Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

9 hours ago, VibeGuy said:

Once again, the preboarding OM app experience is a gigantic screwup. 

booked another B2B on Ruby, direct with Princess.  Second sailing shows up, first one doesn’t, says it’s already linked.  

It’s a shame I don’t want to go back to work-work.   This is the kind of high-visibility stuff I love working on for executive sponsors. 

I reported this several times.  It takes a few days for it to show up and to mesh on the App.  B2b’s seem to be the issue.

Especially, if you change your b2b’s or add to them!

If yours do not straighten up soon…after a few days…. Email them

askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

Put your departure date at the top of the email.

Hope this helps.

Tonna

1 hour ago, Grego said:

Sorry you are having a bad experience with the pre-boarding app experience.  We had no issues at all with the last two experiences in November and late December and don't see a problem with our upcoming February booking.  All future bookings are installed through July and, again, with no issues.

I guess you can't blame the app entirely if it does work for most of us.

As the next two posts after yours indicate (above this post), there have been multitude of issues with B2B's.  Not the same thing as voyages separated by time gaps and not linked in Princess POLAR system.

• Thanks 1

I do not think I am being unreasonable expecting the app to work as advertised.  Since 5/5/21, I have continued to run headlong into game-stopping issues, I continue to report the details using the various sources I have been told to utilize, I continue to hear variations of, "it shouldn't be like this - I will report it - give it a few days and" either a) "it will be fixed" or b) "someone will get back to you."  Over 18 months later a) it has not been fixed and b) no one has gotten back to me.  

We booked a 7-day Caribbean cruise yesterday.  I opened the current version app on my current version device and while the app shows the number of days until this next cruise correctly, when I attempt to do any of the steps to get checked in, it goes into an infinite spin.  My Travel Companion does not show up as going with me.  The cruise does not show up in My Journeys when he logs into the app either using the log-in or quick access options, and check-in is "incomplete" for him when I look at the reservation online.  At least there's some consistency in that none of our upcoming 8 cruises show in My Journeys in his app and all of the reservations online show his check-in status as incomplete.

I am trying to keep a positive outlook towards this, and I will say that everyone I have dealt with, with one exception, has been very pleasant and seemingly genuine in reassuring me that it will get fixed, AND at least Princess has finally stopped sending "helpful" emails reminding me that if I don't complete the check-in process using my MedallionClass app, I run the risk of being denied boarding at the port.  

If I am required to use the app to complete the task, then give me an app that is capable of doing so.  Right now, the MedallionClass app does not work - reliably for everyone - the way it has been hyped.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kamelia said:

I am trying to keep a positive outlook towards this,

Ditto and we are first time Princess folks...and the app is not a good introduction and welcome for us.

The help from CC Princess veterans has kept us from throwing in the towel and saying just forget it.....

• Like 4

FlaMariner:

Once onboard, it’s an absolute delight.  Total game-changer in this market segment.  The OM experience makes Princess feel more personal and upmarket and solves several nagging issues I’ve had for close to twenty years now.  You’ll seriously wonder how you ever cruised without it. 

2 minutes ago, VibeGuy said:

FlaMariner:

Once onboard, it’s an absolute delight.  Total game-changer in this market segment.  The OM experience makes Princess feel more personal and upmarket and solves several nagging issues I’ve had for close to twenty years now.  You’ll seriously wonder how you ever cruised without it. 

They put the B Team on the ship-board aspects (PCL doesn't appear to have an A Team) and they put the F Team on the pre-cruise aspects.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kamelia said:

I do not think I am being unreasonable expecting the app to work as advertised.  Since 5/5/21, I have continued to run headlong into game-stopping issues, I continue to report the details using the various sources I have been told to utilize, I continue to hear variations of, "it shouldn't be like this - I will report it - give it a few days and" either a) "it will be fixed" or b) "someone will get back to you."  Over 18 months later a) it has not been fixed and b) no one has gotten back to me.  

We booked a 7-day Caribbean cruise yesterday.  I opened the current version app on my current version device and while the app shows the number of days until this next cruise correctly, when I attempt to do any of the steps to get checked in, it goes into an infinite spin.  My Travel Companion does not show up as going with me.  The cruise does not show up in My Journeys when he logs into the app either using the log-in or quick access options, and check-in is "incomplete" for him when I look at the reservation online.  At least there's some consistency in that none of our upcoming 8 cruises show in My Journeys in his app and all of the reservations online show his check-in status as incomplete.

I am trying to keep a positive outlook towards this, and I will say that everyone I have dealt with, with one exception, has been very pleasant and seemingly genuine in reassuring me that it will get fixed, AND at least Princess has finally stopped sending "helpful" emails reminding me that if I don't complete the check-in process using my MedallionClass app, I run the risk of being denied boarding at the port.  

If I am required to use the app to complete the task, then give me an app that is capable of doing so.  Right now, the MedallionClass app does not work - reliably for everyone - the way it has been hyped.

It reads like you have a data corruption/conversion issue between POLAR (the Princess booking system) and the MC App.  I have read where having the right person on the phone, they can sometimes get the data fixed in real time.  Nonetheless, it should be fixable.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kamelia said:

So sorry you're having such problems.

Have you emailed customer relations?

I have had luck with them calling me back a few times.  There are quite a few things they can fix for you.  Some things they sent to IT to report it.

Customerrelations@princess.com

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, VibeGuy said:

FlaMariner:

I look forward to being delighted and wondering how I ever sailed with out it.....

(Right now, no so much..LOL)

2 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

I look forward to being delighted and wondering how I ever sailed with out it.....

(Right now, no so much..LOL)

I wouldn't go so far as wondering how we ever sailed without it but when we used it for the first time in November it was useful.  And I've found a few more things to use on our family cruise in March that could be fun.  I did run into some setup issues but they were all surmountable with help from this thread.  Don't despair.

4 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

It reads like you have a data corruption/conversion issue between POLAR (the Princess booking system) and the MC App.  I have read where having the right person on the phone, they can sometimes get the data fixed in real time.  Nonetheless, it should be fixable.

@Steelers36, thank you!  You've given me terminology that I will use during my next attempt to get help with resolving this.  I very much appreciate your understanding and ability to shed some light!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

I have had luck with them calling me back a few times.  There are quite a few things they can fix for you.  Some things they sent to IT to report it.

@PacnGoNow, thank you for this suggestion!  This email address is a new one to me, and definitely another angle worth pursuing!

22 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

As the next two posts after yours indicate (above this post), there have been multitude of issues with B2B's.  Not the same thing as voyages separated by time gaps and not linked in Princess POLAR system.

We have a B2B booked with the Emerald Princess in late April TA and then a circle UK.  They were both booked as separate voyages and have no issues with the OceanMedallion app with them.  We aren't TA's so we booked them through our PVP and entered the information in our app without a hitch and that was done a couple of months ago.

57 minutes ago, Grego said:

We have a B2B booked with the Emerald Princess in late April TA and then a circle UK.  They were both booked as separate voyages and have no issues with the OceanMedallion app with them.  We aren't TA's so we booked them through our PVP and entered the information in our app without a hitch and that was done a couple of months ago.

My original b2b’s were fine booked 3.

But once I added 2 more, issues happened.  Not terrible, I just had to reenter address, phone, payment info, travel information, etc  I went very carefully on cruise personalizer first, made sure that was intact.  Then, I went back to the App

and went through each item in the profiles for both of us and reentered items.  Now just the last b2b keeps dropping off.  Ughhh

Anyway, changes on b2b’s really confuses the App.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grego said:

Understood.  When you login to the MC App, does the entire voyage appear as one trip with a single begin and end date?

1 hour ago, Grego said:

Have a nice cruise!

20 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Or Customerrelations@princesscruises.com? 

59 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Or Customerrelations@princesscruises.com? 

32 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Oops!  Thanks I see it should be

princesscruises.com

Thanks!

Thank you both! 😁  I'm still in draft mode so glad I saw this before hitting the send button.

• Like 2

@Host CJSKIDSis there a way to have a poll on this? Options would be:

□IPhone no issues

□IPhone with issues

□Android no issues

□Android with issues

I'm beginning to be convinced that this is an Android VS iPhone app thing. But I'm not tech. And it shouldn't be up to us to figure it out

• Like 1

On 1/20/2022 at 11:05 AM, Daniel A said:

I wonder if the left hand knows what the right hand is doing...🤦‍♂️

On 1/21/2022 at 8:42 AM, Grego said:

Not a fair comment.  The reason for having the QR code is if you are picking up your medallion at the terminal and they need something to let you in since you don't print out boarding passes anymore.

On 1/21/2022 at 10:04 AM, Daniel A said:

I think it was a fair comment.  Princess knew I ordered the medallions to be mailed to my home, that's how I was finally able to get to 'Green Lane' in the first place.  It would have been nice if they told us you don't need the QR code if you have the medallions, but they didn't do that either.  I wasted a lot of time learning how to print a hard copy of our QR codes from my tablet through my PC.  Princess wasted a lot of my time trying to do other things in their 'new and improved' app as well.  It was a fair comment.

@Grego The left hand still doesn't know what the right hand is doing since I just received this in an e-mail from Princess:

"Have these handy for check-in

You'll need your OceanReady QR code out and ready to access the terminal and for check-in. You'll also want your travel documents, Proof of vaccination ❯, Proof of a negative COVID-19 test ❯ and your Medallion® device*, if it was mailed to you, easily accessible. And we recommend you print your luggage tags - you can find them in Cruise Personalizer - and bring those too!"

Additionally, they need to get their act together regarding when you are required to complete the health questionnaire.  The app states it must be done within 24 hours of sailing but in the same pre-boarding e-mail they state:

"We look forward to welcoming you on board, but before we can do that, there are a few steps that you and your travel party need to take in the MedallionClass® app. Like these:

• Complete the travel checklist.
  • Complete and submit your health questionnaire no later than 24 hours before your vacation begins."

The e-mail further states :

"How to get there

Find your cruise terminal in your travel summary within Cruise personalizer ❯."   -  The terminal is not indicated anywhere on the travel summary.

So, which hand do I follow, the left one or the right one?  These are all problems connected to a lack of uniformity caused by inadequate/incompetent supervision and management.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

@Grego The left hand still doesn't know what the right hand is doing since I just received this in an e-mail from Princess:

"Have these handy for check-in

You'll need your OceanReady QR code out and ready to access the terminal and for check-in. You'll also want your travel documents, Proof of vaccination ❯, Proof of a negative COVID-19 test ❯ and your Medallion® device*, if it was mailed to you, easily accessible. And we recommend you print your luggage tags - you can find them in Cruise Personalizer - and bring those too!"

Additionally, they need to get their act together regarding when you are required to complete the health questionnaire.  The app states it must be done within 24 hours of sailing but in the same pre-boarding e-mail they state:

"We look forward to welcoming you on board, but before we can do that, there are a few steps that you and your travel party need to take in the MedallionClass® app. Like these:

• Complete the travel checklist.
  • Complete and submit your health questionnaire no later than 24 hours before your vacation begins."

The e-mail further states :

"How to get there

Find your cruise terminal in your travel summary within Cruise personalizer ❯."   -  The terminal is not indicated anywhere on the travel summary.

So, which hand do I follow, the left one or the right one?  These are all problems connected to a lack of uniformity caused by inadequate/incompetent supervision and management.

We didn't need the QR code.  The agent just scanned our medallions.  Perhaps the QR code would be needed if you were getting your medallion at the port?

21 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

We didn't need the QR code.  The agent just scanned our medallions.  Perhaps the QR code would be needed if you were getting your medallion at the port?

But you can't get the QR code without 1st being in the Green Lane!!

• Like 2