Submitting Proof of Vaccination to Princess

lx200gps

7 minutes ago, trey420 said:

No, I'm not gonna rat out my friend.  If he or she gets sick they will know why and they should have got the shot.  I expect most will have it for real, but plenty will not.  You'll never know either. 

I wonder how many would rat out their friends over a covid shot lol?  

Probably only people with integrity...

• Like 12

34 minutes ago, trey420 said:

Perhaps a better question would be:  How many people would want to be friends with the type of people who are willing to lie and sail with fake vaccination cards?

• Like 14

7 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Perhaps a better question would be:  How many people would want to be friends with the type of people who are willing to lie and sail with fake vaccination cards?

I don't judge or decide who deserves sympathy for their choices.  If that's how you do it that's fine.  One could say who wants to be friends with a person that will sell them out to the authority when they don't like something they did.  

My whole point is don't take that vaccine card to mean you are safe from the dreaded unvaccinated hoards many fear.  Just giving you an example of it really going down.  

1 hour ago, trey420 said:

No, I'm not gonna rat out my friend.  If he or she gets sick they will know why and they should have got the shot.  I expect most will have it for real, but plenty will not.  You'll never know either. 

I'd have a hard time condoning forgery when it negatively impacts society at large

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 14

21 minutes ago, trey420 said:

I don't judge or decide who deserves sympathy for their choices.  If that's how you do it that's fine.  One could say who wants to be friends with a person that will sell them out to the authority when they don't like something they did.  

So we get to pick and choose which laws we obey and forgery is one we get to do?

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

In MC App, you do not submit a proof.  You simply attest you will be fully-vaccinated 14 days or more prior to sail date.  Health Q&A is re-attested 2/3 days prior to sailing.  At this point, I see no doc upload in that section of OCEAN Ready.

I was able to upload a photo of my vaccination card in the health questionnaire area that just became available today. As someone else stated tho, when I went to look to see if that photo was then included in another cruise later this year, the entire area was only a white page, almost like it is something that becomes loadable only within X amount of days before a cruise.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Timbles said:

I was able to upload a photo of my vaccination card in the health questionnaire area that just became available today. As someone else stated tho, when I went to look to see if that photo was then included in another cruise later this year, the entire area was only a white page, almost like it is something that becomes loadable only within X amount of days before a cruise.

DOH!!!  I missed that and thought I read someone else posting that.  IDK if it was there all along, as I just went back into MC App and all the Health Q&A I had entered just earlier today is all gone, so starting over.  This time I will upload our ON proof of vaccination.

4 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

DOH!!!  I missed that and thought I read someone else posting that.  IDK if it was there all along, as I just went back into MC App and all the Health Q&A I had entered just earlier today is all gone, so starting over.  This time I will upload our ON proof of vaccination.

Glad you found it, it’s BABY STEPS with this app 😂

• Like 1

@trey420Your 'friend' commits a forgery which could place others lives at risk when all he has to do is simply be honest with the fact that he does not wish to be vaccinated and you have

1 hour ago, trey420 said:

sympathy for their choices.

SYMPATHY!?!? Is honesty that hard? No one is forced to vax. Not even to cruise on certain lines. Certainly not to be employed, although they might have to mask at certain companies. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Ombud said:

@trey420Your 'friend' commits a forgery which could place others lives at risk when all he has to do is simply be honest with the fact that he does not wish to be vaccinated and you have

SYMPATHY!?!? Is honesty that hard? No one is forced to vax. Not even to cruise on certain lines. Certainly not to be employed, although they might have to mask at certain companies. 

I don't have sympathy even for the others that get on with them.  It's all choices, if you jump on a ship know the reality of what's there.  If you put th our faith into a piece of paper that's your choice.  If you are worried you shouldn't be on the ship.  I got my shot, so I don't worry about it.  But I was never a covid scared person.  I understand if you are, you should consider not sailing if so.  I just demonstrated people will pose as vaccinated and not be.  You are not stupid, you need to make the choice, or just keep thinking for some reason people will do the right thing.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, trey420 said:

You are not stupid, you need to make the choice, or just keep thinking for some reason people will do the right thing.

Thank you. I was the worst person on staying home. 2 weeks and then I was done. I never wore a mask running or hiking. BUT I have no sympathy for those who break the law (forgery). It's not necessary. Cruising is a privilege those of us who can afford it get to have not a necessity.  I hope your 'friend' gets caught & pays his $5k fine 

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/11/2021 at 8:54 AM, Sea Hag said:
On 7/11/2021 at 8:49 AM, ontheweb said:

Works for me, but how about adding a fine to the punishment.

I like it. Revoke license, slap on a fine, then some jail time.

It's a 5k fine but I don't know if that's per occurrence or for all occurrences

But we are veering way WAY off topic here into whether or not we should be law-abiding persons. 

Let's get back on track:

Attestation in MedallionClass app  / getting valid documentation to PCL. I emailed mine to my PVP

Edited by Ombud

4 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

In MC App, you do not submit a proof.  You simply attest you will be fully-vaccinated 14 days or more prior to sail date.  Health Q&A is re-attested 2/3 days prior to sailing.  At this point, I see no doc upload in that section of OCEAN Ready.

They're taking our word that we're vaccinated. I'm not too sure about this.

2 hours ago, Ombud said:

SCOTUS has ruled prior that employers can mandate vaccination. I believe it was due to small pox.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, fluffybunny22 said:

In the most recent update, the app requests a scan of your documents. My guess is that there will be a comparison or verification of the real card against the scanned image at the terminal. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, fluffybunny22 said:

6 minutes ago, Chai8 said:

In the most recent update, the app requests a scan of your documents. My guess is that there will be a comparison or verification of the real card against the scanned image at the terminal. 

Yes, still have to provide proof at check-in.  Same idea as showing your actual passport.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, fluffybunny22 said:

I was informed that I need to bring verification to the port. Also what I see on my August cruise is weird, and my December cruise is just a blank heath screen. A completely white screen. Guess they're trying to prevent ppl from doing it too early. Only those on 07/25/21 cruise might know for sure

2 hours ago, Timbles said:

When / where is your cruise?

What section of the medallion app asks for you to scan your vaccination card?

I have filled steps 1,2, and 3 of  the travel checklist section. The only scanning I encountered is for my passport. I accomplished that without much difficulty. When I click on the arrival/departure group section it states is too early to select those times.

When I click on the health section and it loads a blank white page. My cruise isn't until December so perhaps it is just too soon to fill  in vaccination information? 

The version of the medallion app says it was last updated July 12. 

Thoughts? 

10 minutes ago, erber said:

What section of the medallion app asks for you to scan your vaccination card?

I have filled steps 1,2, and 3 of  the travel checklist section. The only scanning I encountered is for my passport. I accomplished that without much difficulty. When I click on the arrival/departure group section it states is too early to select those times.

When I click on the health section and it loads a blank white page. My cruise isn't until December so perhaps it is just too soon to fill  in vaccination information? 

The version of the medallion app says it was last updated July 12. 

Thoughts? 

I get the white screen of death as well for one of our voyages when attempting to enter the Health Section.  However, it is working for our other voyage.  Two sub-sections.  One is about vaccine and uploading your proof document.  Suggest you take a photo with the phone and then use the File Upload icon and select the photo file from Gallery App (or whatever equiv for photos is on iPhone). 

The other sub-section is a set of health questions you answer.  You do all that now and get a GREEN "Healthy" status.  There is one check-box left and you will re-attest the health status just prior to sail departure date.

(I cannot explain the "white screen", but obviously a fail in that section of the app.  I have read one or two other posts reporting same experience.  Seems random and IDK anything about the cause).

4 hours ago, trey420 said:

You should drop a dime because they are knowingly endangering other people. It's no big deal if they get sick but if they get someone else sick and that person spreads it to other people it is a big deal. Also buying a fake card will get you 5 years in prison.

• Like 1