Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

17 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

I would believe the App, it i smore dynamic. Santa Barbara showed on the itinerary map long after it was deleted from the itinerary.

That's how I was leaning.  Grand Cayman was still on our Western Caribbean on Sky until very close to the cruise.

1 hour ago, Tedferg said:

I would believe the App, it i smore dynamic. Santa Barbara showed on the itinerary map long after it was deleted from the itinerary.

First time I ever got someone in the Live Chat. He kept going to the booking online and couldn't grasp that the question was about a mismatch between the website and the app.  <sigh>

We have 3 bookings for our upcoming Money Pit Cruise.  I have our shipboard account set up and would like to use the same account for one of the other bookings.  But when I log into that booking and add the card info I get a msg that the card is already being used and to add the folks from that booking as authorized users.  Been looking but can't see how.  I do have everyone listed as travel companions.  I also have a call into the Navigators - sounds like an old beach band.

Any ideas?

45 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

We have 3 bookings for our upcoming Money Pit Cruise.  I have our shipboard account set up and would like to use the same account for one of the other bookings.  But when I log into that booking and add the card info I get a msg that the card is already being used and to add the folks from that booking as authorized users.  Been looking but can't see how.  I do have everyone listed as travel companions.  I also have a call into the Navigators - sounds like an old beach band.

Any ideas?

Never mind.  A Navigator (the drummer I think) got back to me pretty quickly.  Turns out this is a nice idea that doesn't work in the app yet.  So the option is to put the other booking on a different card then switch it on board.

• Like 1

We would appreciate help with a problem we cannot resolve. The icon for Passage Contract & Covid Risk Notification or Acceptance will not process. I clicked on one of us. I scrolled down through the umpteen paragraphs to the end and clicked on Acknowledge. The Medallion appeared and looked like it would recognize the acknowledgement. Then I clicked on me and did the same thing. Tried this 4 times and no luck. The orange circle with an ! is still there.

Any ideas how to fix this? I did an Internet search for an answer but no success. There are some very Medallion wise CC members replying on this thread so hoping someone knows what I am not doing correctly. Thank you in advance!!

18 minutes ago, Loucat said:

We would appreciate help with a problem we cannot resolve. The icon for Passage Contract & Covid Risk Notification or Acceptance will not process. I clicked on one of us. I scrolled down through the umpteen paragraphs to the end and clicked on Acknowledge. The Medallion appeared and looked like it would recognize the acknowledgement. Then I clicked on me and did the same thing. Tried this 4 times and no luck. The orange circle with an ! is still there.

Any ideas how to fix this? I did an Internet search for an answer but no success. There are some very Medallion wise CC members replying on this thread so hoping someone knows what I am not doing correctly. Thank you in advance!!

Did you click on both the confirm buttons and the accept at the very bottom?  The accept can't be "grey'ed out".  I think this is a step I had to come back to once or twice; do something different or go get a cup of coffee... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Loucat said:

I've been trying to answer some questions to help people for about an hour now and it seems the app as well as the website is acting up right now....Maybe they are trying again to fix it???....lol

4 minutes ago, Moondogy said:

I've been trying to answer some questions to help people for about an hour now and it seems the app as well as the website is acting up right now....Maybe they are trying again to fix it???....lol

Boynton Beach.  That's where we exit I-95 and go the rest of the way in on 1.  Adds a little time but I don't see my life flashing before my eyes from all those maniacs.🙃

6 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

Boynton Beach.  That's where we exit I-95 and go the rest of the way in on 1.  Adds a little time but I don't see my life flashing before my eyes from all those maniacs.🙃

To go to where? the port?

1 hour ago, curmudgeon98 said:

Did you click on both the confirm buttons and the accept at the very bottom?  The accept can't be "grey'ed out".  I think this is a step I had to come back to once or twice; do something different or go get a cup of coffee... 

I did not see confirm buttons. Will look again. DH has tried for days and just asked me to give it a try today. Thanks for the quick reply!

23 minutes ago, Moondogy said:

To go to where? the port?

We stay at the Hampton Inn the night before and shuttle to port.  Used to drive straight through from Charlotte and arrive tired and cranky.  Now we go Charlotte to Melbourne then to Ft L.  Relax overnight and board nice and fresh.

Fixed my problem with the cruise contract. I backed up and completed the health screening questions for both of us. Then I was able to return to the cruise contract area and the two "confirm" links were visible and after days of trying to fix this issue- something finally worked. Thanks to those who offered good advice!!

3 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

We stay at the Hampton Inn the night before and shuttle to port.  Used to drive straight through from Charlotte and arrive tired and cranky.  Now we go Charlotte to Melbourne then to Ft L.  Relax overnight and board nice and fresh.

Our next cruise to Alaska we fly to Seattle, I want to fly in the day before and spend the night. DW wanted to fly in the same day....7 hours on a plane I think I'll be tired...lol....But, happy wife happy life 🤣

5 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Another app update for Apple devices.

A06C8AB0-6AEF-48CC-BFCF-0A1E79892993.jpeg

Same for Android.  New version is dated FEB 4 and Release is 3.0.98752.

It seems the OCEAN team may be issuing more frequent App updates as they fix more bugs.  Maybe 2x/mth now.  Have to keep an eye on it.

With no details, we don't know circumstances of issues and source cause, but I was blocked from DMW at times.  Never had the second issue.  How about the funny wording for 4th issue:  "multi-property" journeys?  They have some funny speak on that IT team.  I am guessing they mean guests booked on multiple different ships as opposed to multiple B2B on same ship??

The last one reads like it speaks to folks having troubles adding credit cards (lots of posts about that one). 

One of these years, it will be great again.

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

One of these years, it will be great again.

Let’s hope! 🤞

My issues are the inability to make reservations for our free specialty dinner and purchasing MedallionNet at the discounted price. Thankfully no major issues for my four cruises that some are experiencing.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Let’s hope! 🤞

My issues are the inability to make reservations for our free specialty dinner and purchasing MedallionNet at the discounted price. Thankfully no major issues for my four cruises that some are experiencing.

At this point in time, my issues are almost identical.  I could make a SD res (unless it fails at the confirmation step only), but the process fails to recognize our SD credits correctly in most situations.  And MedallionNet pricing is same as you since they have yet to release this upgrade/enhancement.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

Looks like a good plan.  We live about an hour and a half north of the port just off I-95. If the departure is on a weekday we take the turnpike down near the Boynton area and cut over to US1 and ease our way down to the port - actually to Einstein's Bagels on 17th for breakfast and then ease our way to the parking structure and get on board.

2 hours ago, Grego said:

Looks like a good plan.  We live about an hour and a half north of the port just off I-95. If the departure is on a weekday we take the turnpike down near the Boynton area and cut over to US1 and ease our way down to the port - actually to Einstein's Bagels on 17th for breakfast and then ease our way to the parking structure and get on board.

"ease on down the road" is a good mantra.  Combine that with bagels and you have the prefect start to the morning.  BTW, do y'all have cream cheese?  I haven't seen any in over a month.  😀

20 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

"ease on down the road" is a good mantra.  Combine that with bagels and you have the prefect start to the morning.  BTW, do y'all have cream cheese?  I haven't seen any in over a month.  😀

Our local Publix has had cream cheese.  It might not always be Philadelphia brand, but they do have their own brand which is good.

• Like 1