Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

Hi all,

Hoping someone can answer a couple questions for us. We are cruising next week and we aren't sure where our boarding passes are now? We are green lane with an early boarding group and the QR code for scanning in the app but weren't sure if that is the actually boarding pass we show them at the pier. This is our first cruise since the restart and things have changed a bit. Travel documents, etc are all printed out so this is the only thing we won't have a paper copy of. 

Also, will we need to go back into the app 24 hours before the cruise leaves and re-certify our health questionaire?  If so, will we change from the green to blue lane automatically until it is done?

Any help much appreciated.

7 minutes ago, runner2013 said:

Hi all,

Hoping someone can answer a couple questions for us. We are cruising next week and we aren't sure where our boarding passes are now? We are green lane with an early boarding group and the QR code for scanning in the app but weren't sure if that is the actually boarding pass we show them at the pier. This is our first cruise since the restart and things have changed a bit. Travel documents, etc are all printed out so this is the only thing we won't have a paper copy of. 

Also, will we need to go back into the app 24 hours before the cruise leaves and re-certify our health questionaire?  If so, will we change from the green to blue lane automatically until it is done?

No more BP’s.  You’re QR code green lane is what you show.  Make sure to have your passport, vaccine card, covid test results (within 2 days of sailing)and OM with you and you’re ready to go.

Yes, fill out that health questionnaire 

too.  You’ll still be in the green lane…and 

that’s where you want to be!

Have a great time!!!

• Like 1

Just now, PacnGoNow said:

No more BP’s.  You’re QR code green lane is what you show.  Make sure to have your passport, vaccine card, covid test results (within 2 days of sailing)and OM with you and you’re ready to go.

Yes, fill out that health questionnaire 

too.  You’ll still be in the green lane…and 

that’s where you want to be!

Have a great time!!!

I did a screen shot of my QR code

in case the App wasn’t working. Lol

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, runner2013 said:

Hi all,

If you have your Medallion thats all need. No need to show QR code. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, kapsgp said:

If you have your Medallion thats all need. No need to show QR code. 

Yep.  When we checked in for our Sky cruise the agent just read our medallions.  No need for the QR code at all.  But after that he wouldn't accept our vax docs because they were paper.  Well, that's all Walgreens had to use when we got the shots.  That had to get bumped up 2 rungs on the food chain.  Then we had to have our passports rescanned.  They looked fine on the app but not on his display.  All this only caused about a 15 minute delay so not big deal.  BTW, as soon as we got home we went to Walgreen's and got cards to replace the paper.

1 hour ago, runner2013 said:

Hi all,

If you're a bit of a Luddite like me, you could always print out a copy of your QR code to bring with you but it's most likely not necessary if you have your medallions.  Bon Voyage!!

• Haha 2

well, I did it anyway - cancelled the old card and inputted the new card - still green lane.  Good to go now pending Rapid PCR tests scheduled 2 days before embarkation.  also have a rapid antigen test scheduled if 'something goes wrong' with the PCR test ...

On 1/14/2022 at 5:32 PM, Daniel A said:

You sail very soon so I'd not mess around with the card if you're still green lane and have a QR code.  You might want to take a screenshot of that.  If you run into a problem at the pier, then you could just present the new card.  I've run into this recently with one of my cards when the card changed numbers due to a fraudulent charge.  Utilities and other services started getting billings rejected.  I should have kept a list of who is using my cards for what so I could have notified them of the new numbers.   🤦‍♂️

yeah, I had a couple of amazon orders in process that they notified me and I had to update with new card info - which I would easily do if I knew the Princess app would cooperate 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, K.T.B. said:

I may have missed it, but does everyone sailing need to have the Medallion app on their phone or does just one person need it?  I have it on my phone, but my wife doesn't.

You don't need to.  For example, we have a March family cruise that is 7 people booked across 3 mini-suites.  I have taken care of all the data entry for the 3 bookings all on my phone.  I also listed everyone as travel companions so I could get all of us at the same table for dinner.

Everyone will load the app before we go but I'm not too sure how much it will get used on board.  My wife and I used it on Sky last month to navigate around the ship since it was our first time on that class.  Supposedly we'll be able to text each other through the app but I'm not sure how yet.

That was probably more than you wanted to know.  😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cltnccruisers said:

You don't need to.  For example, we have a March family cruise that is 7 people booked across 3 mini-suites.  I have taken care of all the data entry for the 3 bookings all on my phone.  I also listed everyone as travel companions so I could get all of us at the same table for dinner.

Everyone will load the app before we go but I'm not too sure how much it will get used on board.  My wife and I used it on Sky last month to navigate around the ship since it was our first time on that class.  Supposedly we'll be able to text each other through the app but I'm not sure how yet.

That was probably more than you wanted to know.  😀

The app's text feature is garbage.  Find something else to use if you need it.  Unless you are looking at the app's text feature at the time the text come in, you won't know you got one.  ☹️

• Like 1

Only one upcoming cruise is showing in the Medallion app - when I try to add additional cruises to it, I get this message "This booking is already part of your journey".  Yet, my wife's app shows all of our upcoming cruises, and even consolidates a B2B into one sailing....

I have tried rebooting the phone - no luck.  I have thought about deleting the app, then downloading the app again, but will I lose all of the data and information I have already loaded?

Any ideas?  When I call Princess, I get keep getting disconnected.....and I don't see their so-called "chat" feature on my PC........

27 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

The app's text feature is garbage.  Find something else to use if you need it.  Unless you are looking at the app's text feature at the time the text come in, you won't know you got one.  ☹️

I'm hoping we can all just connect to the ship wifi and text each other as we normally do.

• Like 1

Has anyone noticed the app working on one network, but not another.

My wife was having trouble with the app crashing...  that is when she tries to run it, you see the blurry ship for a little while... then the app quits... with no message as to what went wrong.  This is on our home wifi.  If she turns wifi off and goes to LTE it works fine.

She's reloaded the app a number of times... to no avail. 

My app works on both.

Our home wifi works on her home with everything else we've tried.

It occurs to me that it's *possible* that the servers running the app only allow one instance of the app on a particular IP address, and that you can't have two instances running on the same wifi network.

Has anyone else seen anything else similar... 

This isn't keeping us from doing anything, but it's kind of annoying. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Ramjet1997 said:

Only one upcoming cruise is showing in the Medallion app - when I try to add additional cruises to it, I get this message "This booking is already part of your journey".  Yet, my wife's app shows all of our upcoming cruises, and even consolidates a B2B into one sailing....

I have tried rebooting the phone - no luck.  I have thought about deleting the app, then downloading the app again, but will I lose all of the data and information I have already loaded?

Any ideas?  When I call Princess, I get keep getting disconnected.....and I don't see their so-called "chat" feature on my PC........

You won’t lose your data. I have deleted and reinstalled the App probably 20 times.  Sometimes it helps to mesh my bookings.  The problems I have had are because of b2b’s.  
My b2b’s show as one Long…journey.

Some days, anyway.

I reported it to the IT department at least 5 times since Dec.  They are aware and working on it.  Okay….

I would delete and reinstall first. Some

wait one day to reinstall.  I don’t have the patience to do that.  

Mine was perfect yesterday.  Today my last b2b is missing again.

Does everything show perfectly on the website?

I use the chat button on my phone. It’s on the bottom of the screen. Blue chat button. Not sure they can help with the App, but they can report it.

I would email IT and report it.  Make sure you give them all the details of your booking and your booking number in question.  They work it by date of departure.  I do hear back from them.

askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

Let us know how you make out.

Tonna

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Digisailor said:

Has anyone noticed the app working on one network, but not another.

My wife was having trouble with the app crashing...  that is when she tries to run it, you see the blurry ship for a little while... then the app quits... with no message as to what went wrong.  This is on our home wifi.  If she turns wifi off and goes to LTE it works fine.

DO you both have the same phone and both are up to date? I'd also compare versions of the App, in case one of you has an older version for some reason.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ramjet1997 said:

The chat feature is at the very bottom of the screen.

image.png.23ecab7a0bb155410cee150777c30bbd.png

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

what is the procedure for logging on to the Medallion.net wifi once onboard when both occupants in the cabin have Princess Plus and both have the app on their phone ?

According to page 2 of the the "Your Cruise Begins" handout in our cabin when we boarded on January 2:

1. Switch to Airplane Mode in Settings.
  2. Turn on your Wi-Fi, and connect to MedallionNet.
  3. Access Wi-Fi through the MedallionClass app, or type MedallionClass.com into your browser.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, capriccio said:

According to page 2 of the the "Your Cruise Begins" handout in our cabin when we boarded on January 2:

1. Switch to Airplane Mode in Settings.
  2. Turn on your Wi-Fi, and connect to MedallionNet.
  3. Access Wi-Fi through the MedallionClass app, or type MedallionClass.com into your browser.

Yeah, it was pretty simple.  In March we'll find out if it will allow us to text each other like we normally do.

2 hours ago, Daniel A said:

My Windows 10 has everything you show except the blue Live Chat box.  I don't need it but it isn't showing up for everybody.

I'm using Chrome.  As brisalta asked, what browser are you using?

7 hours ago, Ramjet1997 said:

Good suggestions above, but you should write the OCEAN team because you may have a data error they need to fix at their end.  Hard to know.