Bottled water prices on Carnival

tarps14

I am not really sure I should be pointing this out, however, here goes nothing.  Don't know if others have noted this, but, under "In Room Food and Beverages", they list the bottled water prices.  For $3.95 you can get ONE of the large (50.72oz) bottles of water.  Yet for ONE dollar more, $4.95, you can get an entire case of the 16.2 sizes (much easier to tote around).  What kind of sense does that make?  We are Platinum so we would get two of the large bottles, however, I would rather just pay the small fee for the case and get it delivered and get the two large bottles if we run out, which is highly unlikely.

Totally agree.  I run on the track and the rest of my family goes to the gym so we prefer the 16 oz bottles to take with us.  Although we drink the water available on the ship, we always order a couple cases of water too.

Edited by csm5986142

Yes, we get the pack of water also.   Easy to pack in our bag when heading off for an excursion, and good to have in the cabin, too.   They will deliver it the first day of the cruise if it's not already in your room by the time you get there.    

• Like 1

2 hours ago, overeasy said:

A few years ago we could schlepp our own water on board. When that ended, the reasonably-priced packs of water were introduced. That's how I remember it anyway.

We brought canned carbonated water onboard. It's just bottled water you cant being now.

1 hour ago, TNcruising02 said:

We always preorder the pack of water each cruise.  It's a good price.

we order water if don't get drink pkg. if have drink pkg just get a bottle from bar whenever heading to room so I have a couple extra for going ashore

• Like 1

Funny story on the Vista for 33 days in 2016. I ordered a couple of packs and got to my cabin and there were 6 packs. I try to tell my stewardess I didn’t order all those and somebody might be missing their’s. Nobody seemed to care, so I passed some to friends on board.

I like flavored sparkling water, so will usually bring some of that, plus order a pack or 2 from Carnival.

18 hours ago, overeasy said:

A few years ago we could schlepp our own water on board. When that ended, the reasonably-priced packs of water were introduced. That's how I remember it anyway.

Memory serves you well.  When the stopped allowing bottles to be carried on they reduced the price of the water - kind of had to.  The pack of water is one of the more reasonably priced things you can get, it is still inflated a bit - but not like a lot of the other beverages you can pre order (example: $10 for a 6 pack of canned pop)

We always get 12 bottles delivered too so it is in the room waiting.  I drink mostly water and we too take them off the ship for all our excursions.