Difficult to change booked cruise to different one?

janroatan

4 minutes ago, janroatan said:

Booked cruise ( not final payment date yet)Saw the one week previous cruise has better itinerary.

Is it possible to switch?

Price basically the same (+$25)

Yes, we have done it quite a few times over the years. Call your PCC, TA, or the NCL general 800#.

20 minutes ago, janroatan said:

Booked cruise ( not final payment date yet)Saw the one week previous cruise has better itinerary.

Is it possible to switch?

Price basically the same (+$25)

Never heard of Switching a cruise. You cancel one and book the other

as long as it's before the final payment  is due, you can do just about anything, cancel entirely, change names on the cruise, change cabins(if it;s a higher category cabin, of course pay the difference,) add another cruiser. just make sure its before the final payment is due.

1 hour ago, victory2020 said:

If you did air through NCL make sure it's 90 days before cruise, after that you can't add air through them

Normally true but currently: "Reservation must be made more than 90 days prior to sailing to qualify; with the exception of the following ships/sailings which have 60 days prior:

• Epic 9/5/21-11/11/21; Getaway 9/13/21-11/24/21 and Jade 7/20/21-11/7/21.

However, I tried to do a mock booking on the Getaway for October and when the airfare wasn't listed, I did an online chat and they told me it wasn't available because of the 90 day provision - this was before I found the above info.  So sadly the agents aren't fully aware.

I think ,like everything, it depends on who answers the phone/your TA’s policies. I had a cruise I wanted to cancel and re-book onto a different ship due to NCl changing the itinerary and my TA made  it a multi-step process. I also had the same thing happen with NCL where they made me wait until my cruise next certificate was returned to my account before I could use it again. I was expecting to do the same when I wanted to switch from sailing on the Sky to the Caribbean sailing on the Bliss (now Encore) to Alaska for September for the same week. The agent was able to switch me right away. 

Just now, julig22 said:

Normally true but currently: "Reservation must be made more than 90 days prior to sailing to qualify; with the exception of the following ships/sailings which have 60 days prior:

• Epic 9/5/21-11/11/21; Getaway 9/13/21-11/24/21 and Jade 7/20/21-11/7/21.

However, I tried to do a mock booking on the Getaway for October and when the airfare wasn't listed, I did an online chat and they told me it wasn't available because of the 90 day provision - this was before I found the above info.  So sadly the agents aren't fully aware.

Really? I have a friend who wanted to do my Sept 23 cruise & I was told you have to book air 90 days ahead. Option was not showing up on website. How could she book if no one is aware & website won't let you?

4 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

Really? I have a friend who wanted to do my Sept 23 cruise & I was told you have to book air 90 days ahead. Option was not showing up on website. How could she book if no one is aware & website won't let you?

Best I can tell you is to have her call/chat and point them to the promotional terms & conditions.  If the initial person can't help, ask for a supervisor.

https://www.ncl.com/termsandconditions/promotions

Edited by julig22

About 2 months ago, I switched (yes switched), my 12/26/21 Encore to the 08/21/21 Encore sailing. Same reservation number and everything. Only lost my BOGO Air because we switched at the 78 day mark. It can be done.

No AIR ,or FCC  involved; Booked May 5 for Joy out of Miami,  (Oct 19) decided that wasn't a good option, on June 8, called 800 # for NCL, changed ship to Bliss departing out of LOs Angeles, Oct 24th.   Deposit moved to new sailing , same reservation number. Both these cruises are 2021

10 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

If you are pre-final payment, it is a cancel and rebook. No such thing as "switching". 

I just switched from the Getaway Mediterranean  (prior to final payment) to Alaska.  I kept my original booking date and booking number.  They also moved my shareholder credit over.  I had additional unused fcc leftover and they let me use it for excursions and to pay my dsc. My fcc and cruise next was due to expire in October, 2021.  My pcc and the shore excursions staff were very flexible and extremely helpful. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

If you are pre-final payment, it is a cancel and rebook. No such thing as "switching". 

Unless it is the same ship, same cabin class. I just switched to a lower deck and still have the same res.# plus I saved I think a dollar fifty! 🙂

• 2 weeks later...