Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

How can you purchase Internet via Chat?  I thought they would not take a CC via Chat.

They tell my PVP & she has my 'real' credit card on file to autopay balances due. 

I was a MC user pre-Covid as well. 

I was a MedallionNet user in 12/2019 but wasn't a MedallionClass crusier until 8/2021. Unfortunately I had to revert back to MedallionNet use in 12/2021.

As for boarding pass, just show up at the terminal at your convenience with documents and don't need a BP.

I have been told by Princess that my boarding pass won't show Priority & Health Assessment completed if not in the Green Lane. I hope you are correct and they are wrong

It's much easier with a PC.  If you reply with what you want for a poll, I can create it on your behalf.

Informal poll regarding Ocean Ready Travel Checklist Steps 1-5 completion within 30 days of embarkation: 

□IPhone no issues

□IPhone with issues

□Android no issues

□Android with issues

Edited by Ombud
Added within 30 days as that's when arrival times can be picked
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Wow.  That will be tough to answer since my interaction with MC App goes back to the launch.  And I was a MC user pre-Covid as well. 

High-Level summary as best as I can recall:

1. Deleted all of the old separate Apps and installed new MC App.
  2. We had existing bookings in Cruise Personalizer, so I was impacted by the data conversion issues.  I don't recall all of the issues in the Personal Info and Checklist.  I don't recall having login issues which many had.
  3. Our bookings were a B2B2B, plus a single cruise several days later.
  4. I did contact Princess team about data conversion issues and someone made a fix behind the scene and things improved greatly IIRC.
  5. I was able to clean up our personal info - some of which was a carry forward from previous voyages.
  6. Along the way, I sent feedback to OCEAN team concerning data issues or bugs in various screens.
  7. Had no issues with Passport scan entry and changing a Profile photo.
  8. Found out at some point that Arrival Groups was not going to be active until close to sail date.

In early June, 2021, Princess released DMW.  That became an adventure as it went through three different versions/presentations of the booking process.

1. Not long after DMW was released, I wrote several members of Princess sr mgmt team outlining the many problems with MC App, what I thought of the technology, the design/function, behaviors when attempting to do things.  I received communication back from one of them and had a phone dialog or two.
  2. I had further correspondence concerning Internet plans and pricing.  
  3. I had further correspondence in regards to what they were doing about TD and DMW.
  4. When DWM morphed into the presentation you see now, I had difficulty booking same table and time for full voyage for the B2B2B and get a Private Table including us and our two friends as Travel Companions. 
  5. I never had an issue from Day 1 with our separate single voyage in terms of getting a Private Table (original version was a 4-top specified).  This remained true through a re-fare/re-book or anytime I checked on reservations.
  6. For the B2B2B, I believe someone at Princess stepped in and did something undefined to me to clean up dining res data - not sure.  Things got better at one point, except we still had a couple of nights where DMW was splitting us up to separate tables. 
  7. In the last MC App release, some DMW items were addressed.  IDK if they removed or cleaned out any reservations or not.  I went in and deleted all 25 nights and then worked the App to re-book.  Right after that last release, DMW would spin forever attempting to book for full voyage and would come back with nothing found and try later.  Persistence paid off and I now have a full voyage booking at our desired time and a Private table for the four of us.
  8. Immediately after that, space started to disappear again and first it was some Split tables, and then the time slot was full for on of the legs.  Ever since the start, DMW has only offered a single DR for our voyages on Regal (Oct 2022).
  9. I think only once did someone on the OCEAN team touch one of our nights and it caused me to delete all and start over because it was like a single night override and that is a different res type than a full voyage res for same table.
  10. Before the latest DMW release, I could pretend to book SD and it would recognize our credits and apply them, except for the first leg of the B2B2B.  Since the last release, it is weird since it doesn't recognize them for some nights in a certain leg and does recognize another time.  I have reported this behavior and my testing/results.  I am not looking to book SD ahead of time.

I certainly have issues with the design and implementation of MC App and DMW in particular.  But, our data is good, our dining is good - just waiting for them to implement the Internet feature that will recognize our status and only charge us the 50% net cost.

WOW!  Quite a detailed answer...👍

On 1/15/2022 at 1:24 PM, capriccio said:

We have a cruise on the Enchanted Princess leaving from Fort Lauderdale on March 10th.  I was able to book our Arrival Group on January 10.  I might have been able to do it a week earlier but we were on the CB and I didn't even think to try.  We are elite and are traveling with my brothers and spouses (one is platinum and the other is Gold or Ruby).  I thought that might make a difference but they were able to pick their group the same day when I told them to give it a try.

Just an update.  After we all were successfully registered for Group A two weeks ago, I logged onto the Medallion App today and noticed that neither I nor my DH had an arrival group.  Of course in the intervening 2 weeks Group A has filled up and the earliest we could get is Group B.  I quickly asked both brothers to check and see that they hadn't 'lost' their arrival times.  They had not.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, capriccio said:

Just an update.  After we all were successfully registered for Group A two weeks ago, I logged onto the Medallion App today and noticed that neither I nor my DH had an arrival group.  Of course in the intervening 2 weeks Group A has filled up and the earliest we could get is Group B.  I quickly asked both brothers to check and see that they hadn't 'lost' their arrival times.  They had not.

I'm still hanging on Jan Swartz's words on the very first Return to Sea voyage.  Those of us with priority boarding can show up when it is convenient or early in order to enjoy our priority boarding.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I'm still hanging on Jan Swartz's words on the very first Return to Sea voyage.  Those of us with priority boarding can show up when it is convenient or early in order to enjoy our priority boarding.

Has worked so far for us during the restart.

I have never gotten a robocall from Princess or any cruise line.  Today I got 2 - first on my cell then on my landline.   They purport to be from Princess then launch into a notice that items in the medallion app have not been completed.  The call seems to have enough general knowledge to sound credible but gives no specifics.  It ends with an instruction to select '1' to acknowledge.

Fat chance.  The 'voice' sounded a heck of a lot like the one used for the infamous IRS and Social Security calls.  So I just hung up.  I'm green lane anyway.

I opened an independent thread for this as well.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, cltnccruisers said:

I have never gotten a robocall from Princess or any cruise line.  Today I got 2 - first on my cell then on my landline.   They purport to be from Princess then launch into a notice that items in the medallion app have not been completed.  The call seems to have enough general knowledge to sound credible but gives no specifics.  It ends with an instruction to select '1' to acknowledge.

Fat chance.  The 'voice' sounded a heck of a lot like the one used for the infamous IRS and Social Security calls.  So I just hung up.  I'm green lane anyway.

I opened an independent thread for this as well.

The responses on the thread I started run towards it being legit.  If it is, Princess needs to replace the fifth grader that created it and get something a bit more professional.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have to say that Team 3 of Ocean Medallion IT resolved the issues today involving b2b’s not meshing and disappearing from the App.  

I’m not sure what Team 3 is, unless it’s an escalation scale.

Regardless, my middle b2b has returned and all is meshed again.  Yeah!

This was happening after changes were made on the b2b’s from rebooking the

dates.

I can now request the DMW and internet 

on these without any problems.

If you were affected by similar issues due to changes on b2b’s, check yours now.

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

I have to say that Team 3 of Ocean Medallion IT resolved the issues today involving b2b’s not meshing and disappearing from the App.  

I’m not sure what Team 3 is, unless it’s an escalation scale.

Regardless, my middle b2b has returned and all is meshed again.  Yeah!

This was happening after changes were made on the b2b’s from rebooking the

dates.

I can now request the DMW and internet 

on these without any problems.

If you were affected by similar issues due to changes on b2b’s, check yours now.

3 minutes ago, Ramjet1997 said:

How do we contact these “teams”-? I cannot show my future cruises on the app…..only the next one is showing….when I try to add my other bookings, the message reads that they already part of my journey?

Yes, because they are hidden. They fixed mine.  Did you delete the app and reinstall it?

email

askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

2 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Yes, because they are hidden. They fixed mine.  Did you delete the app and reinstall it?

email

askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

10 minutes ago, Ramjet1997 said:

How do we contact these “teams”-? I cannot show my future cruises on the app…..only the next one is showing….when I try to add my other bookings, the message reads that they already part of my journey?

Also, if your leaving soon put that out front in the message.

They need your booking no that is missing and any info you can give them.

Let us know…

On 1/24/2022 at 11:41 AM, Steelers36 said:

Wow.  That will be tough to answer since my interaction with MC App goes back to the launch.  And I was a MC user pre-Covid as well. 

High-Level summary as best as I can recall:

1. Deleted all of the old separate Apps and installed new MC App.
  2. We had existing bookings in Cruise Personalizer, so I was impacted by the data conversion issues.  I don't recall all of the issues in the Personal Info and Checklist.  I don't recall having login issues which many had.
  3. Our bookings were a B2B2B, plus a single cruise several days later.
  4. I did contact Princess team about data conversion issues and someone made a fix behind the scene and things improved greatly IIRC.
  5. I was able to clean up our personal info - some of which was a carry forward from previous voyages.
  6. Along the way, I sent feedback to OCEAN team concerning data issues or bugs in various screens.
  7. Had no issues with Passport scan entry and changing a Profile photo.
  8. Found out at some point that Arrival Groups was not going to be active until close to sail date.

In early June, 2021, Princess released DMW.  That became an adventure as it went through three different versions/presentations of the booking process.

1. Not long after DMW was released, I wrote several members of Princess sr mgmt team outlining the many problems with MC App, what I thought of the technology, the design/function, behaviors when attempting to do things.  I received communication back from one of them and had a phone dialog or two.
  2. I had further correspondence concerning Internet plans and pricing.  
  3. I had further correspondence in regards to what they were doing about TD and DMW.
  4. When DWM morphed into the presentation you see now, I had difficulty booking same table and time for full voyage for the B2B2B and get a Private Table including us and our two friends as Travel Companions. 
  5. I never had an issue from Day 1 with our separate single voyage in terms of getting a Private Table (original version was a 4-top specified).  This remained true through a re-fare/re-book or anytime I checked on reservations.
  6. For the B2B2B, I believe someone at Princess stepped in and did something undefined to me to clean up dining res data - not sure.  Things got better at one point, except we still had a couple of nights where DMW was splitting us up to separate tables. 
  7. In the last MC App release, some DMW items were addressed.  IDK if they removed or cleaned out any reservations or not.  I went in and deleted all 25 nights and then worked the App to re-book.  Right after that last release, DMW would spin forever attempting to book for full voyage and would come back with nothing found and try later.  Persistence paid off and I now have a full voyage booking at our desired time and a Private table for the four of us.
  8. Immediately after that, space started to disappear again and first it was some Split tables, and then the time slot was full for on of the legs.  Ever since the start, DMW has only offered a single DR for our voyages on Regal (Oct 2022).
  9. I think only once did someone on the OCEAN team touch one of our nights and it caused me to delete all and start over because it was like a single night override and that is a different res type than a full voyage res for same table.
  10. Before the latest DMW release, I could pretend to book SD and it would recognize our credits and apply them, except for the first leg of the B2B2B.  Since the last release, it is weird since it doesn't recognize them for some nights in a certain leg and does recognize another time.  I have reported this behavior and my testing/results.  I am not looking to book SD ahead of time.

I certainly have issues with the design and implementation of MC App and DMW in particular.  But, our data is good, our dining is good - just waiting for them to implement the Internet feature that will recognize our status and only charge us the 50% net cost.

How much an hour did you invoice them?

• Haha 1

Question: Why I cannot seem to get the app to acknowledge our acknowledgement of the passenger contract? Got everything else done and currently @ step 2 of 4. Blue lane. Our cruise is in 68 days. 

Should I take the app out and reinstall it? I had orginally installed it 3 months ago.

9 minutes ago, greenie082756 said:

Question: Why I cannot seem to get the app to acknowledge our acknowledgement of the passenger contract? Got everything else done and currently @ step 2 of 4. Blue lane. Our cruise is in 68 days. 

Should I take the app out and reinstall it? I had orginally installed it 3 months ago.

I have had a few things where the SAVE button is not visible unless you scroll down beyond what appears on screen.  I don't recall if this is one but you might want to try before doing anything drastic.

26 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

I have had a few things where the SAVE button is not visible unless you scroll down beyond what appears on screen.  I don't recall if this is one but you might want to try before doing anything drastic.

There have been many instances where 'Save' is greyed out until you put +1 in Country Code for your phone number.

3 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

There have been many instances where 'Save' is greyed out until you put +1 in Country Code for your phone number.

Yeah, +1 was an interesting one.  I wonder how many coders with different styles had their hands in this app.  A cruise ship load I'll bet.  😀

50 minutes ago, greenie082756 said:

Do you mean the Passage Contract?  You should just have to select the passenger, scroll down and check the I confirm boxes then hit ACCEPT.  If you have more than 1 passenger you have to do it for each, of course.

1 hour ago, greenie082756 said:

Should I take the app out and reinstall it? I had originally installed it 3 months ago.

Yes, reinstall or update since the App has had several updates in the past 3 mths - typically, once per month.  They aren't going to offer support if you aren't up to date.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Yes, reinstall or update since the App has had several updates in the past 3 mths - typically, once per month.  They aren't going to offer support if you aren't up to date.

Good point on the support.  Haven't applied an update for a couple of months.  But we're all green for the March cruise so I think I'll let sleeping dogs lie. 😀

• Like 1

Hello all -  Hoping some very smart Tech people on here will know the answers to my question.  

I have an I-Phone X (10?) .  I am eligible to get a free I-Phone 13 Pro.  Does anyone know if my apps, including the Medallion app, will transfer over to the new phone?  I have everything completed on the App, including same dining time and restaurant each night and boarding group A.  I am worried if I get the new phone I will lose everything !  What do you think?  I hate to miss out on the free phone, but don't want to lose everything in the App.  We leave on our cruise in 6 weeks.  

Thanks very much for any help and info !!!