Remaining test cruises

Anyone have a crystal ball or a good guess as to when they think the remainder of the ships/ports will be assigned their test cruises so we can sail with a full fleet? I'm looking at you Bayonne and Tampa. 

1 minute ago, Uniqeni said:

Anyone have a crystal ball or a good guess as to when they think the remainder of the ships/ports will be assigned their test cruises so we can sail with a full fleet? I'm looking at you Bayonne and Tampa. 

Official Royal word is that:

• Brilliance of the Seas

• Enchantment of the Seas

• Explorer of the Seas

• Liberty of the Seas

• Grandeur of the Seas

• Oasis of the Seas

• Radiance of the Seas

• Rhapsody of the Seas

• Spectrum of the Seas

• Vision of the Seas

• Voyager of the Seas

are out of operation through Aug 31st. So, my guess is no earlier than that.

1 minute ago, coldflame said:

Official Royal word is that:

• Brilliance of the Seas

• Enchantment of the Seas

• Explorer of the Seas

• Liberty of the Seas

• Grandeur of the Seas

• Oasis of the Seas

• Radiance of the Seas

• Rhapsody of the Seas

• Spectrum of the Seas

• Vision of the Seas

• Voyager of the Seas

are out of operation through Aug 31st. So, my guess is no earlier than that.

Yes, I saw. I was hoping that maybe they would get test sailings in for them to have them back in operation for September 1st.  I don't want another cancelled cruise. 

2 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Ports aren't a part of the test cruise process, just ships.  Meaning a test cruise doesn't have to leave out of a given port for that port to then host revenue cruises.

Do you think them sailing from only the 4 US ports they have now maybe just the ports they are using to test and once the cdc gives clearance and tests becomes no longer needed they will Jumpstart the remainder of the ports

Only ships sailing from Florida need test cruises.  There is a provision that says that if 95% of passengers and 100% of the crew are vaccinated they do not need to do a test cruise.  Florida has laws in place that do not allow the cruise lines to comply with that provision.   

Edited by Blizzard54

3 minutes ago, Blizzard54 said:

Only ships sailing from Florida need test cruises.  There is a provision that says that if 95% of passengers and 100% of the crew are vaccinated they do not need to do a test cruise.  Florida has laws in place that do not allow the cruise lines to comply with that provision.   

Regardless of the law, Royal's family geared cruises likely couldn't have met threshold anyway

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BSocial said:

Not true. Indy test cruise scheduled in Texas.  

This one is interesting. So they have said that they are requiring vaccines in TX, yet the test cruise has not (yet) been canceled. So either they are planning on allowing more than 5% kids onboard, and despite requiring vaccines for 12+ they will have mask mandates, OR they will eventually cancel the test cruise and switch to a 95% certification, limiting the number of kids.

Only time will tell. 

52 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

They came surprisingly close on the first Bahamas cruise (94%). 

But it was designated 95% and likely had way less kids. That won't be case on Allure, Symphony, etc...

2 hours ago, Blizzard54 said:

For Florida the applicable laws/rules are in litigation in regards to which takes precedence.  

19 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

But it was designated 95% and likely had way less kids. That won't be case on Allure, Symphony, etc...

The Adventure was out of Nassau. No CDC jurisdiction. It was not designated as a 95% sailing.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, jrapps said:

The Adventure was out of Nassau. No CDC jurisdiction. It was not designated as a 95% sailing.

We know, just a discussion how hard will be when reg Florida Cruises return on BIG Ships with Hundreds to 1000+ kids. Have 4 Grand Daughters all under 11, we were supposed be on Board this month and they wouldn't have had Vaccine

Edited by ONECRUISER

1 hour ago, jrapps said:

My bad. I know it wasn’t under CDC, but I still thought it was 98% crew and 95% vaccinated. Must be confused, so much flux

17 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

My bad. I know it wasn’t under CDC, but I still thought it was 98% crew and 95% vaccinated. Must be confused, so much flux

I believe it was just 16+ vaccinated. So a "realistic" look at how the numbers shake out with % of kids that can't get vaccinated. (Though it's now 12+) And why Royal decided not to stick to the 95% rule and instead do test cruises.

• Thanks 1