Oceania Protocols announced 7/28/2021

Queen of DaNile

13 minutes ago, Rrehfe4969@aol.com said:

Oceania just sent august 29 th cruisers on marina an e mail advising that Russia is closed and itinerary will change and masks are required on ship at all times even outside unless eating or drinking and those cruisers can cancel up until 14 days before cruise but must use fcc on cruise sailing before dec 31 2022. More to come I am sure

Richard 

I had a feeling that was going to happen. I am soooo glad I cancelled this cruise back in April. It will be interesting to see how many people don't cancel. Will there be enough people to even run the cruise? 

I believe I gave everyone a fairly solid forewarning on the mask issue. Europe requires masks. If one wants to travel internationally, a mask will be required for probably the next 18 months. Get use to it or stay in the US and don’t sail.

• Like 4

I'm on the Nov 19 TA.  Most of it will be in international waters.  I have no problem wearing a mask in public before the ship and on the ship in territorial waters.  Like Rrehfe4969, I too wear a mask a lot right now.  I have to at work.  I just hope we don't have to wear them in the middle of the Atlantic.  If so I will gain so much weight with the CONSTANT eating and drinking.  🥩🍺

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, pinotlover said:

I believe I gave everyone a fairly solid forewarning on the mask issue. Europe requires masks. If one wants to travel internationally, a mask will be required for probably the next 18 months. Get use to it or stay in the US and don’t sail.

It depends where you are within Europe.  I am currently on the Seabourn Ovation in Greece and passengers do not need to wear masks anywhere on the ship.  

Hank

• Like 2

It would be a relief for me to be in many EU countries. In France, where I have spent a large portion of my life, the mandates would be less than my home country of Canada, and many portions of the US (eg. California). At least they recognize privileges and freedoms for the fully-vaccinated.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2021 at 1:59 PM, Rrehfe4969@aol.com said:

Wear one now everywhere so no different for me. Usually drinking or eating outside of cabin. May try some in cabin dining this year

richard 

Actually, I love the in cabin dining..watch a good movie or Stu and I just chat away have at least one or two dinners in cabin each trip..favorite is from Polo Prime rib bone in and pick up bone (cant in restaurant) and chomp away..of course have to wear robe wouldnt want to get clothes dirty..

Please don tell anyone,

Jancruz1

• Like 9
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Jancruz said:

"... favorite is from Polo Prime rib bone in and pick up bone (cant in restaurant) and chomp away ... of course have to wear robe wouldn't want to get clothes dirty..

Please don tell anyone,

Jancruz1

😅 🤣 😂 That's a whole new side of you that I never imagined.

• Haha 1

For anyone booked on Marina in 2 weeks, she is on the move. Left Civitavecchia headed for Barcelona. Maybe picking up supplies there before heading to Copenhagen. This is from marine traffic.com

Where is this vessel going to?
The vessel departed from CIVITAVECCHIA, IT on 2021-08-12 16:21 LT (UTC +2) and is currently sailing at 11.5 knots with Southwest direction heading to BARCELONA, ESwith reported Estimated Time of Arrival at 2021-08-14 07:00 LT (UTC +2) local time (in 1 day, 11 hours )

On 8/7/2021 at 9:56 PM, Jancruz said:

Actually, I love the in cabin dining..watch a good movie or Stu and I just chat away have at least one or two dinners in cabin each trip..favorite is from Polo Prime rib bone in and pick up bone (cant in restaurant) and chomp away..of course have to wear robe wouldnt want to get clothes dirty..

Please don tell anyone,

Jancruz1

I'm with you, Jancruz!

On 7/29/2021 at 8:10 AM, Noxequifans said:

#4 is interesting. Pre-embarkation testing? Even if you are fully vaccinated? 

Yes this is vague and ambiguous. I am assuming they mean Covid-19 testing, (but there are several kinds of tests), but there are no specifics listed. We just flew back from Rome to Atlanta this past Sunday and we got Covid tests in Rome, but they had to be negative AND within 72 hours of the flight. And is Oceania providing the testing booths or do we need to get a Farmacia in Istanbul (our first cruise in October) and Rome (our second Oceania TA in November).  I will call Oceania I suppose. Years of Marketing Communications make me always dissect statements and try to interpret them!

Edited by mybagsarepacked

On our European cruise last month, we were required to have an Antigen test within 72 hours of boarding. Since we got to Europe a week before the cruise, we simply got our tests done via a Pharmacy. 

Oceania has a cruise departing in a little over a week. I’m surprised about the vagueness. Perhaps those actually cruising have been given more details .

37 minutes ago, mybagsarepacked said:

Yes this is vague and ambiguous. I am assuming they mean Covid-19 testing, (but there are several kinds of tests), but there are no specifics listed. We just flew back from Rome to Atlanta this past Sunday and we got Covid tests in Rome, but they had to be negative AND within 72 hours of the flight. And is Oceania providing the testing booths or do we need to get a Farmacia in Istanbul (our first cruise in October) and Rome (our second Oceania TA in November).  I will call Oceania I suppose. Years of Marketing Communications make me always dissect statements and try to interpret them!

If you look at the vaccine attestation section on the online check-in it says it will be a "COVID-19 antigen test, which will be paid for and administered by the cruise line..." 

Edited by clairol

It is important to check the SailSafe FAQ frequently --  this is what I read this week, as we are leaving soon for Copenhagen to board the Marina.  I find the language not vague at all. 

Am I required to test for Covid prior to traveling?

Oceania Cruise strongly encourages all guests to take a COVID-19 PCR test 3 to 4 days prior to traveling to the ship, as an added precaution. If a PCR test is not readily available, then we encourage guests to at a minimum take a laboratory administered COVID-19 Antigen test prior to travel. Further, as the entry requirements by country are evolving, we recommend that all guests consult with local government websites to determine any additional requirements, including additional pre-cruise testing that may be required

to travel. Guests that fail to test prior to departure or cannot provide proof of a negative laboratory supplied test result and subsequently test positive for COVID-19 upon embarkation will not be reimbursed for quarantine or return travel arrangements.

• Like 1

Thanks as I just read it 20 minutes ago and skipped right over that last sentence. This is very informative as we were leaving 4 days early and we were not planning on testing  but now I see no other choice as we do not want to be out all of our money if we test positive before boarding ship.  Thinking about getting booster shot early September just to be on safe side as it has been 7 months since last shot. Hopefully Walgreens want check status and we can receive booster as we will be in Europe when eligibility kicks in for us.  
richard and Kim rehfeldt

madison Mississippi 

The last info I saw was a recommendation from O to get a test 72 hours before flying for your embarkation. No sense making a flight to a foreign country and being positive and then blocked from taking the cruise. Second, all guests will be tested as a part of the Embarkation process and then you will be allowed aboard. In our case, we are arriving back into the US, so We expect to be given a test 72 hours prior to disembarkation. 
Every country gets to make rules so who knows what requirements there will be when we actually get wherever we are going. 
Just my thoughts.

Gerry

I think its (generally) 72-hours prior to your arrival in your destination country. Can be a significant difference when traveling longer distances. For return to the US, its a 3-day limit, making it easier on the traveler.

don’t forget to take time zone changes into account when you are comparing your arrival time to the 72 hour window.