Britannia. Court case ref fighting in Buffett

Thanks guys. He sounded a right unpleasant person. Cruised for 10 years and never seen anything like that. Last cruise was in February 20 on the Britannia in the Caribbean. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

His partner (ex now I think)  who also punched somebody only got a two year suspended sentence and some community service. She should have got prison as well, but I suppose the bloke actually put two men in the Medical Centre. 

42 minutes ago, amajaa said:

His partner (ex now I think)  who also punched somebody only got a two year suspended sentence and some community service. She should have got prison as well, but I suppose the bloke actually put two men in the Medical Centre. 

Probably more because she pleaded guilty and he pleaded innocent.  The courts tend to take this into account.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, amajaa said:

She plead guilty, so she gets a "discount".

• Like 1

6 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

All sounds very unsavoury.

Yes and quite clearly a low life who should not have been allowed on in the first place. And I bet he had tattoos.

The above must be true as he was a solicitor. 

Funny old world.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, daiB said:

Yes and quite clearly a low life who should not have been allowed on in the first place. And I bet he had tattoos.

The above must be true as he was a solicitor. 

Funny old world.

Where does it say he was a Solicitor as I can’t see that in any reports about this incident?

21 minutes ago, amajaa said:

Where does it say he was a Solicitor as I can’t see that in any reports about this incident?

He was a financial advisor who previously worked as a stockbroker ,now prisoner .

Plenty of reports if you Google it .

4 minutes ago, kalos said:

He was a financial advisor who previously worked as a stockbroker ,now prisoner .

Plenty of reports if you Google it .

Well that doesn’t make him a Solicitor then. If he had have been he would now presumably be an ex-solicitor 

I did google it btw and as I said no reports of him being a Solicitor

Edited by amajaa

19 minutes ago, kalos said:

We are at cross  purposes here you  asked where does it say he was a Solicitor

and then go onto say you have not seen any reports about the incident so I was letting 

you know what he was apart from scum of the earth and mistook it that you had not seen

any press reports. Hope that clears things up for you .:classic_smile:

1 hour ago, kalos said:

and then go onto say you have not seen any reports about the incident so I was letting 

you know what he was apart from scum of the earth and mistook it that you had not seen

I said I hadn’t seen any reports about him being a Solicitor not any reports about the incident. I think that is what you are saying you mistook. 😀

I must have seen reports about the incident as I posted earlier about the girlfriend getting a suspended sentence. 

I still don’t know why daiB thought he was a Solicitor though, unless he was being funny because he tried to solicit the daughter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kalos said:

I wouldn't like to be in the water with a cross porpoise 🐬🐬

• Like 1

2 hours ago, amajaa said:

I said I hadn’t seen any reports about him being a Solicitor not any reports about the incident. I think that is what you are saying you mistook. 😀

I must have seen reports about the incident as I posted earlier about the girlfriend getting a suspended sentence. 

I still don’t know why daiB thought he was a Solicitor though, unless he was being funny because he tried to solicit the daughter.

Sorry, I have looked back at newspaper reports, he is described as a former stockbroker. So similar lowlife to a solicitor. I don’t know why P & O let them on the ships.

Edited by daiB
  • Haha 1

On 8/2/2021 at 7:50 PM, daiB said:

Sorry, I have looked back at newspaper reports, he is described as a former stockbroker. So similar lowlife to a solicitor. I don’t know why P & O let them on the ships.

Now I am not a Solicitor myself but I do know quite a few very honest, very good and very nice Solicitors. So I certainly wouldn’t describe them as low lives , perhaps on the telly but in real life like most of the population the majority of them are good people.