Carnival Health Assessment- have you traveled internationally in the last 14 days

Suncoastsailors

4 minutes ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

Such a valuable response.

I think you misinterpreted my response. (one of the problems with online communication where one cannot read expressions or body language) I guess I should have put in some emoji that showed sarcasm.

I was saying there really is no reason beyond "just because".

3 hours ago, SeaHunt said:

ITA pointless now.  😉

OT PSA - yesterday when scheduling a home service appointment for my Whirlpool refrigerator the same "Have you traveled internationally in the last xx days" question was asked among the questions about Covid and your household. But the kicker was the last question "Have you been on a cruise in the last xx days?"! (I was so surprised hearing a question about cruising on there that I can't remember if they said 30, 60 or 90 days). But apparently Whirlpool won't schedule a home service appointment for you if you answer yes to cruising, so you better get those pesky appointments done before you sail LOL.

Wow!  I would think the question should be solely about international travel.  Not like you can catch Covid at your local grocery store.  Nah, that wouldn't happen...

20 hours ago, ontheweb said:

I was saying there really is no reason beyond "just because".

That may be true sometimes, but often the reasons are complicated and involve variables and knowledge that does not fit in a sound bite.

I sometimes wonder why we bother wasting resources to give people advanced expert knowledge since apparently their advice should be ignored if Joe Public doesn't concur.

• Like 1

The powers that be at the CDC/FDA are set to approve 3rd vaccines for all US eligible persons starting September 20th.  They'll start with people who had their shots back in January, then February.  * months or longer.

This could change the cruise line protocols down the road.

10 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

The powers that be at the CDC/FDA are set to approve 3rd vaccines for all US eligible persons starting September 20th.  They'll start with people who had their shots back in January, then February.  * months or longer.

This could change the cruise line protocols down the road.

Good to know!  Thx for posting!

2 hours ago, broberts said:

That may be true sometimes, but often the reasons are complicated and involve variables and knowledge that does not fit in a sound bite.

I sometimes wonder why we bother wasting resources to give people advanced expert knowledge since apparently their advice should be ignored if Joe Public doesn't concur.

They could at lest try to explain their reasoning behind policies.

1 hour ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

If only my CDC card was like a punch card at donut or coffee places, after another year or so I'd have enough card punches to get a free ... something (like, another booster)!

Tom

Ain’t that a sad thing

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ontheweb said:

They could at lest try to explain their reasoning behind policies.

Agreed.  Someone in Government or medicine should develop plain language to discuss the COVID risks.   In non-scientific terms:  the vaccine works on prevention inside the body, which is why it's administered in your arm muscle.  This is very effective. The mask work to prevent viruses from entering via your nose and mouth, so-called mucous pathways.  The vaccines aren't as effective for these pathways.  And until an oral or mist is developed, like for polio, we'll need masks too.

Most of us when contracting COVID, or the flu, et.al., will develop anti-bodies and T-Cells that work to lessen the effectives and help prevent the virus from being a serious health threat to the body.  For some of us, who have pre-existing conditions that work against our bodies ability to fight various diseases, we need vaccines and protection.  There are some of us who for a variety of reasons cannot be vaccinated.  Immunity system is faulty.  These people really are the ones most at risk from COVID.

56 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Agreed.  Someone in Government or medicine should develop plain language to discuss the COVID risks.   In non-scientific terms:  the vaccine works on prevention inside the body, which is why it's administered in your arm muscle.  This is very effective. The mask work to prevent viruses from entering via your nose and mouth, so-called mucous pathways.  The vaccines aren't as effective for these pathways.  And until an oral or mist is developed, like for polio, we'll need masks too.

Most of us when contracting COVID, or the flu, et.al., will develop anti-bodies and T-Cells that work to lessen the effectives and help prevent the virus from being a serious health threat to the body.  For some of us, who have pre-existing conditions that work against our bodies ability to fight various diseases, we need vaccines and protection.  There are some of us who for a variety of reasons cannot be vaccinated.  Immunity system is faulty.  These people really are the ones most at risk from COVID.

Great idea

7 hours ago, broberts said:

Why?

Why, so individual passengers when making  decision whether to cruise or not or what cruise line they would choose have an idea of why the particular protocols were chosen and what they are meant to accomplish.

I have an inquiry for anyone who really knows the facts regarding the Carnival Pre Cruise Covid Testing procedures. To date, I have been Blessed not to have contracted the Covid 19 Virus and/or have to be tested as a close contact to anyone. 

1). I understand the 3 day rule. If we are sailing on a Saturday we need to get the testing done on Wednesday. 

2). What about passengers that do not reside in Florida? I am assuming that they get tested in their States of residence?

3). Do you tell the testing facility that you need a Pre Cruise Test?  What testing facilities perform the tests for free? I was told if you did not have the Covid symptoms then the tests are not free?

4). Does the testing center provide you with Hard Copy shoeing the test results? Do they email or text the results to your cellular telephone?

5). What forms of test verification does Carnival accept?

These are the procedural issues that we all need to understand.   

Thanks, in advance, for your professional and/or first hand experience responses.

33 minutes ago, jetsfan58 said:

I have an inquiry for anyone who really knows the facts regarding the Carnival Pre Cruise Covid Testing procedures. To date, I have been Blessed not to have contracted the Covid 19 Virus and/or have to be tested as a close contact to anyone. 

1). I understand the 3 day rule. If we are sailing on a Saturday we need to get the testing done on Wednesday. 

2). What about passengers that do not reside in Florida? I am assuming that they get tested in their States of residence?

3). Do you tell the testing facility that you need a Pre Cruise Test?  What testing facilities perform the tests for free? I was told if you did not have the Covid symptoms then the tests are not free?

4). Does the testing center provide you with Hard Copy shoeing the test results? Do they email or text the results to your cellular telephone?

5). What forms of test verification does Carnival accept?

These are the procedural issues that we all need to understand.   

Thanks, in advance, for your professional and/or first hand experience responses.

2.  You can take the test wherever - Carnival doesn't care.  Take it in your home state, take it at the departure port.  Just make sure you take it within three days, and get results by the time you check-in to board.

3.  This seems to depend on where you live and where you go to get tested.  here in FL CVS will test you for free, either by making your health insurance pay or the Gov't pays for the uninsured.  Some claim that if you say you are testing for travel you are more likely to be asked to pay, but that is not in my case.  YMMV.

4. Most seem to email results.  I suppose you can ask for a hardcopy by returning to the test provider.

5. From what I gather, anything that is a typical test result format is acceptable, from nicely formatted emails to PDFs that look like they went through 4 fax machines in 1982.

Good luck with your testing, and safe cruising!

53 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

2.  You can take the test wherever - Carnival doesn't care.  Take it in your home state, take it at the departure port.  Just make sure you take it within three days, and get results by the time you check-in to board.

3.  This seems to depend on where you live and where you go to get tested.  here in FL CVS will test you for free, either by making your health insurance pay or the Gov't pays for the uninsured.  Some claim that if you say you are testing for travel you are more likely to be asked to pay, but that is not in my case.  YMMV.

4. Most seem to email results.  I suppose you can ask for a hardcopy by returning to the test provider.

5. From what I gather, anything that is a typical test result format is acceptable, from nicely formatted emails to PDFs that look like they went through 4 fax machines in 1982.

Good luck with your testing, and safe cruising!

Great and I really appreciate the insight. Hopefully this process will not have to be in place forever. Hopefully all passengers will follow the rules as outlined.