Trouble Booking Steakhouse

Lee Cruiser

I've been trying for several days to make steakhouse reservations for our upcoming cruise, but when I click on specialty dining in the planner, it comes up with "0 results."  I even tried this for another cruise and got the same message.  Has anyone else had that trouble of late?  Our ship has a steakhouse and Cucina and was looking to book both, but no luck thus far.

• Like 1

I'm on the Freedom in December and was able to only book the Steakhouse. The other speciality restaurants weren't showing up.

I don't know whats going on but I was lucky that I wanted the Steakhouse and not any of the others.

15 minutes ago, K_e_short said:

I'm on the Freedom in December and was able to only book the Steakhouse. The other speciality restaurants weren't showing up.

I don't know whats going on but I was lucky that I wanted the Steakhouse and not any of the others.

Just looked again and the steakhouse showed up this time.  Cucina still didn't show up.  First time either has showed up lately.

• Like 1

I was able to book the Steakhouse last week for the Mardi Gras in August. Only 2 that came up was Steakhouse and Rudy's. I think, Cucina didn't come up because it is free in July and August on some ships. 

6 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Was reported that some were able to book the free ones on the Mardi Gras on multiple sailings as far out as the Sailabration next March

The only free one we were able to book was for Chibang on the Mardi Gras.  We were able to book two nights for each of our Mardi Gras cruises through the Sailabration. Unfortunately they filled up quickly and by late evening available times were scarce. They are no longer on site to book for the Mardi Gras. Who knows, they may have held back and will open again in the future. 

5 hours ago, tree.critter said:

The only free one we were able to book was for Chibang on the Mardi Gras.  We were able to book two nights for each of our Mardi Gras cruises through the Sailabration.

If the clowns at the marketing department at Carnival let people know that bookings were open, then  more people would have had access.  Really sneaky the way that they did it.  Now I have to keep checking back like you need to do with planner purchases on Royal. 👿

• Like 1

Wife and I are on the Magic out of Port Canaveral in January, 2022 and the Specialty Restaurants (Steakhouse and Cucina) were not showing up until this past Saturday when the Steakhouse became available.  Wife and I booked it on Saturday.

On 7/3/2021 at 7:31 PM, Lee Cruiser said:

I've been trying for several days to make steakhouse reservations for our upcoming cruise, but when I click on specialty dining in the planner, it comes up with "0 results."  I even tried this for another cruise and got the same message.  Has anyone else had that trouble of late?  Our ship has a steakhouse and Cucina and was looking to book both, but no luck thus far.

I had that trouble at first not seeing anything for Specialty Dining. I was using the browser Mozilla Firefox so I went in Settings and cleared cookies and site data. Everything showed up then. If using Microsoft Edge there is no problems at all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shake-n-Bake said:

I had that trouble at first not seeing anything for Specialty Dining. I was using the browser Mozilla Firefox so I went in Settings and cleared cookies and site data. Everything showed up then. If using Microsoft Edge there is no problems at all.

Thanks for the helpful information!  I do use Firefox, so I will try Chrome or Edge.

3 hours ago, EngIceDave said:

Maybe that's my issue with an early september Horizon.

Only steakhouse and sushi place show for reservations.

Be less than 60 days soon, so maybe it'll change

Same here on our Aug. 21 cruise on the Vista out of  Galveston. Only Steakhouse and sushi place. But I'm not concerned. After all, by the time we sail, cruising has only been going on for like 25 days, after a 16 or 17 month shutdown? After all that time, it DOES take some time to get back on track and into a consistent rhythm.