Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

@Steelers36 @PacnGoNow @Ombud Thank you again for your suggestions! I finally got a call this afternoon from someone at Princess who took notes about all of the issues I've encountered with the MedallionClass App and is in a position to move it forward. Please know how much I appreciate the guidance you each provided! 👏

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, kamelia said:

@Steelers36 @PacnGoNow @Ombud Thank you again for your suggestions! I finally got a call this afternoon from someone at Princess who took notes about all of the issues I've encountered with the MedallionClass App and is in a position to move it forward. Please know how much I appreciate the guidance you each provided! 👏

Yeah!!

Your phone supports Android 8 (Oreo) which is the lowest version listed as compatible. In theory it "should" work. My phone is running Android 12 and I had major issues until I contacted the Medallion team. They fixed my stuff in a day.

2 hours ago, t&atravel said:

Doesn’t the Android play store tell you that?  In the apple app store in a section called information is a drop down for compatibility which shows ios requirements.

I went back and do not see any drop down called information. Just the message "This app is available for your device"  Some where in the many post I read someone said you need version 8 or higher but I have not seen anything on this from an official medallionclass site. 

The good news is I got a call back from Princess today while at work. It was a fellow to help me with my app. I told him what it was doing. He had me open the app and after the normal for me 3 mins of load time then it just disappeared , he was unsure where to go but said he could get me "Green lined" over the phone but unfortunately I do not have my passports at work so he is having me email photos of them along with our photos and he is going to get it all set up. He is having me send the info to the same email I have been using to request help. AskOceanMedallion@carnival.com 

He is also going to call back sometime on Wed to make sure its all done properly. So this all sounds encouraging and hope it really does move forward that easily. 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Adam/ said:

I went back and do not see any drop down called information. Just the message "This app is available for your device"  Some where in the many post I read someone said you need version 8 or higher but I have not seen anything on this from an official medallionclass site.

From the download page in the Google Play Store:

image.png.270842b416e329795948094c1697fb2b.png

21 hours ago, t&atravel said:

Doesn’t the Android play store tell you that?  In the apple app store in a section called information is a drop down for compatibility which shows ios requirements.

I didn't post what you quoted, it was Mr. Steelers36.

This is what the play store says (which says it supports Android 8):

image.png.49876068540070abbd994a1ddf72fa72.png

If y'all are sporting a phone running Android 8.x it's time to upgrade your phone - 8.1 was released dec 2017 - over 4 years ago.  It's crazy for them to support such an ancient phone OS. I'm curious, those of you sporting that - when did you get your last security update?

8 minutes ago, CruiseVA said:

If y'all are sporting a phone running Android 8.x it's time to upgrade your phone - 8.1 was released dec 2017 - over 4 years ago.  It's crazy for them to support such an ancient phone OS. I'm curious, those of you sporting that - when did you get your last security update?

What's a security update???  🤷‍♂️  My flip phone doesn't have that option... 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I think "we" have solved ALL of the Medallion Class issues.  Time to start Part 4 (Part 3 is 86 pages long).  What should the new title read?  Posters are now reaching deep into their treasure chests to find "interesting" things to post.

Pre-Boarding/Ocean Medallion App/Ocean Ready Profile - Part 4: 

(to be separated from Journey View/onboard app).

Step #1:  Forget the app and take all of your paper work down to the terminal.  Problem solved (Part 1, 2, and 3).

Step #2:  Get on board and order your first drink with the Ocean Now app while you watch the required muster station drill on your updated mobile device.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, CruiseVA said:

Crazy, or not ... the requirements in the Play Store say the app works with Android 8.

Therefore it should.

On the otherhand, the description implies that the app works.

This is probably the part that should be corrected.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Ombud said:

20 emails later & another bump up a fix-it tier, all credit cards have been removed 😁. Then I put my current one in and I'm in the GREEN LANE

Either start driving to the port, or print your QR code NOW!

If Puxatawney-Phil sees his shadow, you might drop out of the green lane.

Or, maybe if he doesn't see his shadow...

• Haha 2

I was able to get this all set up and working on a previous booking but now that I have rebooked I can't even get into the travel checklist or add a payment method or anything. If I try to get into travel checklist it says nothing is linked (even though I used my booking number to login) and if I try to link it by reentering the booking number nothing happens. I just get a blank screen when I try to go into payment method. Anyone else run into this? I got ahold of someone on chat and they said that "they are aware of it and working on it" - seems like an odd coincidence that it stopped working exactly when my booking got redone though. I've tried reinstalling the app and all that which did not help the situation. No issues doing stuff on the website that they allow us to do on the website though.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, grizzle-bizzle said:

I was able to get this all set up and working on a previous booking but now that I have rebooked I can't even get into the travel checklist or add a payment method or anything. If I try to get into travel checklist it says nothing is linked (even though I used my booking number to login) and if I try to link it by reentering the booking number nothing happens. I just get a blank screen when I try to go into payment method. Anyone else run into this? I got ahold of someone on chat and they said that "they are aware of it and working on it" - seems like an odd coincidence that it stopped working exactly when my booking got redone though. I've tried reinstalling the app and all that which did not help the situation. No issues doing stuff on the website that they allow us to do on the website though.

Yes, absolutely have experienced it when changes to b2b’s.

Are these b2b’s?

Do you see the date on the app, left side of the screen?  Click on your picture top left.

When did you make changes?

Edited by PacnGoNow

18 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Are these b2b’s?

Do you see the date on the app, left side of the screen?  Click on your picture top left.

If you just rebooked, it takes a couple of days for the booking to mesh into the App. 
I know you deleted and reinstalled but you may need to wait until your booking shows up.  Then, delete and reinstall.

Go to cruise personalizer, make sure you go through each booking, and do everything you can do on there is completed, like the acceptance of contract for each person,  acceptance of insurance, if you have purchased it, etc.

It does not help to reinstall until the new booking is meshed with the App.  Also, clear your cache on your phone or ipad.

Then, go back…reinstall.  You should see the booking no…(takes about 2 days)

click on your pic, then the date of the cruise you are working on.  Travel checklist, personal information….

your address, email, partial phone no may have disappeared.

Change phone to show +1  on any phone numbers if its not there, add email & 

home address, if missing.

Now, go through all of your items 

and add back in if missing, like travel

info, health etc

If this doesn’t Work…email IT and explain the issue.  I have dine this about 5-6 times with changes, rebookings etc.  Chat can’t help with the IT issues but you can email IT.

AskOceanMedallion@carnival.com

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1

For those who can't get their phone to behave w/the Medallion app or who don't want to buy a new phone just for that...

I saw a post here earlier (can't remember who) that said to get a Chrome book. Well, I needed a new laptop (old one is HEAVY and has Win8 on it). Got one on Amazon for ~ $350. The app works, no fuss, no muss. All my apps work (so far) with a couple of exceptions that I don't care about.

Glad I did it.😁

4 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

For those who can't get their phone to behave w/the Medallion app or who don't want to buy a new phone just for that...

I saw a post here earlier (can't remember who) that said to get a Chrome book. Well, I needed a new laptop (old one is HEAVY and has Win8 on it). Got one on Amazon for ~ $350. The app works, no fuss, no muss. All my apps work (so far) with a couple of exceptions that I don't care about.

Glad I did it.😁

That’s good to know.  

My only issue is b2b’s and making changes to them.  IT knows and has many issues with b2b’s.  They have made a few fixes, but changes are still an issue.

I have a new iphone with all updates, and I have no problems at all with my single bookings for the next 2 years.

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Are these b2b’s?

This is just a single 7-day replacing the same itinerary I already had set up in the app. I see the date and ship and port in there but the cabin number is missing even though it's on my booking. I guess I'll wait a couple days and see if it resolves on its own. 

8 minutes ago, grizzle-bizzle said:

This is just a single 7-day replacing the same itinerary I already had set up in the app. I see the date and ship and port in there but the cabin number is missing even though it's on my booking. I guess I'll wait a couple days and see if it resolves on its own. 

If your cabin no is missing ….

that is the old booking.  You can’t do anything with it.

Wait a couple of days.  Your new one will show up with a cabin no.

Then start from scratch going through the travel checklist.  You should be good to go.

Tonna

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, grizzle-bizzle said:

That’s the old booking if there's no cabin no.

Give it a couple of days.  You’ll see a cabin number once the new booking has been meshed.  Then start over for the new booking, with the travel checklist, just as you did before.

You should be good to go.

Tonna

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

Either start driving to the port, or print your QR code NOW!

If Puxatawney-Phil sees his shadow, you might drop out of the green lane.

Or, maybe if he doesn't see his shadow...

Oh crap bad visa# just showed up. Still green but 🤬