10% Celebrity Members Only Bonus

bajathree

10 minutes ago, CyberTag said:

I filled out my form on Friday and haven't received anything back yet.  When is your cruise?  Are you after final payment?  Did they email you and tell you you received the credit or is it online?  

The cruises we got OBC added to sail on Aug 14 and Aug 21. Yes, we got an email this time, but check your booking just in case they haven't sent you one yet like what happened to us the previous time. Just log into your account, go to your booking and then Manage Reservation. Then click on Excursions or Dining. Once either of those screens come up, it will show what the existing OBC is posted. Hopefully more than you were expecting.

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

The cruises we got OBC added to sail on Aug 14 and Aug 21. Yes, we got an email this time, but check your booking just in case they haven't sent you one yet like what happened to us the previous time. Just log into your account, go to your booking and then Manage Reservation. Then click on Excursions or Dining. Once either of those screens come up, it will show what the existing OBC is posted. Hopefully more than you were expecting.

49 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

thank you! I will keep checking.  Our cruise isn’t until Oct 2 so maybe that’s why we haven’t received a response yet.  Did you book directly through Celebrity?  

27 minutes ago, CyberTag said:

thank you! I will keep checking.  Our cruise isn’t until Oct 2 so maybe that’s why we haven’t received a response yet.  Did you book directly through Celebrity?  

Yes. We book all of our cruises through our Celebrity Vacation Planner.

Yesterday afternoon, I filled out as much as I was able to on the form, saved it and emailed the pdf to the email address given.  In my email I gave all the other pertinent info that I was unable to enter onto the form.  I received an automatic reply that my email had been received.

This afternoon I received an email from bestprice@rccl.com saying they were unable to open my attached pdf.  (I immediately sent the pdf to both my sister and a friend and both of them were able to open it with no problem so I'm not sure why the bestprice team couldn't open it!)

I re-sent the form (in both pdf and jpeg format this time)l  Hopefully they are able to open it now.  And hopefully I get an OBC for $245!!  Note:  my cruise is in September and final payment has already been made.

For a November cruise booking I have, I was able to get it re-priced and saved myself over $750.

Edited by jcpc
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, jcpc said:

Yesterday afternoon, I filled out as much as I was able to on the form, saved it and emailed the pdf to the email address given.  In my email I gave all the other pertinent info that I was unable to enter onto the form.  I received an automatic reply that my email had been received.

This afternoon I received an email from bestprice@rccl.com saying they were unable to open my attached pdf.  (I immediately sent the pdf to both my sister and a friend and both of them were able to open it with no problem so I'm not sure why the bestprice team couldn't open it!)

I re-sent the form (in both pdf and jpeg format this time)l  Hopefully they are able to open it now.  And hopefully I get an OBC for $245!!  Note:  my cruise is in September and final payment has already been made.

For a November cruise booking I have, I was able to get it re-priced and saved myself over $750.

Please post an update when you hear back.  Still waiting on notification re our October cruise.  Was told it may take up to 14 days to hear back.  

A quick question.  Where is the discount listed and is there a time limit on it.    Also is it only available for certain sailings and date ranges. 

I have 5 reservations and having my agent checking on it.

4 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

A quick question.  Where is the discount listed and is there a time limit on it.    Also is it only available for certain sailings and date ranges. 

Any stateroom for Caribbean and Alaska sailings from July 23, 2021 to March 31, 2022. Must be booked by August 31. On the Celebrity site the discount shows up as "CC Discount" next to where the NRD Discount appears. Agent invoice looks slightly different but it's identifiable. 

18 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Here is the Celebrity link:

Offer Details (celebritycruises.com)

T&C Excerpt; *Cruise must be booked between July 15, 2021 and August 31, 2021 (the “Offer Period”). Offer only applies to select sailings departing between July 23, 2021 and March 31, 2022 in the Caribbean and Alaska. Not applicable on Celebrity Apex, repositioning or Galapagos sailings. Captain’s Club Savings Offer (the “Offer”): Eligible Booking will each receive a saving of 10% from their applicable cruise fare excluding cruise taxes and fees for selected sailings departing up to March 2022. 

20 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Jim,

I received an email from the Captain's Club on July 15th regarding this offer.  Check your spam - you probably have the email too.  

Edited by jcpc

3 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Here is the Celebrity link:

Offer Details (celebritycruises.com)

T&C Excerpt; *Cruise must be booked between July 15, 2021 and August 31, 2021 (the “Offer Period”). Offer only applies to select sailings departing between July 23, 2021 and March 31, 2022 in the Caribbean and Alaska. Not applicable on Celebrity Apex, repositioning or Galapagos sailings. Captain’s Club Savings Offer (the “Offer”): Eligible Booking will each receive a saving of 10% from their applicable cruise fare excluding cruise taxes and fees for selected sailings departing up to March 2022. 

Hi - -even though the T&C state the cruise must be booked between July 15, 2021 and August 31, 2021, Celebrity has been processing the discount to reservations made before the July 15, 2021 date.  Our cruise was reserved in June 2021 and we got the discount.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ev8876 said:

Hi - -even though the T&C state the cruise must be booked between July 15, 2021 and August 31, 2021, Celebrity has been processing the discount to reservations made before the July 15, 2021 date.  Our cruise was reserved in June 2021 and we got the discount.  

I agree. When we initially called our X PVP, he said our bookings were dated outside the threshold and we did not qualify. Then on CC I heard folks were actually getting the 10% discount on their bookings that were made much earlier in the year. So we sent in the Best Price Offer form and we got the discount in OBC post to our bookings' accounts as they are all past the final payment due date.

As far as our X PVP, he was just telling us what his supervisor was telling him, and we understand that. But, I have to say, we really like having the option of sending in the Best Price Offer form when we see prices have gone down on applicable cruises when doing a fake booking! 😎

• Like 2

On 7/20/2021 at 4:21 PM, CyberTag said:

I am on the same Oct 2 cruise. Final payment also made a few weeks ago. Booked through a travel agent though. I emailed my agent and got a reply from him the next morning saying Celebrity has credited 10% as OBC in my account. I logged into the cruise planner, and there it is, the 10% OBC. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ev8876 said:

Yep, me too. My  cruise was booked early July, and was issued the OBC

We booked well over a year ago and our fare is significantly lower than the going rate.  Our Nov cruise is listed in the offer.  Are we eligible for the 10% discount?  I’d be happy with it as OBC.

2 minutes ago, 81Zoomie said:

We booked well over a year ago and our fare is significantly lower than the going rate.  Our Nov cruise is listed in the offer.  Are we eligible for the 10% discount?  I’d be happy with it as OBC.

Could you please clarify?  Are you saying that the fare at which you booked is much lower than the fare now?  (That’s how I read your post.)  If so, and if it’s more than 10% lower, you wouldn’t benefit from the promo. The promo is 10% off the current fare. That’s why folks who booked at the same or a higher fare are having their cruises re-priced (or, apparently, getting OBC if past final payment).  Sorry if I’ve misunderstood your post. 

Yes, we are fortunate to have rebooked in mid 2020 and got in before the big price hikes.  However, it reads like there is a 10% bonus to CC members regardless of fare.  Just wondering???

30 minutes ago, 81Zoomie said:

Yes, we are fortunate to have rebooked in mid 2020 and got in before the big price hikes.  However, it reads like there is a 10% bonus to CC members regardless of fare.  Just wondering???

No. Follow the link for the promo, go to the included sailings, and then you’ll see the cruise fares. Or, start a new booking for your cruise on X’s site, put in your Captain’s Club number, and you’ll see the cruise fare with the promo applied, which is 10% off the current fare. The promo is for bookings made during certain dates, which means the rates on those dates. People who booked earlier are allowed to re-price their cruises because Celebrity allows folks to take advantage of price drops before final payment. 

I'm going to apply for this repricing for our October cruise after our first X cruise coming up in another week.  This offer says it is for Captains Club Classic members and above only.  Right now we have 0 points. LOL.   I wish I could reprice my cruise in a week, but Nooooo, X cruise virgins are not eligible, I guess.  The extra OBC would be nice.

How long does it normally take after a cruise is over to get your Captains Club points?

Just got our August cruise on the Edge repriced using this; while our cabin is more expensive now than it was when we booked, after the discount it's about $100 less, and got the OBC applied without hassle.

• Like 2

On 7/21/2021 at 6:32 PM, seapad said:

I am on the same Oct 2 cruise. Final payment also made a few weeks ago. Booked through a travel agent though. I emailed my agent and got a reply from him the next morning saying Celebrity has credited 10% as OBC in my account. I logged into the cruise planner, and there it is, the 10% OBC. 

Where in the Cruise Planner do you see it?

33 minutes ago, BridgeMates said:

Where in the Cruise Planner do you see it?

Pull up the applicable cruise, then go to Manage Reservation. Then go down to Shore Excursions, Drink or Dining Packages and click on either one. Your available OBC should be clearly displayed (if there is any that is).