Protocols for Unvaccinated Guests on Freedom of the Seas cruises starting July 2

10 minutes ago, caniuseit said:

How is that Apparent?  That was a leap not supported by any comment I or anyone else made.

well, you said you would be unhappy if there was an outbreak by an unvaxx passenger.  ( " I will be an unhappy cruiser if there is an outbreak among the unvaccinated")
But no mention if it turned out to be a passenger that had been vaxx.  That was what my comment was about .  I would think there would be unhappiness no matter if the cruisers were vaxx or unvaxx.

Edited by Catnip
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Question - our large family traveling party has 1 child (age 4).  All adults are fully vaccinated but the little guy isn't.  Would that mean we would be restricted to only eating in the "unvaccinated dining area" with him, and all of our activities would be limited also?  

37 minutes ago, coldflame said:

While it looks like cumbersome, Royal is giving people fair warning and fair options:

Show vax proof? Cool. Welcome aboard. 

No proof? Fine, too, but you need to pay extra/pax for testing and face limits on board

Unhappy with those two? Fine, too. We'll give you a full refund.

Passengers who don’t want to pay for the additional testing or follow the newly announced protocols for the ship can cancel their trips for a full refund, Royal Caribbean said.

At least they are upfront about what to expect.  I doubt there will be any significant # of unvaxx passengers that want to wear a mask or incur extra expenses. 

Well, it will be interesting to say the least on how this is to play out. But I still think that the CDC requiring masks for cruise ships is going to hurt the passenger count be they vaccinated or non-vaccinated. People will wait until the CDC changes the rules.  

Watching the vids and looking at pictures of the Adventures first trip out it looks like a 'ghost ship'. While it might be fun for the 25%, that just doesn't seem like a fun cruise to me. Protocals every where you go. Everything you do. I expect the Freedom to have 25% or less capacity.  Not my kind of cruise. I'll wait it out. 

Edited by Goodtime Cruizin
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Hope someone has video's of this..........Nice $136 charge before stepping on the ship and then all the restrictions start. Better opting out looking for a land vacation.

I'm sure that is what Royal  is hoping for?

So is it like a game of chicken at the pier, to see who goes first.........Royal can not ask you if you had a vaccine.........what do you do just walk up to check in and show that you got vaccinated before anyone says anything to each other?

What a joke ! all because of Desantis.

We're sailing on MSC in October. They just released their protocols yesterday, which sound very much like RC. Vaccinated guests will be uploading a copy of their vaccination certificate, and required again to show it at the pier at check-in. They didn't say anything about a wristband or hole punch like RC has though. Been watching protocols on RC and Celebrity. 

1 minute ago, jules815 said:

We're sailing on MSC in October. They just released their protocols yesterday, which sound very much like RC. Vaccinated guests will be uploading a copy of their vaccination certificate, and required again to show it at the pier at check-in. They didn't say anything about a wristband or hole punch like RC has though. Been watching protocols on RC and Celebrity. 

Celebrity is sailing out of Caribbean ports?  They're vaccinated ships but not under the CSO, under Bahamian laws or whichever island nation they're sailing from.

RCI is planning to do it differently between its departure ports in Florida (unvaccinated) or anywhere else (vaccinated).

9 minutes ago, Catnip said:

well, you said you would be unhappy if there was an outbreak by an unvaxx passenger.  ( " I will be an unhappy cruiser if there is an outbreak among the unvaccinated")
But no mention if it turned out to be a passenger that had been vaxx.  That was what my comment was about .  I would think there would be unhappiness no matter if the cruisers were vaxx or unvaxx.

You already asked me that question and I answered it as straight forward as is possible.

Will you also be unhappy if there is an outbreak among the vaxx passengers (like over the last several days)?

Yes.  Of course. 

But nice try.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Hope someone has video's of this..........Nice $136 charge before stepping on the ship and then all the restrictions start. Better opting out looking for a land vacation.

I'm sure that is what Royal  is hoping for?

So is it like a game of chicken at the pier, to see who goes first.........Royal can not ask you if you had a vaccine.........what do you do just walk up to check in and show that you got vaccinated before anyone says anything to each other?

What a joke ! all because of Desantis.

Desantis isnt in control of the cdc and the 95%. ..

Just saw someone mom post this morning about my October cruise as if there were no vaccination rules. Not someone on cc obviously ..and several moms posting back. Believe it or not some dont have a clue yet that vaccinations for their kiddoes are even a problem. 

Far as I can tell they think well I was able to book my family so it's ok. .. wait until cruising resumes. 

1 hour ago, PTC DAWG said:

They can ask you to upload vaccine proof if you have it and want too...that’s the plan, I believe...

The RCI website provides that you must bring your vaccination proof with you to be presented at the port. That, or the results of your negative pre-cruise PCR test if you are unvaccinated.  Voluntary submittal of proof at the port is what Celebrity is doing, along with a pre-cruise acknowledgement online that you will provide proof of vaccine at boarding.  If you don't present it, you are considered unvaccinated.

• COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card OR Negative RT-PCR Test Result to board the ship, for guests 16 and over.

1 hour ago, koolZip said:

Silly question. One can be unhappy over any outbreak, but with unvaccinated people, the risk is higher.

Not to mention that the two cases on Millennium were only discovered because of routine testing required to return to port and were both asymptomatic.  Where RCI is going to be doing mid-cruise testing on unvaccinated passengers, and there is more likelihood of symptomatic cases amongst them, there is a much higher chance that cases could be found perhaps impacting the progress of the cruise.

Edited by harkinmr
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Catnip said:

Not silly at all.  Apparently there will only be unhappiness if an outbreak is caused by an unvaxx person, but won't be any uproar if more vaxx people keep showing up positive.  Got it!

Vaccinated passengers won't "show up" positive because no testing is required for them at any point during the cruise.  For unvaccinated passengers testing will be required mid-cruise.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

Vaccinated passengers won't "show up" positive because no testing is required for them at any point during the cruise.  For unvaccinated passengers testing will be required mid-cruise.

There lies the problem with someone showing up with a bogus vaccine information.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think RCI is doing the best they can do under the circumstances.

Nobody is being forced to do anything.

You can choose to voluntarily divulge vaccination status or not . Either way if you want to cruise, you may.

The protocols are there in black and white and you can choose to sail with them, or not.  

I like to have choices!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Jimbo said:

There lies the problem with someone showing up with a bogus vaccine information.

I think that's a recognized problem, but I'm not sure how big a one it is.  How many people do you think are actually going to try this?  I think those checking status at the port will learn/know how to spot a fake card.  You REALLY gotta want to cruise bad to try something that could land you in prison.

I guess the way it becomes a problem on the cruise is if they come on the ship infected and spread it to unvaccinated passengers who then exhibit symptoms and/or test positive during the cruise.  Not sure how RCI traces it back to a false vaccine proof, but if they do there will be consequences for that passenger and for the cruise line too.  If it happens frequently, they may have to start verifying vaccine status and that just opens up a whole other can of worms.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

How are they not asking for proof if there is a place on their site to download it to? This all BS !!

I think the idea is that you are volunteering the information in order to be in the group who must adhere to fewer protocols.

If you don’t want to or can’t, you don’t have to. You are not being denied service. You just have to submit to different protocols.

At least that is the way I understand it.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

So all familes can't eat with their unvaccinated kids?  People are going to just love that.........

Families can eat together in the unvaccinated section.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

So all familes can't eat with their unvaccinated kids?  People are going to just love that.........

Agree.  The cruise lines will find a way to "discourage" the unvaccinated while skirting the state law.

I have a feeling that some are just going to ignore the Florida law, require proof of vaccine, and have it go to court.    
And I think their chances are good that they will prevail.  They are just having to walk a tightrope between doing what is best for their business and their passengers and not hurting the fragile ego of the politicians who can inflict pain on them.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, caniuseit said:

I have a feeling that some are just going to ignore the Florida law, require proof of vaccine, and have it go to court.    
And I think their chances are good that they will prevail.  They are just having to walk a tightrope between doing what is best for their business and their passengers and not hurting the fragile ego of the politicians who can inflict pain on them.

See Norwegen Cruise Line

• Like 5