Is the chops lunch or royal lunch worth it?

8 minutes ago, christinand said:

Has anyone gone to either of these? I wasn’t planning to buy a dining package but i thought i’d try one lunch. I’m just wondering if they are worth the price or if i can do just as well in the main dining room.

We enjoyed Chops lunch is decent value worth giving a go.

Haven’t tried royal lunch and doesn’t really apppeal.

44 minutes ago, christinand said:

Has anyone gone to either of these? I wasn’t planning to buy a dining package but i thought i’d try one lunch. I’m just wondering if they are worth the price or if i can do just as well in the main dining room.

I do a chops lunch at least once a cruise.  It is definitely worth it for us.

To me, Chops lunch is well worth it, especially on embarkation day.  Avoiding the crowds (pre-covid) while enjoying a sumptuous, leisurely lunch is definitely something to try.  I haven't done the Royal Lunch yet but plan on it someday -- seems like a mini version of the Chef's Table which I've done and is an excellent culinary experience.  

57 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

Chops lunch has a different menu so just be aware! $$$$ fir a sandwich or burger .😇

But price is about half what dinner is and you still can get a nice appetizer, a steak and a dessert. 

We booked the Chops lunch for embarkation day then got refunded because we had the dining package. It was a great way to start the cruise! All of the food was 10/10 forks.

Carpaccio;IMG_7788.thumb.jpeg.fd9d0245b4eabdd3aebab8cc291b1893.jpeg

Shrimp Cocktail;IMG_7789.thumb.jpeg.7b635c2a94310a80b7a7101cd65c8b70.jpeg

Caesar Salad with Filet Mignon - SO GOOD!;IMG_7790.thumb.jpeg.59adcd69e9150f5c234cf265e109aaa0.jpeg

Chocolate Yummy for desert;IMG_7791.thumb.jpeg.083a48b2713f7c2c48f76318b348f408.jpeg

MENU;IMG_7786.thumb.jpeg.b8cdfb558d9bf950731f68108e1c3eb4.jpeg 

Edited by HBCcruiser
added menu
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, George C said:

But price is about half what dinner is and you still can get a nice appetizer, a steak and a dessert. 

But we can get BOGO and you can get The Bacon 😋...just saying be aware if the different menu for lunch .

On 7/30/2021 at 8:14 AM, HicksRA said:

The filet at lunch is 8 oz. compared to a 9 oz. at dinner.  Hardly enough to notice and at a much better price. Lunch at Chops is a great deal. 

I did a comparison the other day and noticed the 1 oz difference and then a few added entree choices for dinner.  That was enough for me to decide lunch was a good deal.  

2 hours ago, Akalways said:

I did a comparison the other day and noticed the 1 oz difference and then a few added entree choices for dinner.  That was enough for me to decide lunch was a good deal.  

But ... the pepper Bacon .😋