Remaining Fall Freedom cruises from Bayonne cancelled

As I expected my 9 night Canada & New England cruise on the Freedom Sept 30, 2021 has been finally cancelled. any other remaining sailings

that were slated from NJ are cancelled since Freedom will remain in Miami. 

We also have Anthem's first US sailing out of Bayonne in October and I think the writing is on the wall too b/c it is the only cruise of anthem's not listed on Royal's website....I wish they would just let us know!! I think it will be cancelled b/c it will have to do a test cruise before it can actually set sail in the US...I guess only time will tell!

Since Oasis is going to sail with a fully vaccinated ship, there is no reason she can't be up in Bayonne for Sept/Oct. cruises.  All she needs is CDC approval.  Michael Bayley said they were hoping to have Oasis sail from Bayonne this year to do her Bahamas cruises.  Just made my final payment on my Oct. cruise today.

10 minutes ago, lakelorain said:

Since Oasis is going to sail with a fully vaccinated ship, there is no reason she can't be up in Bayonne for Sept/Oct. cruises.  All she needs is CDC approval.  Michael Bayley said they were hoping to have Oasis sail from Bayonne this year to do her Bahamas cruises.  Just made my final payment on my Oct. cruise today.

Fingers crossed that Oasis comes to Bayonne. On my two October cruises there are so many cabins available which to me is not a good sign. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

Fingers crossed that Oasis comes to Bayonne. On my two October cruises there are so many cabins available which to me is not a good sign. 

Don't forget, we'll probably be sailing at a limited capacity.   Lots of cabins will be open. 

• Like 1

Man, I sure hope our November Anthem cruise isn't canceled.  We have a bunch of us that moved from a Liberty cruise out of Galveston last May and now we've added a lot of first-time cruisers.  I'd hate for them to have to go through the headache of FCC or refunds.  We've all been so looking forward to this cruise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GalwayGirl03 said:

We also have Anthem's first US sailing out of Bayonne in October and I think the writing is on the wall too b/c it is the only cruise of anthem's not listed on Royal's website....I wish they would just let us know!! I think it will be cancelled b/c it will have to do a test cruise before it can actually set sail in the US...I guess only time will tell!

I'm crossing my fingers that I'll be on Anthem to bring her from Southampton (Oct 20)  to Bayonne (Oct 30).  🤞

2 hours ago, LorraineP said:

Give it a little more thought, why would RCI put another ship crew together, be certain about vaccinations for them, get loaded with food, other provisions and supplies in Miami just to accommodate guests who are/were booked in September and part of October on the Oasis? She was supposed to start that Bahamas/ Port Canaveral itinerary in mid May. And again today, sitting off the coast of the Bahamas. Only the Master of the Oasis knows for sure where he's going and not going, and sworn to secrecy from Miami. And yes, LorraineP, you said it, having so many available cabins isn't a very positive sign even with limited capacity. Oh well....

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Where on the Royal Caribbean Site is this information(Cancellations) listed at?

When I checked my Royal Account for existing bookings my freedom cruise was marked canceled and now it's totally missing from my account. If you check their website for Freedom sailings, you'll see that the ship is remaining in Miami.

7 hours ago, kwokpot said:

As I expected my 9 night Canada & New England cruise on the Freedom Sept 30, 2021 has been finally cancelled. any other remaining sailings

that were slated from NJ are cancelled since Freedom will remain in Miami. 

This is NOT new news. The Freedom sailings form Bayonne were cancelled almost 10 days ago when Royal announce their return to cruising. They also said at that time that the first Oasis cruise would be Sept 5.

1 hour ago, mets123 said:

This is NOT new news. The Freedom sailings form Bayonne were cancelled almost 10 days ago when Royal announce their return to cruising. They also said at that time that the first Oasis cruise would be Sept 5.

Fingers and toes crossed.....

My Freedom Canada N/E Oct 2021 was in my opinion canceled a long time ago....when I got the original offer I moved my deposit then. But just now getting my cruise planner item notice of refund.

1 hour ago, mets123 said:

I have yet to receive an email regarding the cancellation except for TODAY when I received cancellation for my Anytime Dining reservations.  

1 minute ago, Ashland said:

My Freedom Canada N/E Oct 2021 was in my opinion canceled a long time ago....when I got the original offer I moved my deposit then. But just now getting my cruise planner item notice of refund.

I had NO misconceptions that My Sept. 30th cruise was going to sail. I'm just posting what my experience today was in my Royal Caribbean website account.