Inventory being released for booking

Just went out to check on our 11/21 Harmony cruise, and as of yesterday all that was showing as available were a few interior and ocean view cabins. Today all cabin categories from interior, ocean view, balcony, and suites from JS through Star class are available for booking. 

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Just went out to check on our 11/21 Harmony cruise, and as of yesterday all that was showing as available were a few interior and ocean view cabins. Today all cabin categories from interior, ocean view, balcony, and suites from JS through Star class are available for booking. 

I noticed the same thing for some of my bookings.  I guess they are expanding capacity.

27 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Or getting ready to cancel😉

John, when you and Laura did the Allure test cruise, were there any self-serve coffee (i.e. Park Cafe') stations available, or was everything served to you?

Edited by orville99

13 minutes ago, orville99 said:

John, when you and Laura did the Allure test cruise, were there any self-serve coffee (i.e. Park Cafe') stations available, or was everything served to you?

Closest I came to that was ice water at Sorrento's.  They served it.

I drank a lot of beer that was served to me

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Closest I came to that was ice water at Sorrento's.  They served it.

I drank a lot of beer that was served to me

Oh well, I guess we will just have to drink a lot more beer and sleep in later😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, orville99 said:

We didn’t see any self serve coffee either.

• Thanks 1

I think it is an issue of people cancelling. My Oct 31st allure had all suites except for jr. gone until the July/Aug protocols were released. Last week when testing became a thing, 4 star class and 3 sky class suites opened up. When I checked today it was still a bunch left. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I also think a lot of people must be cancelling.  Prices for the short trips out of PC dropped quite a bit yesterday for the Sept-Dec timeframe.  A November solo trip in a balcony was $700 last week and it is now $415.  My December 3 night in a balcony went from $470 to $338

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Or, capacity is going way up.

Fain did say that they would be increasing capacity by 10% each month until they reached full capacity. He pegged August at 35%, so by year end they should be somewhere near 75-80% capacity.

5 hours ago, molly361 said:

Prices for the short trips out of PC dropped quite a bit yesterday for the Sept-Dec timeframe.  A November solo trip in a balcony was $700 last week and it is now $415.  My December 3 night in a balcony went from $470 to $338

but NOT on our November Harmony cruises. The price is through the roof. I paid $1,800 for all 3 of us in a balcony, and now it's $1,719 PP for balcony.

That said, I think RCI may cancel our November cruises to comply with the CDC rule (14 day quarantine after a sailing originating in other countries).

But, yes, a whole bunch of cabins opened up.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

2 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

but NOT on our November Harmony cruises. The price is through the roof.

That said, I think RCI may cancel our November cruises to comply with the CDC rule (14 day quarantine after a sailing originating in other countries).

Unless extended (again) by the CDC, the current CSO expires on 10/31. If it gets extended, expect Harmony to do her Atlantic transit early enough so that the 14-day quarantine and potentially a test cruise are completed before November cruises begin.

3 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Unless extended (again) by the CDC, the current CSO expires on 10/31. If it gets extended, expect Harmony to do her Atlantic transit early enough so that the 14-day quarantine and potentially a test cruise are completed before November cruises begin.

I sure hope so, but I am not holding my breath. RCI would have to jump through a TON OF HOOPS to make your scenario happen.

I think the CSO will be extended.

I saw that a couple days ago with our Allure October cruise. I got the e-mail for RoyalUp and was surprised to see the various room types listed when, last time I looked, our cruise had virtually no suites left. Sure enough, when I checked it out almost all suite types were now available again.

27 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

but NOT on our November Harmony cruises. The price is through the roof. I paid $1,800 for all 3 of us in a balcony, and now it's $1,719 PP for balcony.

But, yes, a whole bunch of cabins opened up.

Book 2 cabins 😉

12 hours ago, ampurp85 said:

I think it is an issue of people cancelling. My Oct 31st allure had all suites except for jr. gone until the July/Aug protocols were released. Last week when testing became a thing, 4 star class and 3 sky class suites opened up. When I checked today it was still a bunch left. 

Same for 9/25 Symphony. We booked late because of a jump from NCL and got the last suite of any category.

now they are showing increased inventory daily; same for all classes of staterooms. I believe people are bailing out as the rules are released.

On 8/12/2021 at 10:35 AM, orville99 said:

Same for my Oasis Thanksgiving cruise.  For a long period of time the suite category was completely sold out, but now you have multiple options ranging from Sea to Star class.  This is quite unusual as Thanksgiving is a popular week for cruise and sold out fast.

The reason for the inventory increase may be due to people cancelling over Covid-19 testing and masking requirements, or it may be due to Royal increasing its capacity.  I guess only Royal knows what is going on.

Edited by PCHENG

7 hours ago, orville99 said:

I said that earlier, those Europe sailings the end of October will not make anywhere near the earnings those November sailings will make in the US. I really expect those last 3 sailings in Europe on Harmony to be canceled and for Harmony to sail back to the US early with only crew onboard.

Edited by Jimbo

On 8/12/2021 at 10:35 AM, orville99 said:

Probably has to do with CWC and protocol refusal cancellations. Rooms don't become available immediately one by one, and cancellation in the back office can take couple of weeks.

7 hours ago, orville99 said:

It's more likely they'll cancel the less profitable transatlantic cruise and sail empty to satisfy the 14 days since last passenger debarked rule.  

Also there is this from the site we can't name here:

The CDC added that they are "currently evaluating the need for options as ships want to reposition to the U.S. in the fall.