10% Celebrity Members Only Bonus

bajathree

12 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

If you want a refundable deposit it eats the 10% savings, FYI. $800+ more than a NRD for a 7 night cruise.

Crazy! I had no idea that my Alaska booking was a refundable deposit! Just got off the phone with a warehouse TA who was informed by Celebrity that this was the case for us. We got a good price for both of our upcoming cruises, but it sure would have been nice to save 10%!

1 hour ago, upwarduk said:

Only for Alaska & Caribbean, so Silhouette also excluded.

Price adjusted for our Silhouette ABC Island cruise and got the discount.

1 hour ago, _Rick_ said:

Wondering if I can rebook my already booked, already paid cruise and get the lower price?

We had our price adjusted, not sure if that is the same as rebooking.

Diane

• Like 2

I did a price check on a Caribbean cruise in January 2022 that I booked 10 days ago.

With the 10% discount I would save $2 per person for the entire cruise !!!

Obviously Celebrity raised the price enough to nullify the 10% discount !!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From what our Celebrity PVP told us, he was not allowed to refare any of our existing bookings, to include our 3 Edge cruises in August, because their original booking dates were well before July 15, 2021. The reason was because of the first line in the T&C at the bottom of the promo page:

*Cruise must be booked between July 15, 2021 and August 31, 2021 (the “Offer Period”). Offer only applies to select sailings departing between July 23, 2021 and March 31, 2022 in the Caribbean and Alaska.

Anyone have any luck getting their existing Caribbean or Alaska booking(s) refared, without changing the original booking date, if it made economical sense to do so?

• Like 1

Just looked to see if we would save anything since I just did a stateroom category change on our August 7th sailing yesterday.

Cannot really understand why there is a charge on the all included line when no upgrades were purchased.

However if this is how Celebrity is faring with the discount I still have a better deal.

2 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

From what our Celebrity PVP told us, he was not allowed to refare any of our existing bookings, to include our 3 Edge cruises in August, because their original booking dates were well before July 15, 2021. The reason was because of the first line in the T&C at the bottom of the promo page:

*Cruise must be booked between July 15, 2021 and August 31, 2021 (the “Offer Period”). Offer only applies to select sailings departing between July 23, 2021 and March 31, 2022 in the Caribbean and Alaska.

Anyone have any luck getting their existing Caribbean or Alaska booking(s) refared, without changing the original booking date, if it made economical sense to do so?

Seems waiting pays off. We booked 7 days before they doubled the points.  Now we have a cruise that would have qualified for the discount had we not already booked.  Yes we had our choice of cabins,  u     but there are many available cabins that are just as good 

3 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

This  makes no sense since there is a price guarantee.  

33 minutes ago, CyberTag said:

This  makes no sense since there is a price guarantee.  

Their website specifically says “ If a lower cruise fare or different promotional offer advertised to the general public is found and your booking meets certain requirements, you may request to have that savings or promotion applied to your booking (savings options vary by whether the request is submitted before or after the final payment due date).”. 

I just phoned and got the pricing adjusted with the discount. My original booking was made in March. This is the third time I’ve had pricing adjusted either for lowered cruise fare or airfare for this trip. I’ve never had any problems. 👍

Edited by paulajj
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, TommyD3 said:

I did a price check on a Caribbean cruise in January 2022 that I booked 10 days ago.

With the 10% discount I would save $2 per person for the entire cruise !!!

Obviously Celebrity raised the price enough to nullify the 10% discount !!!

I looked at my confirmation again and apparently I have a group rate thru my TA.

Basically equals the 10% current offer !!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CyberTag said:

Their website specifically says “ If a lower cruise fare or different promotional offer advertised to the general public is found and your booking meets certain requirements, you may request to have that savings or promotion applied to your booking (savings options vary by whether the request is submitted before or after the final payment due date).”. 

I understand. All I can say is what he told me with regards to what was in the T&C of the promotion and what he was allowed to do. 

*Cruise must be booked between July 15, 2021 and August 31, 2021 (the “Offer Period”).

But I will also say we were able to refare 2 of our 3 August Edge cruises a couple of weeks ago with the CWC perk and actually got around $200 more back in OBC per leg than we anticipated, so we can't complain too much. 😎

1 hour ago, paulajj said:

I just phoned and got the pricing adjusted with the discount. My original booking was made in March. This is the third time I’ve had pricing adjusted either for lowered cruise fare or airfare for this trip. I’ve never had any problems. 👍

Glad to hear you were able to get the 10% discount applied. Did you phone your TA or was it with a Celebrity rep you got the discount applied? I also just noticed you're in Canada. I wonder if that played a part in your success?

Edited by Ken the cruiser

6 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Glad to hear you were able to get the 10% discount applied. Did you phone your TA or was it with a Celebrity rep you got the discount applied? I also just noticed you're in Canada. I wonder if that played a part in your success?

I phoned celebrity and talked to a rep. I booked my cruise online through Celebrity. 

I don’t think it has anything to do with being in Canada as I’m speaking to reps in the US. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, paulajj said:

I phoned celebrity and talked to a rep. I booked my cruise online through Celebrity. I don’t think it has anything to do with being in Canada as I’m speaking to reps in the US. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I was just curious. Glad you were able to get your 10% discount.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CyberTag said:

The phrase "offer advertised to the general public".... might be how they can avoid the match...this was only offered to certain loyalty members and not the general public.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kearney said:

The phrase "offer advertised to the general public".... might be how they can avoid the match...this was only offered to certain loyalty members and not the general public.

As well as the second part of that sentence which is clearly defined in the promotion's T&C:

“ If a lower cruise fare or different promotional offer advertised to the general public is found and your booking meets certain requirements, you may request to have that savings or promotion applied to your booking (savings options vary by whether the request is submitted before or after the final payment due date).”

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

As well as the second part of that sentence which is clearly defined in the promotion's T&C:

“ If a lower cruise fare or different promotional offer advertised to the general public is found and your booking meets certain requirements, you may request to have that savings or promotion applied to your booking (savings options vary by whether the request is submitted before or after the final payment due date).”

I wonder what they mean by "meets certain requirements"... sounds vague enough to give them wiggle room...but I suspect if you. push it... the squeaky wheel theory. I would love to try. but my Nov cruise cabins are fully booked ..or so it appears.

• Like 1