been the guinea pigs on this.   

Thanks again

HI.

#1. Yes, you need the ID and login.  These are supposed to be sync'd between MC App and Princess.com.  Not sure, but I think the driver is the MC App.  I would say try login with their old id/pswd as you knew them.  Then try using the id/pswd for Princess.com.  If none work, then use MC App and reset pswd.  This should make your Princess.com id.pswd the same.

#2. Yes, you can logout on your device and re-login to MC App with a different id/pswd.  OR, you can use Booking Confirmation Code, Name, Birthdate.

#3. Since I am blocked from Step 1 of OCEANReady for the time being (Error about "All hands on tech"), IDK for sure in the new version.  When the info was in Princess.com website, either cabinmate could be logged in and update the information.  At the worst, you can login for each person and enter/update information. 

#4. It is a mystery to me - and it pushes my buttons - as to why Princess is refusing to mail Medallions other than to USA addresses.  It most certainly isn't that they CAN'T do it - rather they WON'T do it.  I was told by someone with OCEAN waaaay back when Medallions had been out for a while, that mailing to Canada was coming very/quite soon.  Well obviously, that was a shovel load of steaming you-know-what.  I still cannot get a straight answer from anyone about this.  I believe our cousins in the UK are equally frustrated over this.  But so many Canadians cruise with Princess, it is a shame we are ignored in this way even though our marketing and pricing programs are identical.  If sailing out of a US port, you can have it shipped to your pre-cruise hotel (check with them first).  If you know someone in the US, you could have it shipped there and they forward to you, but suggest priority mail or something as bad luck could have it arrive too late.  Before this new App and process (which we don't know everything about yet), there was a lane in the terminal for those with a Medallion and those without.  We had them from the hotel last cruise in NOV 2019.  Our friends did not.  We came to terminal at same time - quite early in morning and among first to check-in.  We were upstairs in Elite "lounge" room for 5 - 10 mins before they showed up.  Cannot say the difference once things got busier.  We saved two seats for them and all was good.

ETA:  I agree with you that Princess is taking the lead on Medallion and the other CCL family members will follow suit in time.  By then, the bugs should be worked out and the features firmed up.  This newer MC App is full of issues and features not matching the promises.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, cruisintoddler said:

Hi all, 

Thanks in advance.   

Thanks again

Steelers36 answered your questions quite well so I can only add that I totally agree with your first sentence regarding the "s*show." 🙂

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Italy52 said:

I am also going to wait until this weekend and then give it another try.  Besides the cancelled cruises not dropping off, my app does not recognize my August cruise nor does it recognize me.  It recognized my husband but not the August cruise nor is he able to add me on his app as a companion.  Good luck to you and hope everything works out for you.

Princess called me today and I had a good conversation with them. I was having an issue with a canceled cruise and not having my August 15th cruise showing up.

They sent me a follow up email saying the following:

Thank you for taking the time to help me understand what you are experiencing with the Medallion.   Per our conversation, we are aware of the cancelled cruise in the app.  

Here is a more exact time frame of the remedy:  “On 6/18, cancellations will be retriggered through our internal systems to have the cancelled voyages removed from the app and the current voyages will load. Process should be completed over the weekend ending 6/20.”

I know you will be checking diligently , but be aware it may be take thru Monday morning 6/21. 

• Thanks 3

11 hours ago, joepeka said:

Capture.JPG

I sail in less than 40 days and that link goes to a page saying luggage tags will be available closer to my cruise. My PVP says that luggage tag availability is TBA. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

HI.

#1. Yes, you need the ID and login.  These are supposed to be sync'd between MC App and Princess.com.  Not sure, but I think the driver is the MC App.  I would say try login with their old id/pswd as you knew them.  Then try using the id/pswd for Princess.com.  If none work, then use MC App and reset pswd.  This should make your Princess.com id.pswd the same.

#2. Yes, you can logout on your device and re-login to MC App with a different id/pswd.  OR, you can use Booking Confirmation Code, Name, Birthdate.

#3. Since I am blocked from Step 1 of OCEANReady for the time being (Error about "All hands on tech"), IDK for sure in the new version.  When the info was in Princess.com website, either cabinmate could be logged in and update the information.  At the worst, you can login for each person and enter/update information. 

#4. It is a mystery to me - and it pushes my buttons - as to why Princess is refusing to mail Medallions other than to USA addresses.  It most certainly isn't that they CAN'T do it - rather they WON'T do it.  I was told by someone with OCEAN waaaay back when Medallions had been out for a while, that mailing to Canada was coming very/quite soon.  Well obviously, that was a shovel load of steaming you-know-what.  I still cannot get a straight answer from anyone about this.  I believe our cousins in the UK are equally frustrated over this.  But so many Canadians cruise with Princess, it is a shame we are ignored in this way even though our marketing and pricing programs are identical.  If sailing out of a US port, you can have it shipped to your pre-cruise hotel (check with them first).  If you know someone in the US, you could have it shipped there and they forward to you, but suggest priority mail or something as bad luck could have it arrive too late.  Before this new App and process (which we don't know everything about yet), there was a lane in the terminal for those with a Medallion and those without.  We had them from the hotel last cruise in NOV 2019.  Our friends did not.  We came to terminal at same time - quite early in morning and among first to check-in.  We were upstairs in Elite "lounge" room for 5 - 10 mins before they showed up.  Cannot say the difference once things got busier.  We saved two seats for them and all was good.

ETA:  I agree with you that Princess is taking the lead on Medallion and the other CCL family members will follow suit in time.  By then, the bugs should be worked out and the features firmed up.  This newer MC App is full of issues and features not matching the promises.

Hi neighbour!

Thanks for the info.  

Sounds like figuring out which login id to use is a trial and error crapshoot.  Nice. 
And the rest is, well, just nonsense.  I agree with you on all the rest too.  

Our last cruise was over NYE Dec 2019 out of Ft Lauderdale.  (Miss it SO much!)  We always go to the port early, and we got our medallions at the port quickly and were on the ship in the first group of elites too.  I'm hoping that speed continues.  For us, the first day on the ship is a full day and we are determined to enjoy every minute of it!   I won't try any hotel delivery just in case of a problem. I figure its easier just to get it at the port.  

Our cruise 2021 is for New Years again, so we have a while before I have to deal with all this checkin app crap.  
When we booked months ago, we didn't have any faith in the possibility of travel from Canada for much before December so we just booked for the holidays.  
Plus still hoping the kids will come along so its during the university break (plus a couple days ...🤫).   We'll wait and see if they decide to come or not, and if not maybe we'll move it to a cheaper week after the holidays.      

I'm hoping all the app kinks get fixed before I have to do the checkin stuff.  Maybe I'll end up getting an external keyboard for my ipad.  I hate typing on the touchscreens - especially when mixing letters and numbers.  Its so much easier on a proper keyboard!  

All first world problems I know.  🙄

Thanks much again!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, cruisintoddler said:

I won't try any hotel delivery just in case of a problem.

If for some reason they didn't show up, you will just get new ones at the check-in.  In my case, they showed up even earlier than expected and I would have had time to send to my brother for forwarding on to Canada.

3 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

If for some reason they didn't show up, you will just get new ones at the check-in.  In my case, they showed up even earlier than expected and I would have had time to send to my brother for forwarding on to Canada.

Ok great thanks.  I'll keep that in mind! 

8 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

I sail in less than 40 days and that link goes to a page saying luggage tags will be available closer to my cruise. My PVP says that luggage tag availability is TBA. 

I downloaded my luggage tag and boarding pass PDFs for our August 8th cruise right after we made final payment.  Within a day or two they were taken down.  The luggage tag still had the $15 corkage fee on them so I suspect they will fix that before they restore them to the Personalizer.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

I downloaded my luggage tag and boarding pass PDFs for our August 8th cruise right after we made final payment.  Within a day or two they were taken down.  The luggage tag still had the $15 corkage fee on them so I suspect they will fix that before they restore them to the Personalizer.

I'm guessing you accessed those luggage tags before this migration of functionality to the MC app started? 

8 minutes ago, joepeka said:

I'm guessing you accessed those luggage tags before this migration of functionality to the MC app started? 

Downloaded at 8:28 AM on June 2nd.  I think (but not 100% sure) the migration had started but they hadn't gotten to shutting down the boarding pass and luggage tag just yet.  I may present the boarding passes at boarding just to watch the looks on the faces of the port workers LOL.

Edited by azbirdmom
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, azbirdmom said:

I am sure they will have something in place by the 25th. I’d like to think I can sail for such a short cruise with only a carry on but I have yet to achieve that goal. I did a 10 day Alaska sailing the first 2 weeks of August 2019. Looking back at my pictures I definitely needed my heavy outerwear on several days. That stuff takes up a lot of space. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, san diego sue said:

No worries, even if the Medallion app is still not working properly you were going to have to update (upgrade) your phone sooner (much sooner) rather than later. I think I'm on my 5th version of Smartphone OS and every time I've kept my current phone until it was no longer supported. While I am always irritated by having to change, I've always been happy with the updated OS and phone.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Downloaded at 8:28 AM on June 2nd.  I think (but not 100% sure) the migration had started but they hadn't gotten to shutting down the boarding pass and luggage tag just yet.  I may present the boarding passes at boarding just to watch the looks on the faces of the port workers LOL.

Unfortunately, the Personalizer no longer works for printing tags.  Any other thoughts on this?

• Like 2

On 6/15/2021 at 4:32 PM, billco said:

So, I would take from that, if you can get along without the app on-board the ship and they will have agents on the pier, then those who don't have a device or don't want to use the app should be fine. They fill out the forms, pick up their medallion, and start their cruise. If there is a requirement that the forms have to be filled out before the cruise, then i think there will be a change soon. Would Princess really turn someone away?

An updated Princess Q&A says:

Prior to the cruise departure, using the MedallionClass app, guests will be required to attest that they will be fully vaccinated at time of embarkation. This means completing all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series at least 14 days before embarkation. Guests should be ready to show original proof of vaccination at cruise check-in.

We’re requiring all guests, no later than midnight before their sailing date, to complete online check-in and select an arrival time using the MedallionClass app.

you should receive a notification to complete your health questionnaire from 72 hours before you embark the ship, using the MedallionClass app. You’ll be asked to complete the questionnaire before leaving home to begin traveling on your vacation, and then reconfirm your answers when arriving at the port.

None of the Q&A indicate there are exceptions for those without access to the app or that will be a separate line at check-in for those who did not have access to the app.

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/

On 6/16/2021 at 10:02 AM, Kenosha Cruiser said:

I received a call back from Princess customer support about the E-mail I sent them saying I would not use their medallion class app for my cruise in Oct. on the Majestic Princess. I said I spend a lot of money cruising with Princess and if they don't allow me to use my computer to register, they should then have a backup plan to allow us non app-ers to check in and board at the cruise terminal. Well, this lady from customer support said I will not have any problems checking in at the cruise terminal to board. She said their will be two lines, one will be a GREEN line for everyone down loading and using the app and a BLUE line for those folks not using the app. She said the check in process would be just like we did before, but it could take a little more time. She thanked me for contacting them and said Princess appreciates my business. I felt much better after hearing from hear. I believe Princess will not deny good paying loyal customers from boarding their ships because we don't have cell phones or won't use their app. 

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

Let ‘S hope this all works out.

Thanks for sharing.   Have a great cruise and come back and let us know how it all works out. 

10 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

It doesn't right now but it will as they have acknowledged

image.thumb.png.4005c95184079eda5640680540b6b068.png

Azbirdmom

thank you again for sharing. Your posts have really helped us manage these changes. Have a wonderful cruise. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, caribill said:

An updated Princess Q&A says:

Prior to the cruise departure, using the MedallionClass app, guests will be required to attest that they will be fully vaccinated at time of embarkation. This means completing all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series at least 14 days before embarkation. Guests should be ready to show original proof of vaccination at cruise check-in.

We’re requiring all guests, no later than midnight before their sailing date, to complete online check-in and select an arrival time using the MedallionClass app.

you should receive a notification to complete your health questionnaire from 72 hours before you embark the ship, using the MedallionClass app. You’ll be asked to complete the questionnaire before leaving home to begin traveling on your vacation, and then reconfirm your answers when arriving at the port.

None of the Q&A indicate there are exceptions for those without access to the app or that will be a separate line at check-in for those who did not have access to the app.

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/

I have still not seen anything in writing stating at a later date we would be able to print our luggage tags from the Personalizer.  As far as I have seen, every printed direction from Princess says we must do EVERYTHING from the Medallion.  Am I missing something?