Live - Symphony of the Seas Simulation Cruise August 1

5 minutes ago, Lorey2007 said:

Thanks so much for this review.

Do you know if you could get a couple of bottles of water or unopened can of soda using diamond vouchers or not to take back to your cabin.

I totally forgot about the Diamond vouchers, but Matthew at the cabana reminded us and used them for our drinks on CocoCay.  We would think  you could use them for unopen waters or soda but I'm not sure.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Host Anne said:

I totally forgot about the Diamond vouchers, but Matthew at the cabana reminded us and used them for our drinks on CocoCay.  We would think  you could use them for unopen waters or soda but I'm not sure.  

It is interesting that you had Diamond vouchers and a functioning Diamond lounge. My understanding is Allure did not have the vouchers. The DL was open but no drinks or food on its test cruise.

• Like 1

Thank you for taking us along!  

Fingers crossed that COVID testing will be a thing of the past in April 2022.  We get off Celebrity Apex one day in Port Everglades and embark on Harmony the next day in Port Canaveral.  Could be tricky.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Host Anne said:

Thanks everyone for the kind words.  It was a great experience!

Thank you for confirming Royal Genie Sunil is onboard. I sure hope he is still onboard in January when we sail. He's our absolute favorite Royal Genie. He goes way over and above to ensure your cruise is nothing short of amazing. We can't wait to see him!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

It is interesting that you had Diamond vouchers and a functioning Diamond lounge. My understanding is Allure did not have the vouchers. The DL was open but no drinks or food on its test cruise.

I didn't know we had the vouchers.  It was Matthew at CocoCay who told us they were on our account.  I am sure they are trying to slowly bring everything back and perhaps they just weren't ready to serve in the Diamond lounge on Allure.  

• Like 1

wow this was a great treat to read how Royal Caribbean is starting back up.  Loved the pics and loved how you answered everyone's questions.  You don't need to answer this question, but it made me think. "What if you enter MDR for dinner and forget your phone; how do you read the menu without QR code reader on your phone?"  Cheers and look forward to more great reviews.

7 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

"What if you enter MDR for dinner and forget your phone; how do you read the menu without QR code reader on your phone?"  Cheers and look forward to more great reviews.

people who posted other reviews said paper menus were available upon request.

35 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

wow this was a great treat to read how Royal Caribbean is starting back up.  Loved the pics and loved how you answered everyone's questions.  You don't need to answer this question, but it made me think. "What if you enter MDR for dinner and forget your phone; how do you read the menu without QR code reader on your phone?"  Cheers and look forward to more great reviews.

Great question....they will offer you a paper menu if you do not have a phone with you.  I believe it is that way in all the restaurants.  We did use the QR codes to look at the menu but it was only two days.  I really do not want to carry my phone everywhere and it really bothers me that everyone seems to be looking at their phones endlessly.  I cruise to get  away from the phone/computer, etc. 🙂

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Host Anne said:

Great question....they will offer you a paper menu if you do not have a phone with you.  I believe it is that way in all the restaurants.  We did use the QR codes to look at the menu but it was only two days.  I really do not want to carry my phone everywhere and it really bothers me that everyone seems to be looking at their phones endlessly.  I cruise to get  away from the phone/computer, etc. 🙂

I agree with you on the phone issue (sigh...), but I also know that my DH will definitely have his phone on him at all times (even though it will be in airplane mode), and my kid will definitely have his tablet at every MDR dinner (makes for a very peaceful dinner for all involved). We might use his tablet to look at the menus just because it's bigger and easier to look at. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Host Anne said:

Thanks for your answer.  You gave me a great idea.  We have a cruise in Oct with our best friends. I am going to request everyone leave their phones in safe while at dinner.  Cheers

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, demcruiser said:

Host Anne - did the Symphony pass her test cruise, haven't heard a thing ??

The CDC web site hasn't been updated to show that yet, but, none of the ships have ever failed so one can assume no issues for the first real sailing.