Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

SAKay:

Enjoy your new phone!  All the data is stored on the server side - the phone app just displays it and lets you send new choices to the server.  Everything will still be on the server side when you change. 

You’ll love the 13Pro.  The camera is ah-may-zing.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SAKay said:

Hello all -  Hoping some very smart Tech people on here will know the answers to my question.  

I have an I-Phone X (10?) .  I am eligible to get a free I-Phone 13 Pro.  Does anyone know if my apps, including the Medallion app, will transfer over to the new phone?  I have everything completed on the App, including same dining time and restaurant each night and boarding group A.  I am worried if I get the new phone I will lose everything !  What do you think?  I hate to miss out on the free phone, but don't want to lose everything in the App.  We leave on our cruise in 6 weeks.  

Thanks very much for any help and info !!!

I upgraded from an old iPhone 6 to an iPhone SE.  Everything was transferred.  Your data is not stored on the iphone.  The app is just a frontend and connects to the servers where your data is stored.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SAKay said:

Hello all -  Hoping some very smart Tech people on here will know the answers to my question.  

I have an I-Phone X (10?) .  I am eligible to get a free I-Phone 13 Pro.  Does anyone know if my apps, including the Medallion app, will transfer over to the new phone?  I have everything completed on the App, including same dining time and restaurant each night and boarding group A.  I am worried if I get the new phone I will lose everything !  What do you think?  I hate to miss out on the free phone, but don't want to lose everything in the App.  We leave on our cruise in 6 weeks.  

Thanks very much for any help and info !!!

Two separate questions. The phone App does not store any information, so you will not lose anything. It is just like accessing Medallion data via an iPad versus an iPhone. They both go to your account at Princess where data is stored.

Not sure about transfer of Apps, you may need to download apps to new phone. You should also look at transferring the SIM card from old phone to new phone. More experienced Apple folk will respond. There is also the Apple store for help.

7 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Two separate questions. The phone App does not store any information, so you will not lose anything. It is just like accessing Medallion data via an iPad versus an iPhone. They both go to your account at Princess where data is stored.

Not sure about transfer of Apps, you may need to download apps to new phone. You should also look at transferring the SIM card from old phone to new phone. More experienced Apple folk will respond. There is also the Apple store for help.

When I replaced my i6 with an SE just for the app store personnel transferred everything from the i6 to the SE and did a Cloud backup.  I sort of knew how to do it but decided to play dumb old man instead.  Some folks would say it wasn't an act.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Yes, reinstall or update since the App has had several updates in the past 3 mths - typically, once per month.  They aren't going to offer support if you aren't up to date.

Well, that was the correct answer. I just reinstalled and now all is good!

Thanks for you help!

• Like 2

On 1/24/2022 at 11:41 AM, Steelers36 said:
  1. When DWM morphed into the presentation you see now, I had difficulty booking same table and time for full voyage for the B2B2B and get a Private Table including us and our two friends as Travel Companions. 
  2. I never had an issue from Day 1 with our separate single voyage in terms of getting a Private Table (original version was a 4-top specified).  This remained true through a re-fare/re-book or anytime I checked on reservations.
  3. For the B2B2B, I believe someone at Princess stepped in and did something undefined to me to clean up dining res data - not sure.  Things got better at one point, except we still had a couple of nights where DMW was splitting us up to separate tables. 
  4. In the last MC App release, some DMW items were addressed.  IDK if they removed or cleaned out any reservations or not.  I went in and deleted all 25 nights and then worked the App to re-book.  Right after that last release, DMW would spin forever attempting to book for full voyage and would come back with nothing found and try later.  Persistence paid off and I now have a full voyage booking at our desired time and a Private table for the four of us.
  5. Immediately after that, space started to disappear again and first it was some Split tables, and then the time slot was full for on of the legs.  Ever since the start, DMW has only offered a single DR for our voyages on Regal (Oct 2022).

Now I know who is responsible for DMY now just showing LOADING... for hours on end. Thanks Steeler

Edited by brisalta
  • Haha 1

Posting info from another thread by @CTGirl.  

I tried to purchase internet on the app two days ago but had a problem. I called Princess and was charged the full price. I didn’t have a problem with that as I knew I would get half back once on the ship. But then I had to call Princess again about an hour later. During my conversation I mentioned that I had just paid full price for he internet. The woman I was talking to said that Princess now has the ability to recognize loyalty levels. She said it was brand new and all she had to do was apply the right code. She refunded me my first payment and recharged me at half the price.

The above is great news as we have a way now to only be billed the net 50% cost.  Perhaps the next MC App update will have this as well.  (Wishful thinking???).  Anyway, something to look for in the next release as this was something they were working on for the App.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Has anyone else had this problem I been working on for 2 wks or know of a fix.  I download the medallion app onto my moto e5 phone and that goes well but once I open it and it fully loads it just closes. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it via data and Wi-Fi with same results. I have been trying to contact Princess via phone and email with no success and google searches have come up empty. 

13 minutes ago, Adam/ said:

Has anyone else had this problem I been working on for 2 wks or know of a fix.  I download the medallion app onto my moto e5 phone and that goes well but once I open it and it fully loads it just closes. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it via data and Wi-Fi with same results. I have been trying to contact Princess via phone and email with no success and google searches have come up empty. 

The Medallion Class APP may not be compatible?

It shows on the APP the compatibility:

Compatibility
iphone
Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
iPad
Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
iPod touch

You could send an email to the IT Team

and ask.  

Askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

They respond by email.  Make sure to include your date of travel, if you’re leaving soon, as they work by date of travel.

Edited by PacnGoNow

7 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Posting info from another thread by @CTGirl.  

I tried to purchase internet on the app two days ago but had a problem. I called Princess and was charged the full price. I didn’t have a problem with that as I knew I would get half back once on the ship. But then I had to call Princess again about an hour later. During my conversation I mentioned that I had just paid full price for he internet. The woman I was talking to said that Princess now has the ability to recognize loyalty levels. She said it was brand new and all she had to do was apply the right code. She refunded me my first payment and recharged me at half the price.

The above is great news as we have a way now to only be billed the net 50% cost.  Perhaps the next MC App update will have this as well.  (Wishful thinking???).  Anyway, something to look for in the next release as this was something they were working on for the App.

Oh that's exciting. Thanks for the updated infor.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rkellercv said:

after tapping health status on app, I get loading followed by white screen for hours,  same with arrival and departure groups

I don’t see you got an answer?  Only thing that helped my white screen was to

delete app and reinstall.  You won’t lose anything.

You are prob too close to select the boarding group anyway. Just go to the terminal

whatever time works for you.  They will help.

.  If you can do the health questionnaire…,do that.

If all else  fails…don’t worry…just go to the port and tell them the App went screwy and they will take care of you.

So, it takes a few mote minutes…

not to worry.

Make sure you have your passport,

covid test results, vax card, and travel summary would be helpful or your booking number, medallion if you received it.  

Good luck to you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

The Medallion Class APP may not be compatible?

It shows on the APP the compatibility:

Compatibility
iphone
iPad
Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
iPod touch

You could send an email to the IT Team

and ask.  

Askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

They respond by email.  Make sure to include your date of travel, if you’re leaving soon, as they work by date of travel.

Thank you for the reply, I did not see that it was only compatible with apple products only on the download page. Yes that is the same email address I used for my two emails. We are still 90 days out from our cruise but am not the kind of person who like to wait until the last minute to address a problem. I also have the question out to Princess if its really needed and I am hoping the answer is no!

2 hours ago, Adam/ said:

Thank you for the reply, I did not see that it was only compatible with apple products only on the download page. Yes that is the same email address I used for my two emails. We are still 90 days out from our cruise but am not the kind of person who like to wait until the last minute to address a problem. I also have the question out to Princess if its really needed and I am hoping the answer is no!

It is compatible with Android as well of course, but IDK about your specific phone.  

ETA:  @Adam/, my research says this is a low-end phone from 2018.  It is possible this phone does not support MC App.  What level of Android OS are you on?  I think you need to be sure the device will support MC App.

Edited by Steelers36

9 hours ago, Adam/ said:

They say that it should be online their website one of these days.  But, don’t have any idea if that will be anytime soon.

So, do you have anyone in your family,

with a compatible phone, ipad etc that could complete the App requirements for you?  If not, don’t worry, as many guests have just gone to the port and let the checkin desk do it.

If it were me, I’d do what I can online with the cruise personalizer and after final payment, I would call Princess and see what else they could do ahead of time for me.  Like purchasing the internet, dining time, boarding time (about 30 days out), 

etc. 

Then just do the rest at the port.  Of course, make sure to have all docs at the port.  You can print out your luggage tags and Travel summary online on the cruise personalizer.

13 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

It is compatible with Android as well of course, but IDK about your specific phone.  

ETA:  @Adam/, my research says this is a low-end phone from 2018.  It is possible this phone does not support MC App.  What level of Android OS are you on?  I think you need to be sure the device will support MC App.

Have not idea when this version of phone came out, purchased it 18 months ago. I did find this link to what phone are compatible and mine is listed as compatible motoe5 go - Rjames_go. The version under about phone is listed as Android 8.1.0 .  

We do not have any other phones and only use this one a couple of times a year when on extended in the county trips. Rest of the time we have no use for it. I am going to try again to call princess to see what there back up plan is. I figured out how to search this site and found ever so much info but most is 6 months old so probably not the lastest is how things are progressing.  I also found this video but again it was put out back in Aug 2022 so things may of changed. 

2 hours ago, Adam/ said:

Have not idea when this version of phone came out, purchased it 18 months ago. I did find this link to what phone are compatible and mine is listed as compatible motoe5 go - Rjames_go. The version under about phone is listed as Android 8.1.0 .  

We do not have any other phones and only use this one a couple of times a year when on extended in the county trips. Rest of the time we have no use for it. I am going to try again to call princess to see what there back up plan is. I figured out how to search this site and found ever so much info but most is 6 months old so probably not the lastest is how things are progressing.  I also found this video but again it was put out back in Aug 2022 so things may of changed. 

I cannot recall the exact minimum level of Android OS supported by Princess MC App.  My phone is Android 11.  Release 8 is likely too old.  You may have recently bought the phone, but it was released in 2018.  I suggest you write the OCEAN support team - AskOceanMedallion@carnival.com - and see what they can do to help.  If you cannot access the App, you can still cruise by showing up at the port with all of your id and Covid vax proof and test documents. 

Another option is if you have friend or family with a newer phone and use it temporarily just to get registered.  It is also possible Princess will FINALLY release the website version they have been working on for months now.  If you cannot or do not access the App, you won't be able to pre-book dining reservations, but you will be able to dine and can book on board if desired.

41 minutes ago, Roberto256 said:

I cannot recall the exact minimum level of Android OS supported by Princess MC App. 

Doesn’t the Android play store tell you that?  In the apple app store in a section called information is a drop down for compatibility which shows ios requirements.