Deployment 2023-24 booking season begins

3 hours ago, twangster said:

Barbados is a popular embarkation port for UK residents

And for lots of other Europeans - Germany in particular. With lots of direct scheduled flights it’s a very popular cruise and stay, we’ve just done two weeks, one week an a Barbados hotel and one week on the Grandeur. 😀

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

The next new Royal Caribbean International cruise ship is heading to North America in 2023.

Set for a fall delivery, the Icon of the Seas will be sailing in the Caribbean, according to Michael Bayley, Royal Caribbean International’s president and CEO.

Additional deployment details will be revealed at a later date, with itineraries going into sale 12 to 18 months before the ship’s first cruise, he added during a press conference in Miami Beach on Monday.

The company currently operates from all key Florida homeports including Miami, Port Everglades, Port Canaveral and Tampa. 

First in a new class of LNG-powered cruise ships, the Icon of the Seas is currently under construction at the Meyer Turku shipyard in Finland.

In October, the vessel received its two 307-ton LNG fuel tank, which, according to Royal Caribbean, are the largest in the entire cruise industry.

Royal Caribbean previously said that the 5,000-passenger ship will “make waves” with a mix of innovations and adventures “cruising’s never seen before.”

Royal Caribbean’s New Icon of the Seas to Sail in the Caribbean - Cruise Industry News

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

MB slipped Miami as the home port a couple weeks ago during an interview but with MB you can't always tell if those interview slips will come to fruition.  Good to see reinforcement that it is indeed coming to Florida.

2 minutes ago, twangster said:

MB slipped Miami as the home port a couple weeks ago during an interview but with MB you can't always tell if those interview slips will come to fruition.  Good to see reinforcement that it is indeed coming to Florida.

There were already good indications it was coming to Miami before MB confirmed it.  All the key ships had their deployments released yet there was still an open berth at Terminal A in Miami for Saturday departures, one of the prime spots.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

There'll be 6 O class by 2024, so the odds are getting better.

Plus Icon .

Captain Loy has been deployed in Sydney for quite a while , I think he was on Radiance and one of the voyager class here not to mention his baby Ovation.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Time to start the 2024-2025 Watch Thread, is there one yet? If not we're Late compared to this Thread. 

Not late at all - the threads usually start late summer. Not much useful info this far out and even by summer it's lots of guessing and questionable port schedules.

Biker, who may start the thread in August as usual.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Not sure when popped up but Serenade is doing 2 Full Transit Panama Canal Cruises in Nov 2023. MIA-to LA and Back, 14nites each. Most Cabins available

About two days ago. I was watching for a repositioning from Boston to Miami and the Panama Canal showed up. Serenade has a few sailings from Boston ending November 3rd and the first Panama sailing out of Miami is November 7th. I guess there’s not going to be a revenue cruise from Boston to Miami. Seems odd because there’s been a repo every year. 

Edited by RosieRoo
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, RosieRoo said:

About two days ago. I was watching for a repositioning from Boston to Miami and the Panama Canal showed up. Serenade has a few sailings from Boston ending November 3rd and the first Panama sailing out of Miami is November 7th. I guess there’s not going to be a revenue cruise from Boston to Miami. Seems odd because there’s been a repo every year. 

Foreign flagged cruise ships cannot transport passengers from one US port and disembark in a different US port without first visiting a "distant" foreign port. This is due to the Passenger Vessel Services Act. I think Aruba is the closest "distant" foreign port, and a 4 night cruise (November 3-7) wouldn't have time to go from Boston to Aruba and then to Miami. They'll have to sail without passengers from Boston directly to Miami. 

25 minutes ago, SG65CB said:

Foreign flagged cruise ships cannot transport passengers from one US port and disembark in a different US port without first visiting a "distant" foreign port. This is due to the Passenger Vessel Services Act. I think Aruba is the closest "distant" foreign port, and a 4 night cruise (November 3-7) wouldn't have time to go from Boston to Aruba and then to Miami. They'll have to sail without passengers from Boston directly to Miami. 

Yes I know that. I was just saying it wouldn’t be a revenue cruise. In past years there has been a repositioning cruise every year from Boston that goes to the Caribbean and then ends in some Florida port. In 2022 it’s the Voyager, but in the past it has always been a Radiance class ship. I am just surprised that there is no repositioning leg from Boston in 2023 as that is always a very popular sailing. I’ve done it five or six times in past years. 

• Like 1

On 4/6/2022 at 10:17 PM, Robo1098 said:

I don't see that he said that? He mentioned going to the UK first but nothing about a home port. Where did you see this?

I bet she only does 2 short cruises from Southampton ( just to keep his promise) and then she’s outta there over to Miami. I’m expecting her TA mid October 2023…. 

6 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Not sure when popped up but Serenade is doing 2 Full Transit Panama Canal Cruises in Nov 2023. MIA-to LA and Back, 14nites each. Most Cabins available

Yes...I saw that great price but not the great ports that the Oct 2022 has...thoughts?

1 hour ago, texmex.ferr said:

Any idea when the spring 2024 TA's will be on sale?   

Probably late this year - follow the upcoming 2024-2025 deployment thread.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

I keep checking for the new thread!! 😉

There's so little info available before late summer (like nothing listed for RCI now for Gibraltar for example) it makes no sense to start the thread any earlier. Even then, most port entries for 2024 and beyond, for RCI, are usually placeholders.

Edited by Biker19

34 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

There's so little info available before late summer (like nothing listed for RCI now for Gibraltar for example) it makes no sense to start the thread any earlier. Even then, most port entries for 2024 and beyond, for RCI, are usually placeholders.

Ooooh....any hints for Europe 2024? 🙂