Jeans in Dining Room for Dinner?

jdlg4silb

2 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

We had our first sighting of the rare bathrobed senior citizen at the Living Room bar this afternoon aboard Saturn😂

Was this the endangered Red-Beaked Wobbly or the Common Coot? Perhaps a bit early in the day for the former but you never know. 🪶

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

7 minutes ago, philw1776 said:

Bathrobe phenomena around the ship is new to me. Saw several on our June Into the Midnight Sun cruise. NOT talking about someone going to/from Spa but in the common areas like Living Room.

Sounds like a sighting of a Clueless Dingbat.🍸

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, philw1776 said:

Bathrobe phenomena around the ship is new to me. Saw several on our June Into the Midnight Sun cruise. NOT talking about someone going to/from Spa but in the common areas like Living Room.

We saw two dudes in bathrobes at Afternoon Tea. They came in to visit their significant others (who were dressed to the nines). It seemed like a lame attempt to mock and shock everyone.

14 minutes ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

We saw two dudes in bathrobes at Afternoon Tea. They came in to visit their significant others (who were dressed to the nines). It seemed like a lame attempt to mock and shock everyone.

It seems more and more these days that some people seek out attention no matter what kind of attention it may be.

Wouldn't be surprised if we will find a social media post of such a stunt. Look at all the stuffy old folks enjoying their old stuffy tradition of High Tea. Boring 😴

I for one enjoy it and the relaxing socializing that comes with it. Ta

Edited by Haqdeluxe

9 minutes ago, Haqdeluxe said:

I was told once when I was young.... wealth does not automatically bestow class upon anyone. Infact most often just the opposite. 

Many seem to have spent lots of time un learning everything their mothers taught them....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jim Avery said:

Many seem to have spent lots of time un learning everything their mothers taught them....

I suspect these days they choose to ignore these life lessons for nothing more than internet clout and their 15 minutes of fame. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Haqdeluxe said:

It seems more and more these days that some people seek out attention no matter what kind of attention it may be.

Wouldn't be surprised if we will find a social media post of such a stunt. Look at all the stuffy old folks enjoying their old stuffy tradition of High Tea. Boring 😴

I for one enjoy it and the relaxing socializing that comes with it. Ta

Noted a little typo. Rather than High Tea, in the afternoon they are serving Afternoon Tea.

High Tea is a different meal, usually served after 17:00 and comes with a plated dinner of meat, chips & veg, plus the tea and cake/pastries/scones triple decker stand. Often served in a village pub, so you can also wash it down with a few pints.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

Sounds like a sighting of a Clueless Dingbat.🍸

Too good! 

And, by the way, I am seeing that this formerly rare species is making a comeback after COVID, and actually thriving, multiplying fast, and no doubt feeding well at the World Cafe 🙂

We are rules followers, and always obey them. We have only done one Viking Cruise previously, and it was a river cruise.

Our third time was the charm for a cruise Viking River that we fully paid for in October 2018 (for a small discount). During Covid cancellations by Viking River in 2020 and 2021, they kept our full payment until May 2022. We enjoyed our Amsterdam to Budapest cruise with a pre in Amsterdam and a post in Prague, except for the small corridors on the Longship (not good when avoiding others and wearing a mask), and having to sit at tables of 6 to 10, or more, while needing to test for Covid every morning.

We did, however, like the Viking cruising style, and are trying the Viking Ocean cruise on Mars this December.

We have seen pajama clad cruisers at breakfast on Regent and Paul Gauguin. Even more disturbing are those with only their bathrobe with obviously nothing underneath, on the same cruise lines. I also don't like anyone with nothing but a cover up top, and a swimsuit bottom sitting on chairs at the pool grill. I don't want to sit on those chairs.

We hope to enjoy our upcoming first cruise on Viking Ocean. We will be following al lof the rules, and will not be bringing anything that's not allowed (like appliances that produce heat) and will be wearing what we're expected to wear. Viking is so much easier to wear what's expected than some of the other cruise lines that we travel on.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Haqdeluxe said:

I was told once when I was young.... wealth does not automatically bestow class upon anyone. Infact most often just the opposite. 

Yes we have a saying ‘money can’t buy class’ 😀

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

Noted a little typo. Rather than High Tea, in the afternoon they are serving Afternoon Tea.

High Tea is a different meal, usually served after 17:00 and comes with a plated dinner of meat, chips & veg, plus the tea and cake/pastries/scones triple decker stand. Often served in a village pub, so you can also wash it down with a few pints.

I didn't want to be the one to say it.  You are correct.

We, too, are rule followers. I don’t mind looking nice for dinner. I am normally attired in jeans in the vast majority of venues we frequent. I think I just get lazy about dressing up a little more. I really enjoyed dressing up on a recent Disney cruise with my granddaughters!!

• Like 2