Silhouette’s Murano Restaurant

Poppie55

IMHO Murano is the ONLY restaurant really worth the charge!

OK, closely followed by Lawn Club Grill for al fresco dining. All others… not so much.

Edited by Miaminice
  • Like 1

You can also order other items in Murano - we have escargot this week in their. 

We did eat there every night, apart from the first. 

But then we had it included as part of our suite.

It is far busier on the first and last nights - so book early if wanting these nights. 

Hi.

have eaten there many times always been more than happy.

Have been with a group of friends a few times and been seated at the large table.

can anyone tell me how many people can be seated at that table?

We are booked to go with family members next year to celebrate a special Birthday 

and cannot remember how many that Table can accommodate.

Ian

2 hours ago, mrpie90 said:

Hi.

Have been with a group of friends a few times and been seated at the large table.

We are booked to go with family members next year to celebrate a special Birthday 

Ian

The long table in the 'private' room? I'll have to check photos. I think we had 8 or 10 in there. 

8 hours ago, mrpie90 said:

Hi.

Ian

Hi.  

We had 6 in the private room at the large table (oblong table).  You probably could have squeezed in 2 more but that would have been tight.  I have some pictures in my linked review when we were all there for dinner.

Noreen

Edited by Noreen411

If a speciality restaurant such as Murano has no availability on the app for a particular night, is it totally booked or do they keep some tables back for reservations on board? I might want to go again later in the week (have booked the 1st night on the discounted cost).

5 hours ago, phoenix1975 said:

If a speciality restaurant such as Murano has no availability on the app for a particular night, is it totally booked or do they keep some tables back for reservations on board? I might want to go again later in the week (have booked the 1st night on the discounted cost).

I'm sure they hold back something. 

On one 'recent' cruise (if there is such a thing) we tried to pre-purchase the 3 night specialty package. It was sold out. BUT... the 4 night and 5 night packages were available. Go figure. 

On 8/8/2021 at 4:44 PM, phoenix1975 said:

We have been on cruises where all the seats in the specialty restaurants were booked by a large group on board for that evening.  This made it challenging to make a reservation on other evenings.  

We went along to the front of house desk last Tuesday aboard Silhouette to see if we could get a table for Thursday, but all booked up until 9 pm.

We were told if we stick with 9 pm and turn up at 8.15 pm there would be a chance of a table being free. If not we could just wait with a drink in the Ensemble lounge.

A table was indeed free at 8.15 pm and it was the table we specifically wanted too.

On 8/8/2021 at 9:44 PM, phoenix1975 said:

They do keep some bookings back for guests with 3/4/5 night dining packages and higher suite guests with unlimited speciality dining. Suite guests usually make their bookings through the shoreside concierge or on boarding. Guests with dining packages usually make their reservations as they board.

On day two you could call at the speciality dining desk outside the buffet and ask about dining discounts generally and for Murano’s in particular. Discounted meals are often offered outside peak dining time. If there is no discount for Murano’s you can opt to just book another night or to risk waiting and popping back later in the cruise. 

Murano's in our experience is the restaurant that does get fully booked towards the end of the cruise...If after your first night you do decide you want to return I book sooner rather than later. 

On 8/5/2021 at 6:40 PM, Guest said:

Thinking of reserving Murano for hubby and I on our future cruise.

Has anyone who has eaten there feel it’s worth the $50. each?

Also, does anyone have inside info on whether lobster is a standard choice? That might be a deciding factor!

Fun to think about the future again!

Thank you.

It's the best restaurant onboard Celebrity ships in terms of food and service. 

The lobster, chateaubriand and dover sole are all worth trying. Avoid the venison, it's poor! The chocolate and grand marnier souffles are possibly the best deserts on the whole ship. 

You'll find that there are offers on the first night where you can book for between $25 to $30 per person. 

13 minutes ago, Moby Jones said:

It's the best restaurant onboard Celebrity ships in terms of food and service. 

The lobster, chateaubriand and dover sole are all worth trying. Avoid the venison, it's poor! The chocolate and grand marnier souffles are possibly the best deserts on the whole ship. 

You'll find that there are offers on the first night where you can book for between $25 to $30 per person. 

The lamb, tenderloin and duck breast are amazing!