Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

Dumb first timer Medallion question......

• "Travel Checklist" shows all green except for #4 Arrival/Departure (yes, I feel special)
  • I chose my arrival group (Early)
  • I cannot choose my departure group...it says "Sorry! departure groups will be available closer to the start......."

Question:  Where do I see the confirmation that yes, you are in the arrival group (Early) you chose? 

And probably most importantly, does it really matter what group I am in for arrival?  If like other cruise line, they don't make you wait on the curb when you arrive? Right? 

Edited by FlaMariner

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

Microsoft Edge

Interesting.  I do not use EDGE, but of course it is on my PC.  I just opened it up and loaded Princess.com.  I clearly see the CHAT option at the bottom of the page.  I used CHROME and several have posted about it working there (and it does for me as well). 

I suppose you have cleared cookies and history by now in attempts to see if it works.  I have no idea unless you have an old version.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

• "Travel Checklist" shows all green except for #4 Arrival/Departure (yes, I feel special)
  • I cannot choose my departure group...it says "Sorry! departure groups will be available closer to the start......."

Question:  Where do I see the confirmation that yes, you are in the arrival group (Early) you chose? 

And probably most importantly, does it really matter what group I am in for arrival?  If like other cruise line, they don't make you wait on the curb when you arrive? Right? 

We were over an hour early for our arrival time in November due to the hotel shuttle schedule.  No problem at all.  It might be when/if they get back to full capacity.

I forget if you have previously mentioned when you cruise is, but HQ has previously announced it could be 20-30 days ahead they open up Arrival Group choices.  Several have reported seeing it sooner.

The Departure Group function is not implemented at this time and it is done on board. 

Beyond that, guests have been showing up when it is convenient for them and are processed thru check-in without any issues.

6 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

You don’t choose departure groups at tjis time.  You’ll do that on the ship.

Your confirmation of arrival group will show on your green box on top of the page, with a QR code once everything has been entered. Except the health questionnaire, which is done 24 hours before sailing.

14 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I forget if you have previously mentioned when you cruise is, but HQ has previously announced it could be 20-30 days ahead they open up Arrival Group choices.  Several have reported seeing it sooner.

The Departure Group function is not implemented at this time and it is done on board. 

Beyond that, guests have been showing up when it is convenient for them and are processed thru check-in without any issues.

We're 45 days out and set our Arrival Group a few days ago.  Never got to choose Departure Group.  It was assigned for us.

14 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

confirmation of arrival group will show on your green box on top of the page, with a QR code once everything has been entered

Thank you.

I think I have entered everything....All my "travel checklist" items are green except for "arrival & departure groups".......but

I don't see the "green box on top of the page, with a QR code once everything has been entered".....Should I at this point?  

Thank you.

I think I have entered everything....All my "travel checklist" items are green except for "arrival & departure groups".......but

I don't see the "green box on top of the page, with a QR code once everything has been entered".....Should I at this point?  

Not sure how far out you are?

2 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

Thank you.

I think Arrival Time was one of those items where the Confirm button was off the screen on my phone.  I had to scroll down to see it.

26 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I forget if you have previously mentioned when you cruise is, but HQ has previously announced it could be 20-30 days ahead they open up Arrival Group choices. 

51 days out and....

• arrival group I could select (but don't see it anywhere else and "arrival & departure groups" remains not green)
  • departure group I cannot choose (& know now that it's not working yet)

2 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

51 days out and....

• arrival group I could select (but don't see it anywhere else and "arrival & departure groups" remains not green)
  • departure group I cannot choose (& know now that it's not working yet)

The QR code and green box shows up on the top of the page anywhere 45-30 days

out.  Just recheck later.  
As we’ve stated the departure group is

not operational, you will get that once onboard.  Nothing for you to do ahead of time.

12 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

We're 45 days out and set our Arrival Group a few days ago.  Never got to choose Departure Group.  It was assigned for us.

Yes, but you can change it at Passenger Services.  It seems odd they are arbitrarily assigning them now.  I have read this in various "Live From" posts.

8 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Yes, but you can change it at Passenger Services.  It seems odd they are arbitrarily assigning them now.  I have read this in various "Live From" posts.

Our Departure Group never showed up on the app.  We found out from the disembark paperwork in our cabin.  Not a big deal.  We build in an extra travel day on both ends so it really doesn't matter much.

A Payment Methods question.  

We have 7 of us spread across 3 bookings/cabins.  DW and I in cabin 1, daughter and boyfriend in cabin 2,  granddaughters and daughter (their aunt) in cabin 3.  I put cabin 2 on their cc and cabin 1 and 2 on mine.  For cabin 2 I could add our daughter but could not add the granddaughter to their mother's cc.  I wonder if this is because they are under 18?

I told their mother that she could probably straighten this out with Passenger Services if she wants but since it doesn't affect green status I'll just leave it alone.

34 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

The QR code and green box shows up on the top of the page anywhere 45-30 days

out.  Just recheck later.  
As we’ve stated the departure group is

not operational, you will get that once onboard.  Nothing for you to do ahead of time.

Thanks PacnGoNow

15 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I wonder if the left hand knows what the right hand is doing...🤦‍♂️

When the agent scanned our medallions all the info he needed came up on his screen.  Unfortunately the passport scan he was looking at was somehow cut off.  The app showed it just fine.  What really annoyed me was that he would not accept our vax docs because they were paper.  When we got vaxxed Walgreen's didn't have the cards yet so that's what we got.  He had to go 2 rungs up the food chain to get confirmation that ours were ok.  Then we had to go to another agent to rescan out passports.  It only added about 15 minutes to the process so no bigee.  

16 hours ago, Daniel A said:

My Windows 10 has everything you show except the blue Live Chat box.  I don't need it but it isn't showing up for everybody.

Look in bottom right corner you will see an arrow to show the extra line with Chat button

image.png.eba70cd406aec0d217c08bf89357f05e.png