Havana pool

HP1568

2 minutes ago, kona_wahine said:

We had bracelets that alerted the crew we were Havana guests, on Vista. BTW, loved it. 

On Vista, I’ve read where exclusive access ends at 7:00pm but I’ve also read where exclusive access is 24/7. 

Can anyone confirm which is correct?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

On Vista, I’ve read where exclusive access ends at 7:00pm but I’ve also read where exclusive access is 24/7. 

Can anyone confirm which is correct?

Havana guests have access 24/7, but the pool and hot tubs are closed at midnight. You can still go sit out there, though, and it's super nice and quiet. 🙂 Non-Havana guests have no access at any time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If. I were to cruise in a Vista or Panorama Havana room again I would do an inside on deck 6. We had one of the cool patio rooms with the swing, but it was so easy to just go to the pool area and lounge chairs always available, pool hardly used. Deck 6 you can just go down the stairs to the Havana area. Just my opinion…

The pools are thinly used on the Horizon and Panorama. Even when they were allowing the riff-raff in after 7PM the pools were never crowded by any stretch of the word. The bar could get a bit lively after dinner, but during the day there was little more than foot traffic looky-loos

My cabin choice is an aft facing extended balcony on deck nine. The over hang of deck ten keeps the crowd from peering down on you, and gives a bit of shade. It only takes a couple of minutes to ride the elevators down to visit the bar or pools.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, kona_wahine said:

If. I were to cruise in a Vista or Panorama Havana room again I would do an inside on deck 6. We had one of the cool patio rooms with the swing, but it was so easy to just go to the pool area and lounge chairs always available, pool hardly used. Deck 6 you can just go down the stairs to the Havana area. Just my opinion…

I am assuming the same on the Horizon?  We have Havana inside booked in August on deck 6 and looks like the stairs next to the cabin go directly down to deck 5.  Very convenient. 

11 hours ago, surfone said:

I am assuming the same on the Horizon?  We have Havana inside booked in August on deck 6 and looks like the stairs next to the cabin go directly down to deck 5.  Very convenient. 

But once you get to deck 5 you need to go forward and exit the corridor near the elevators and then walk towards the Havana Bar and gain entrance through the revolving door to the left.  The only other way is for those staying in a deck 5 Lanai cabin to get there through their Lanai and taking the path around the outside to the Pool area.

Stayed in 5205 twice on the Horizon in a sideways inside which was great because of the space around the bed since it was on the long wall.

9 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

But once you get to deck 5 you need to go forward and exit the corridor near the elevators and then walk towards the Havana Bar and gain entrance through the revolving door to the left.  The only other way is for those staying in a deck 5 Lanai cabin to get there through their Lanai and taking the path around the outside to the Pool area.

Stayed in 5205 twice on the Horizon in a sideways inside which was great because of the space around the bed since it was on the long wall.

Twice you said you liked sideways cabins. I got one on 2nd leg of breeze. 9th deck, run right up to pool or buffet.,I thought was pool deck, forgot it's on 10. Only once had a sideways cabin and felt like bed rocked head to toe, not my favorite. 

Did you miss rocking side to side?

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Twice you said you liked sideways cabins. I got one on 2nd leg of breeze. 9th deck, run right up to pool or buffet.,I thought was pool deck, forgot it's on 10. Only once had a sideways cabin and felt like bed rocked head to toe, not my favorite. 

Did you miss rocking side to side?

I really liked the sideways cabins we had on our two Horizon cruises because of the extra space on each side of the bed, especially the left side.  The closet area also allowed our pop up hamper to be put in the corner out of the way, which was nice.

• Thanks 1

On 6/18/2021 at 1:52 PM, CruiseAF said:

I read somewhere that certain suites have access to Havana as well, is this correct?

We booked a Grande Suite and will have Havana access. Originally booked a Havana balcony but it was a tight corner room w/o a couch or seating area

Edited by pcolagirl

On 6/18/2021 at 1:52 PM, CruiseAF said:

I read somewhere that certain suites have access to Havana as well, is this correct?

The Presidential Suite on Mardi Gras and Celebration have access to the Havana pool. They'd more likely be booking Loft 19 Cabanas as the Havana pool is smaller than the Vista class ships.

On 6/18/2021 at 12:59 AM, SNJCruisers said:

I would do an inside on deck 5, specifically 5205 or 5208, the only two sideways cabins.  The bed is on the long wall instead of the short wall, giving you much more space on each side of the bed to maneuver. 

Funny you say that. We had one of the sideways cabins and were excited for something different. We hated the layout however. Dont get me wrong still the best cruise ever. We booked a cabana for our August cruise because of a crazy deal.