Silhouette’s Murano Restaurant

Thinking of reserving Murano for hubby and I on our future cruise.

Has anyone who has eaten there feel it’s worth the $50. each?

Also, does anyone have inside info on whether lobster is a standard choice? That might be a deciding factor!

Fun to think about the future again!

Thank you.

4 minutes ago, Guest said:

Also, does anyone have inside info on whether lobster is a standard choice? That might be a deciding factor!

Thank you.

Check this out…

https://www.celebritycruises.com/ca/things-to-do-onboard/eat-and-drink/restaurants-and-cafes/murano

Murano is our favorite specialty, by far. Lots of people get the lobster. I personally love the rack of lamb.

There are often first night special discounts and you can sometimes get discounts later in the cruise. If you have a particular time you want to dine or specific day, I would reserve it in advance. With a discount, it is usually early or later in the evening.

8 minutes ago, Guest said:

Thank you.

We have dined in Murano’s numerous times but not (yet) on Silhouette...We feel it is a real speciality dining experience, we have never had a bad meal and always experienced excellent service.

We are not lobster experts but have on several occasions thoroughly enjoyed the lobster prepared tableside...Just watching the flambé skills is a really nice experience...

It's one specialty restaurant that we absolutely must do.

The lobster has always been on the menu when we've been, and it has always been fantastic, cooked perfectly tableside.    I'll usually go for the chateaubriand with a side of lobster and DW goes all-in for the lobster. 

And the crepes for dessert (also prepared tableside) are delicious!  (as are the souffles)

BTW, 1st night discounts are available.

1 minute ago, dkjretired said:

Lobster prepared at table is excellent as well as Chateaubriand for two. Outstanding is warm goat cheese soufflé appetizer and dark chocolate and grand mariner soufflé for dessert. Well worth it.

If can also be Chateaubriand for one if you're dedicated enough 😉

Or they'll bring a smaller portion, too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guest said:

Thank you.

The lobster dish is a regular menu item.

If you have a particular night and time you wish to dine there, make your reservation in advance.  If you are flexible, you should be able to obtain a discount.  A tip has been built into the price of the meal but we also  leave an additional tip.

Remember the Lobster is the Warm Water variety, vastly inferior to Maine Lobster.  It’s pot luck, as many are poor quality although I believe for an extra $20 you can order the Cold Water lobster. 
I would highly recommend the New Zealand Venison, it is usually exceptional.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Guest said:

Thank you.

We have dined there and it is well worth the 50.00 up charge.    Lobster is one of the menu choices and is nicely prepared and served with silver  dome service.    I think my preference is either the Dover Sole or the Rack of Lamb.      I've never had bad meal or service at Muranos on any ship.

• Like 1

IF you wait until you board, typically you can book onboard the first night- and sometimes other nights at a discounted special rate.  I like it for a special night out- but our favorite on the ship restaurant on the Reflection and Silhouette is the Lawn club grill.  Not fancy- but excellent freshly prepared food.

When we go to Murano, I find there sauces too heavy.  I get grilled lobster tails and filet.  Also, a good deal to  consider purchasing a package of three or more speciality restaurants.

Enjoy

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

IF you wait until you board, typically you can book onboard the first night- and sometimes other nights at a discounted special rate.  I like it for a special night out- but our favorite on the ship restaurant on the Reflection and Silhouette is the Lawn club grill.  Not fancy- but excellent freshly prepared food.

When we go to Murano, I find there sauces too heavy.  I get grilled lobster tails and filet.  Also, a good deal to  consider purchasing a package of three or more speciality restaurants.

Enjoy

You can actually book the first night discount online pre-cruise. 

We've negotiated discounts without the dining package for other nights on occasion, and we've also been unsuccessful in trying to do so. 

Edited by D C

In 2019 we booked it upon embarkation and got it for $35 I believe.  However, we enjoyed  it so much that we booked it as a "treat" for our last night as well (full price).  It is a wonderful atmosphere, and several dished, including the lobster, are prepared tableside. 

As an aside, the last night we ate there we asked for the same waitstaff that we had on embarkation day, which was accommodated.  My wife ordered the lobster again, because she enjoyed it the first night.  When the waiter brought the preparation cart tableside, he said he put in an order for "2", because he felt the typical portion size of 1 was not adequate that night.  Wow! 

Food was quite good everywhere, but exceptional in Murano!! 🙂

Dale

Edited by DENIE

4 hours ago, mickey89 said:

Remember the Lobster is the Warm Water variety, vastly inferior to Maine Lobster.  It’s pot luck, as many are poor quality although I believe for an extra $20 you can order the Cold Water lobster. 
I would highly recommend the New Zealand Venison, it is usually exceptional.

I believe the lobster tail served in Murano is from Maine.  The lobster served in the MDR and Blu are the warm water lobsters on Caribbean cruises.  However, on our Alaska cruise, all the lobsters were from Maine.  

1 hour ago, keesar said:

I believe the lobster tail served in Murano is from Maine.  The lobster served in the MDR and Blu are the warm water lobsters on Caribbean cruises.  However, on our Alaska cruise, all the lobsters were from Maine.  

I've seen the lobster tails in boxes while taking a cooking class in Muranos and they are definitely warm water.     In addition to the physical appearance there are no claws.    I worked in a Lobster place in Massachusetts when in High School so have lots of experience with those buggers.     I would say the ones they use in Murano are much larger and nicer than those served in other dining rooms.  If I recall from the box they were Australian. 

The only Maine Lobsters I've seen served on Celebrity was on a special sea food dinner on a New England cruise for a rather high price.  

• Like 1

We loved Murano on Silhouette.  We ate there most nights on our cruise.

I wrote a review/travelogue of our trip with pictures which I linked in my signature if you are interested.  I have a lot of food pictures since it is easier to remember to take a picture sitting down to eat than when running around.

Definitely go to Murano

Noreen

Ate in Murano's twice this week.

I had the lobster prepared/cooked at the table first time and the the Veal on the second visit.

The $50 pp is well worth it. We got our favourite table twice too. The corner seat facing out to sea.

The service was outstanding; as was the food.

We used to love Murano but the last two times we were there it was not very good. The server was rushed and inattentive and the lobster was mealy one time and very overcooked another time. Definitely not worth $50, unless they are paying me $50 to eat there. I have not actually had a good specialty restaurant experience on Celebrity in five years. Worst meal ever was in the Lawn Club Grill. Pitiful salad bar with a limited selection of the same things you can get in the buffet, overcooked meat, and very busy, inattentive servers. Best service on the ship is in Cafe al Bacio. 

November of 2019 we sailed on Silhouette. Booked Murano's I think the first or 2nd night. Was $30-35. We had the flambéed lobster cooked table side. Was very good. Our waiter said we are doing a lunch special 2 days later with a lobster tail and fillet for $20. We liked him so much plus the food that night was so good we said sign us up.

It was fabulous. We also booked another night and had the same flambéed lobster and had the same waiter by request he brought us 2 tails each.  By the of the cruise I thought I would never ever say that I ate too much lobster. But it was so good. In our opinion Muranos was excellent and the staff was top notch. Agree with others the first night is the most reasonable.

• Like 1

When we aren't in a sky suite or AQ we buy a package of specialty restaurants and eat every night in one.   Last cruise we took was Reflection in Feb. 2020, and we ate 3 nights in Murano.   Dover sole, chateaubriand, and our last night of the cruise we had a special dinner.   We had been visited at the table by the executive chef, as they do, and we were talking.   We asked him what HIS favorite thing to cook is - and he talked about a special rice and chicken dish, with some other sides.  It made him smile talking about his favorite.   OK, we said.  We would LOVE that if you could make it for us on ______ night.   He agreed, and we did!   He came out to sit with us a little bit that night.   It was so good.   I think the chefs must get tired of the same old same old.  We had a similar experience on Azamara Journey a couple years ago, where we talked to the chef and he made us HIS favorites one night upon request.    I'm not saying they can do it all the time, but it is worth asking.   

We love Murano and the service.   My photo here is from a dinner in Murano probably on Equinox a number of years ago.   We've never been able to finish the desserts so we get them sent to our cabin, along with the additional little candies.    Probably because we like the wine pairing and the cheese course!   lol  On nights we eat there and Tuscan Grill we usually just have some yogurt and berries for breakfast, some greens with grilled chicken for lunch -- saving up for the big meal.  

• Like 1

Hello,

I'm not sure whether the $50 charge for Murano is worth it.

However the discounted first night charge is certainly worth it.

Moreover, their once per week Lunch at $20 (after Elite Plus discount) is an absolute steal!

Regards,

Cublet