Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

1 minute ago, Ombud said:

But you can't get the QR code without 1st being in the Green Lane!!

But you don't need the medallion to be in the green lane.  I have all 7 on our family cruise in March in the green lane.  I can log in with my iphone as each primary for each booking and the QR code pops right up.  Or did I misunderstand you?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

But you don't need the medallion to be in the green lane.  I have all 7 on our family cruise in March in the green lane.  I can log in with my iphone as each primary for each booking and the QR code pops right up.  Or did I misunderstand you?

Maybe I wasn't clear. In order to be Ocean Ready on the MedallionClass app there are 5 steps to clear:

1. Personal information & documents

2. Choose Medallion (mailed or picked up at port)

3. Clear Medallion Pay (won't let me)

4. Select arrival time (30 days b4 cruise)

5. Health status (repeat 24 hrs b4 cruise)

Once that is done you are in the Green Lane. Any 1-4 skipped and you remain in the Blue Lane. Skip #5 and you get the Yellow Lane which seemed to move faster than the Blue Lane. 

I have a confirmed 'phantom charge card number' not showing in Step 3 but showing on Buy Wifi (under MedallionNet) so no matter how many times I select my card on Step 3, I can't get clear!! And today the Fix-It team says they can't clear it either. 

On my last 2 cruises as soon as I cleared the 5 steps, I got the GREEN LANE,  and the QR Code automatically popped up. 

Edited by Ombud
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Maybe I wasn't clear. In order to be Ocean Ready on the MedallionClass app there are 5 steps to clear:

4. Select arrival time

5. Health status

Once that is done you are in the Green Lane. Any 1-4 skipped and you remain in the Blue Lane. Skip #5 and you get the Yellow Lane which seemed to move faster than the Blue Lane. 

I have a confirmed 'phantom charge card number' not showing in Step 3 but showing on Buy Wifi (under MedallionNet) so no matter how many times I select my card on Step 3, I can't get clear!! And today the Fix-It team says they can't clear it either. 

On my last 2 cruises as soon as I cleared the 5 steps, I got the GREEN LANE,  and the QR Code automatically popped up. 

I had a minor problem with #3 when setting up our March cruise.  The app picked up the card info from a previous cruise.  I was planning to use the same card but it wouldn't let me save until I deleted and re-entered the info.  Then all was well.

• Thanks 1

Yes I think that's it. It's only recognizing the card USAA canceled (compromised) and despite deleting it and putting in the new # on Ocean Ready Step 3,  it still shows the old # on MedallionPay buy wifi step. No one can get it out but they can all see it!

🤬

Edited by Ombud
Made it's into its
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Yes I think that's it. It's only recognizing the card USAA canceled (compromised) and despite deleting it and putting in the new # on Ocean Ready Step 3,  it still shows the old # on MedallionPay buy wifi step. No one can get it out but they can all see it!

🤬

So are you green now or is the old # still blocking you?  

Not Green. They (chat, medallion help line, fix-it ticket line, customer service) all admit it's a problem. But no one knows what to do. So I'll just show up and pretend I'm GREEN and at least I'll have a black medallion 

12 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Not Green. They (chat, medallion help line, fix-it ticket line, customer service) all admit it's a problem. But no one knows what to do. So I'll just show up and pretend I'm GREEN and at least I'll have a black medallion 

Bet if they assigned the problem to their most junior DBA it would be fixed in 10 minutes.  Sometime the new kids aren't affected by the old Right Way, Wrong Way, Army Way view.  Saw you're problem card was USAA so knew you'd know that one.  Good luck.  😄  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cltnccruisers said:

We didn't need the QR code.  The agent just scanned our medallions.  Perhaps the QR code would be needed if you were getting your medallion at the port?

That's what everyone is reporting but the pre-boarding e-mail says you need both the QR code and your medallion (if it was mailed to you) in order to check in.  That was the point of my post that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ombud said:

4. Select arrival time (30 days b4 cruise)

5. Health status (repeat 24 hrs b4 cruise)

That brings up a good point.  What

if you cancel wifi (MedallionNet). I don’t see a way we can do it, but I know

customer relations  can cancel it.  You get a refund. Then buy it again, using a new credit card. 

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1

Well ~~~~ if it's for me ~~~ I can't buy wifi (tried) as the app only wants to use the discontinued card. I will have my PVP buy it closer to the cruise (that's the carrot I'm holding out to them. "Fix it so I can buy wifi & board ship." Poor service cannot figure put that ppl can board w/o app😂)

44 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Well ~~~~ if it's for me ~~~ I can't buy wifi (tried) as the app only wants to use the discontinued card. I will have my PVP buy it closer to the cruise (that's the carrot I'm holding out to them. "Fix it so I can buy wifi & board ship." Poor service cannot figure put that ppl can board w/o app😂)

My carrots too. Fix my last b2b so I can do my specialty dining and buy my wifi package. 😂 

I thought you had previously said your

card was under the MedallionNet.

Good luck…

• Like 1

On 1/19/2022 at 12:54 PM, CruiseVA said:

DO you both have the same phone and both are up to date? I'd also compare versions of the App, in case one of you has an older version for some reason.

Different iphones... Mine's a 13PRO and hers is something older... 8 plus I think... the revision of app on both is 3.0.98036. 

My wife sometimes doesn't take updates to the phone for a while though... I'll check that as well.

7 hours ago, Digisailor said:

Different iphones... Mine's a 13PRO and hers is something older... 8 plus I think... the revision of app on both is 3.0.98036. 

My wife sometimes doesn't take updates to the phone for a while though... I'll check that as well.

I had an old i6.  I could load the app and earlier versions worked to some extent.  But newer versions failed completely as it required a newer IOS that was not available for the i6.  Si I had to bite the bullet and replaced it with an iPhone SE running IOS14.8.1.  The app has been working well for me with only a few minor issues.

23 hours ago, Ombud said:

@Host CJSKIDSis there a way to have a poll on this? Options would be:

□IPhone no issues

□IPhone with issues

□Android no issues

□Android with issues

I'm beginning to be convinced that this is an Android VS iPhone app thing. But I'm not tech. And it shouldn't be up to us to figure it out

@Ombudwhy not start a thread for this poll?  It would be very interesting to see what the answers would be! 

1 minute ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

@Ombudwhy not start a thread for this poll?  It would be very interesting to see what the answers would be! 

I would advise @Ombud to define what an "issue" is.  It's a rather open-ended word.  I have had many past bug and performance issues, but right now I am as good as can be in the MC App relative to our voyage dates.  That said, IMO there are a lot of feature issues with MC App and DMW that should be addressed.  Lack of features or design issues are different than system bug and performance issues.

5 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I would advise @Ombud to define what an "issue" is.  It's a rather open-ended word.  I have had many past bug and performance issues, but right now I am as good as can be in the MC App relative to our voyage dates.  That said, IMO there are a lot of feature issues with MC App and DMW that should be addressed.  Lack of features or design issues are different than system bug and performance issues.

But are you as good as can be because they finally got the app working properly or did you need to contact Princess to get some of your data entered?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Would you like to start the poll on getting Ocean Ready then???

13 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

LOL... No.  It's your idea.  It had occurred to me that it might be a good idea to clarify what you were looking for as an "issue".

Well I'm at the beginning :: completing Travel Checklist Steps 1-5. DMW can be adjusted at the MDR entryway (and was on my last 2 voyages), buying MedallionNet can be done through Chat .... but if there's an issue with Travel Checklist then we're not getting our priority boarding pass. Not a warm & fuzzy feeling for PES cruisers.

Unfortunately I cannot figure out how to create a poll on cruise critic (via android)

15 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

But are you as good as can be because they finally got the app working properly or did you need to contact Princess to get some of your data entered?

Wow.  That will be tough to answer since my interaction with MC App goes back to the launch.  And I was a MC user pre-Covid as well. 

High-Level summary as best as I can recall:

1. Deleted all of the old separate Apps and installed new MC App.
  2. We had existing bookings in Cruise Personalizer, so I was impacted by the data conversion issues.  I don't recall all of the issues in the Personal Info and Checklist.  I don't recall having login issues which many had.
  3. Our bookings were a B2B2B, plus a single cruise several days later.
  4. I did contact Princess team about data conversion issues and someone made a fix behind the scene and things improved greatly IIRC.
  5. I was able to clean up our personal info - some of which was a carry forward from previous voyages.
  6. Along the way, I sent feedback to OCEAN team concerning data issues or bugs in various screens.
  7. Had no issues with Passport scan entry and changing a Profile photo.
  8. Found out at some point that Arrival Groups was not going to be active until close to sail date.

In early June, 2021, Princess released DMW.  That became an adventure as it went through three different versions/presentations of the booking process.

1. Not long after DMW was released, I wrote several members of Princess sr mgmt team outlining the many problems with MC App, what I thought of the technology, the design/function, behaviors when attempting to do things.  I received communication back from one of them and had a phone dialog or two.
  2. I had further correspondence concerning Internet plans and pricing.  
  3. I had further correspondence in regards to what they were doing about TD and DMW.
  4. When DWM morphed into the presentation you see now, I had difficulty booking same table and time for full voyage for the B2B2B and get a Private Table including us and our two friends as Travel Companions. 
  5. I never had an issue from Day 1 with our separate single voyage in terms of getting a Private Table (original version was a 4-top specified).  This remained true through a re-fare/re-book or anytime I checked on reservations.
  6. For the B2B2B, I believe someone at Princess stepped in and did something undefined to me to clean up dining res data - not sure.  Things got better at one point, except we still had a couple of nights where DMW was splitting us up to separate tables. 
  7. In the last MC App release, some DMW items were addressed.  IDK if they removed or cleaned out any reservations or not.  I went in and deleted all 25 nights and then worked the App to re-book.  Right after that last release, DMW would spin forever attempting to book for full voyage and would come back with nothing found and try later.  Persistence paid off and I now have a full voyage booking at our desired time and a Private table for the four of us.
  8. Immediately after that, space started to disappear again and first it was some Split tables, and then the time slot was full for on of the legs.  Ever since the start, DMW has only offered a single DR for our voyages on Regal (Oct 2022).
  9. I think only once did someone on the OCEAN team touch one of our nights and it caused me to delete all and start over because it was like a single night override and that is a different res type than a full voyage res for same table.
  10. Before the latest DMW release, I could pretend to book SD and it would recognize our credits and apply them, except for the first leg of the B2B2B.  Since the last release, it is weird since it doesn't recognize them for some nights in a certain leg and does recognize another time.  I have reported this behavior and my testing/results.  I am not looking to book SD ahead of time.

I certainly have issues with the design and implementation of MC App and DMW in particular.  But, our data is good, our dining is good - just waiting for them to implement the Internet feature that will recognize our status and only charge us the 50% net cost.

13 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Well I'm at the beginning :: completing Travel Checklist Steps 1-5. DMW can be adjusted at the MDR entryway (and was on my last 2 voyages), buying MedallionNet can be done through Chat .... but if there's an issue with Travel Checklist then we're not getting our priority boarding pass. Not a warm & fuzzy feeling for PES cruisers.

Unfortunately I cannot figure out how to create a poll on cruise critic (via android)

How can you purchase Internet via Chat?  I thought they would not take a CC via Chat.

As for boarding pass, just show up at the terminal at your convenience with documents and don't need a BP.