vaccine survey not done till after deadline.

seaman11

I received an email a day before it was due for my upcoming trip on july 15th .   i didnt see it till sat and it was due friday night.  because they have to submit it to the cdc.  It let me do it and check in on sat ,do you think i should be ok?  it says they could cancel your trip. 

1 minute ago, seaman11 said:

I received an email a day before it was due for my upcoming trip on july 15th .   i didnt see it till sat and it was due friday night.  because they have to submit it to the cdc.  It let me do it and check in on sat ,do you think i should be ok?  it says they could cancel your trip. 

Phew. That's cutting it to close for comfort. If I were in your shoes, I'd bite the bullet and call Carnival, and be prepared for a 2 hour wait. But what ever it takes, my recommendation would be to call them and verify that everything's ok on your end. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Phew. That's cutting it to close for comfort. If I were in your shoes, I'd bite the bullet and call Carnival, and be prepared for a 2 hour wait. But what ever it takes, my recommendation would be to call them and verify that everything's ok on your end. 

yes I called but it said due to new procedures no one was available to pick up , smh ill try monday.

, but why would they send the email the day before if it was so important? i was thinking  6 days for check in was plenty , i wonder how many wont even read it till monday? 

Edited by seaman11

3 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

yes I called but it said due to new procedures no one was available to pick up , smh ill try monday.

, but why would they send the email the day before if it was so important? i was thinking  6 days for check in was plenty , i wonder how many wont even read it till monday? 

Probably a whole lot of people. If you called during this weekend, perhaps they were working with reduced staffing. I'd still call tomorrow, if it were me. Good luck. And please come back and let us know of your findings. 

• Like 1

I agree with Joe.  Get on the phone with them early tomorrow morning and explain.  And ask them to reach out to whatever department can confirm that your name was included in the list of vaccinated's sent to the CDC.  Carnival is fair, they'll bend over backward to make it right I think.  Good luck and please let us know how your cruise goes!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, seaman11 said:

Check your Cruise Manager page for that cruise It should be listed as completed with a green tick etc 

I wouldn't worry about it.  It appears to be a last minute process for all upcoming sailings.  Yours was just time crunched because it sails so soon.  The email said if you didn't reply "your reservation may be subject to cancellation".  

If they didn't cancel it and you have completed it I am sure you are good to go.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sailingships said:

Check your Cruise Manager page for that cruise It should be listed as completed with a green tick etc 

yes its all checked off and done, however as i said 1 day late then requested. 

We completed ours within minutes of receiving it for our 4 July cruise and it appeared on our cruise manager page the next few days as completed with a line through it.  Once at pier checkin we spent and almost an hour and a half with this and other registration glitches as the system said we hadn’t completed health form.  The staff was clearly overwhelmed with issues but helpful friendly and kind and all resolved with patience.  Be prepared to roll with the punches for awhile 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, seaman11 said:

The reason is it puts the responsibility in YOUR hands instead of theirs. They are communicating the best they can with requirements. They set the deadline of Friday. If you were late in sending it back on the schedule they set, they "could" use that as a reason to cancel you. I used quotes for a reason because I don't think they will. However, if you responded as not vaccinated, it is not going to be bode well I believe. It is easy to deny exemptions for people that responded late. If you are vaccinated, I don't think it will have any impact. They are using this information to determine how many exemptions they will allow on the ship(s). 

Edited by bigrednole
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Oldsweets said:

We completed ours within minutes of receiving it for our 4 July cruise and it appeared on our cruise manager page the next few days as completed with a line through it.  Once at pier checkin we spent and almost an hour and a half with this and other registration glitches as the system said we hadn’t completed health form.  The staff was clearly overwhelmed with issues but helpful friendly and kind and all resolved with patience.  Be prepared to roll with the punches for awhile 

wow , this what im afraid of . maybe ill print that page out as proof , i dont want to be turned way after all this time for a computer glitch 

17 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

wow , this what im afraid of . maybe ill print that page out as proof , i dont want to be turned way after all this time for a computer glitch 

You will not be turned away. Worst case scenario, you will be delayed for a little while. But I think you're good to go! Happy sailing! Fair winds & following seas, seaman11. 👍

Edited by Joe817
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, seaman11 said:

I truly don’t believe Carnival is looking for excuses to deny vaccinated passengers to board. Quite the opposite. I think they’re gonna do everything they can to make your experience a positive one. No doubt there are glitches that are causing delays, but in the end, they will do whatever it takes to get you on board.(As long as you’re following all the requirements in good faith).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, seaman11 said:

Update. No issues with health questions.  Very smooth covid card checks. Many stations and handled quickly. Check in was easy. Now waiting to be called by letter zone to board. 20210715_104755.thumb.jpg.467eebef27a5ac52aff8d83740fdee30.jpg

20210715_105026.jpg

Glad it worked out! Have an awesome cruise!

• Like 1

Thank you all that put me at ease.  Im back baby!!! On board and eating a guys burger now.  Very happy with the whole check in process over all out if Galveston. Happy to reply to any questions. 

Edited by seaman11
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, seaman11 said:

Update. No issues with health questions.  Very smooth covid card checks. Many stations and handled quickly. Check in was easy. Now waiting to be called by letter zone to board. 20210715_104755.thumb.jpg.467eebef27a5ac52aff8d83740fdee30.jpg

20210715_105026.jpg

OMG thank you!  but 1st yay glad you're all set and getting on.  But the thank you was for take this pic with the back to fun.  I've been looking for it all over the internet with no success 🤭  HAVE A BLAST FOR ALL OF US

• Like 1