Price drop of $100

skings

Its more than 48 hours since I made my reservation on Anthem. Difference for price  paid for 1 passenger is $102 less (travelling solo). Am I being 

cheap to ask for ship credit? Would they give it to me if I asked?🤑🤔

After reading this thread, I called RCI and was on hold for about 10 minutes. I will get an email to confirm a $100 onboard credit for my solo 6-15 October 2021 Independence OTS from Galveston.

I saw the $100 price drop last week but was too lazy to follow up. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

If at anytime you see your cruise for a cheaper price can you ask to pay the new price or get OBC? 

Not sure on your side of the pond. Over here on the good side you just call and get a instant reprice, currently you can also get a non refundable  OBC if it is past final payment day. My wife has called as many as five times for a single cruise. 

19 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

If at anytime you see your cruise for a cheaper price can you ask to pay the new price or get OBC? 

Local laws in the UK don’t allow repricing like this, from what I understand. 

Edited by barbeyg

Just now, FamilyCruiserUK said:

My sisters cruise is currently cheaper then what she paid, she did ring rcl and was told no, as not booked under best price guarantee. Plot thickens

Lots of times, those that answer the phone have incorrect answers. I can’t count the number of times I knew more than the rep that answered the phone. However, maybe it was just easier for them to say that than to discuss laws. 🤷🏻‍♀️ We have friends in the UK, and they are envious of my repricing ability. 😁

To me - $100 is worth asking for definitely- and should honor as refund or OBC if inside of final payment.

Reality is - it’s just about how anxious you are to get it and how much your time is worth. I mean $100 - to me it’s worth waiting on hold for 30 minutes potentially for a RCL rep. $10 - I’d sent the email to RCL or my agent (if going that route) - but wouldn’t waste my time on the call - but again some people would wait an hour for less. 

$100 is a future cruise deposit one aboard - so $100 OBC is worth grabbing. Even if you don’t value $100 that much - make 5 employees days with a nice little extra tip. 

And yes - this is for US bookings only - EU might have different policies on fare changes. I know under Cruise With Confidence we were able to save $680 on our upcoming sailing and the most recent sail.

Edited by djefferis

58 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

My sisters cruise is currently cheaper then what she paid, she did ring rcl and was told no, as not booked under best price guarantee. Plot thickens

Refer them to RCI 🇬🇧 own site… 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/gbr/en/cruise-with-confidence

@barbeyg one for your UK friends too

Edited by little britain

On 8/8/2021 at 11:27 AM, skings said:

Its more than 48 hours since I made my reservation on Anthem. Difference for price  paid for 1 passenger is $102 less (travelling solo). Am I being 

cheap to ask for ship credit? Would they give it to me if I asked?🤑🤔

Always ask for a price drop - money in your pocket is better than in the cruise lines.  Good Luck!